Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Children today
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Children today Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh boy, has this been brouht up?

anway, has anyone noticed how out of controll kids are today? how 11 year olds stomp about like sassy in your face teenagers? how 14 year olds pine about not being able to go to fun parties because mommy dosen't want them to know how 19 year olds party?

ever see an 8 year old wearing shorts with the words "sweetie" written on the seat of the pants?

how did this happen? is it biology? because biologicly speeking children are maturing faster and faster... but does it make it ok for them to act that way? How mature is mature for a 13 year old? because she enterd puberty early does that give her the leaway to act "mature" and date and wear revealing clothing?

Is it wrong for parents to dress their little kids like pop stars? or are they just letting some little brat get their way?

so here is our topic? "why did youth grow up so young, and why are kids acting like some nitwit on some horrble sit com or teen movie"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kids aren't maturing faster and faster...they're getting stupid as their body grows into adulthood. There isn't a set day where you wake up and find yourself capable of understanding the world and others around you. They're just mistakes, walking around and plaguing the rest of us. Mistakes made by parents who don't care or don't know any better.

I don't know why kids act like this. Give me a childhood of playing nintendo and riding bikes over wearing mini skirts and hooker boots anyday. The youth don't know what they're sacrificing these days.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ha ha! I went to a bookstore today and found a copy of "Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank: And Other Words of Delicate Southern Wisdom." I chuckled at the title but didn't look beyond it.

Working at a giant retail store, I see a lot of kids dressed up sorta, well, inappropriately for their age, in my opinion. Heck, I work in the lingerie department, and I don't need to see any more normally clothed body parts than I am seeing, especially from the younger ones. ~_~

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate topics like this. They've been the same sense thier was a second generation of humans. It's the constant motion of cluture. Some say were going down hill others say we've made strides. It doesn't matter becasue it is what it is and that's all that it is.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This has probably been happening since parents have an overwhelming need to be accepted by their children. To be "cooler than their parents", they've decided to be their kids friends and not their parents, therby abandoning the authority to set standards and guide their kids, and now joining kids for the ride they're taking.

There's been a false sense of prosperity floated amongst adults, such that adults now think it is fair to accommodate Moschino Shoes and LV Bags into their budget, that spending more to give their kids the things they wanted and never had, to make them prettier, better dressed, and so on.

I think you should take not Ku, that not all kids are wild and out of control. Not all kids want to wear pants with "princess" splashed across their ass. Not all of their mothers and fathers are encouraging this. I would like to think that it's still in minority the kids like this, but compared to decades past, the proportion of kids behaving like stupid spoiled whores, is obviously on the rise, and probably now because we have a market for it. Think about it. There's make up for kids. When I was younger, this was limited to flavoured lip balms, and when my mum was a kid, she had to use her mothers when she wanted to play dressup. When I was young I wore singlets. My first bra type of clothing was at age 12, and I didn't even want to have breasts. Now there's bralette tops for for 2 year olds. For who's benefit is that? There have always been mentioned g-strings for kids. I haven't seen them, but I know at a young age I wasn't fretting about Visible panty line (the only reason I'd ever wear one), or wanting to"feel sexy" or "look hot for guy". In fact, probably until I was 12, guys were "Ewww, gross" to me. well, as friends they were fine, but the thought of kissing a guy voluntarly and enjoying it, or getting married and having babies was sickening. (well, the getting married and babies thing still grosses me out at this age)

Overall, so long as there's money to be made by marketing "adult" type products to children, and there's idiots willing to buy it, this trend wont change. Lets all hope it dies out soon. Just remember it's a minority, and we shouldn't really give a rat's ass about what happens to "mummy's little whore"...
Unless it's your niece, cousin, sister, or own daughter.

And what's the big deal? Why is it only happening to girls? Why is this a big issue for girls? I suppose guys aren't the ones flaunting their bodies.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

good point, i guess because guys aren't "shoppers", and aren't raised to be. Girls grow up with the notion that "I got to go shopping and buy buy buy! If I don't have this I'm not cool, everyone has a pink pocketbook so I need one to" then there is shopping and selling ones self "everyone buys the panty loving girl, so I need to be obcess with panties, low cut pants where my panties show".

guys wear leather wrist bands, button down shirts with flames and baggy pants. Sexy and cool and "come and get me" for a girl involves flashy and reveailing clothing.

the peacock has big feathers, the peahen is suposed to have a bald butt. I guess.

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

take a look at mom; if the daughter dresses whorish, the probabilty that mom does too is frighteningly high. girls are very impressionable, and what they see as they grow influences their actions and choices. mom is the first role model; if she's less than expected, her children will be, too. this is true, to an extent, for boys and dad.

the answer's there; LOOK TO THE PARENTS.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Schala-Kid, I know you're not from around the areas Ku and I are around, and this might be a regional thing for all that I know, but I do know that parents should be watching their daughters a bit more carefully and paying a bit more attention to how they dress and act.

I, for instance, live in Atlanta (where the 96 Olympics were, to put it into some sort of perspective of location) and the metro area has always been a huge cultural malange of art and fashion as it is a very bustling big city. When I was touring with my choral group to middle and elementary schools across the region to get them interested in high school chorus program the surrounding counties had to offer, it came to my attention that a lot of the younger girls were dressing more and more like the girls in my high school, with the deep-scooping shirts and shorts that you might have needed a strong pair of pliers to dig out of their butts... and it's only gotten worse over the past 4 years. I've got 2 younger female siblings, one in elementary and one in high school. I've seen these kids when I go to their sporting events.

It's not about designer clothing. Heck, my 11 year old sister is picking up on a lot of the designer brands, but that's got nothing to do with how a lot of the clothing is worn or cut (those little booty shorts are longer; they roll the band down and pull them up). There are plenty of nice kids clothes out there that's decently appropriate for parents to buy their children but the sales for those are low (I work in the clothing department).

When a mom comes in asking where the strapless bras are in a size 28-30 band for her really young girl so that she can wear her tube tops without the other kids seeing her straps there's something that's really not clicking somewhere, especially when the same sort of thing happens so often.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, hey!

I had a childhood of partying, a bit notsodecent clothing, yet I knew then when to stop.

I see it as this: Kids can do whatever they want, just as long as either they or thier parents keep their sorry asses straight.

It's all about control.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember hearing a discussion about this a few years ago. Because it was a few years ago, the details that I have are sketchy. But I digress...

An ancient document was found that was written by a (Roman, Greek?) philosopher, which contained his thoughts of the youth of the time. He said that all they did was play with their toys, and showed no effort in their studies. This was written in the years before Christ. Even back in those ancient times, there were complaints of the youth. Assuredly, no matter what age you are now, you remember adults complaining about youth culture.

Still, I'm definitely not condoning the choice of clothing that you are all talking about.

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As the mother of a 4 year old, lemme toss this in there.

There's no way I'd let her dress the way some parents dress their kids all skankified because there's no way [my] mother would let me go out of the house like that. It's the hardest thing in the world to tell Maddie that no, she can't have what the other kids have or do what they do and whatnot because it's inappropriate for her. She throws tantrums, but I try to give her an alternative so that she's not focused on what other kids do, say, have, want. This will only get worse when she goes to school next year. At least most of the schools nearby have uniforms, so that cuts down on the whole 'I want what they have' thing a little.

Speaking of parental responsibility, it Michael Bolton's me off that parents now are so hasty to disavow responsibility of their kids at the times they need it most. They're too quick to blame culture, or fads, or TV, or video games when they should be taking more responsibility over the things their kids do. I'd like for Maddie to go out into the world and do good things and at some point say, 'Because my momma taught me good things' instead of her being in jail and saying, 'Momma just wasn't around.'

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think up here in Northern England, I am/We're quite lucky to have the majority of the 5-12 range acting like they should, and how it was the same back when I was was in that age range. I just see normal, normally dressed (standard t-shirt, pants, plain skirts, that sort of thing) young kids coming in the shop, asking their parents for sweets or the next football card-game-thingy. It's annoying, yes, but that's what kids are supposed to be like at that age :P. And I admire the parents for not being the type that has been written about in this topic.

However, even though my area is known for having a good generation of 5-12's, high school and afterwards is where it goes bad. You start seing all the signs of yobbish behavior in mostly any kid around here that's 15+, and I doubt that the parents I saw raising the cute lil' tikes I mentioned before, are the same parents that have, quite frankly, raised a hooligan. Horrible hip-hop clothes for the lads, and trashy tracksuits for the ladettes..

I'm just glad my lack of social interaction the past few years has kept me from turning out like them. Heh, the one case where staying indoors is a good thing, isn't it :) .
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
good point, i guess because guys aren't "shoppers", and aren't raised to be. Girls grow up with the notion that "I got to go shopping and buy buy buy! If I don't have this I'm not cool, everyone has a pink pocketbook so I need one to" then there is shopping and selling ones self "everyone buys the panty loving girl, so I need to be obcess with panties, low cut pants where my panties show".

guys wear leather wrist bands, button down shirts with flames and baggy pants. Sexy and cool and "come and get me" for a girl involves flashy and reveailing clothing.

the peacock has big feathers, the peahen is suposed to have a bald butt. I guess.

To be fair, one doesn't have to show a lot of skin to be catering to the most inane and ridiculous fads and trends- guys do it just as much as girls.
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blame it on the parents raising kids differently than you've been brought up.
On noes -- difference.
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I blame it on the generation that is now breeding, or have been breeding for the past 10-15 years. It's the generation that grew up with lax morals and the need to experiment in any way imaginable. The generation of greed and personal gain, yet no personal responsibility.

They never matured, yet were allowed to spawn children, and are now imposing their horrible look on life to their children.

If you look at the past generations of America, you can see a circle. Some generations had a good moral code and had personal responsibility, and others did not. The 70s and 80s certainly did not have a good moral code, nor did it have any personal ethics, and these are the people that are having kids. Instead of teaching them right and wrong, they are partying with them, or neglecting them to the point that a young girl will dress like a skank or do other things soley to get a parent's attention.

However, you also have to look at the culture of our time, and when you do you can easily see why kids are dressing promiscuous and doing bad things. Their idols are doing the same. Hip Hop artists are talking about drinking and screwing and acting like whores. I don't have to go into movies and all other forms of media...everyone gets the picture.

The reason isn't really the kids, its the parents lack of responsibility, and the media's lack of any sort of moral code.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: