Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden VI for Wii?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Suikoden VI for Wii? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that Suikoden VI has been confirmed, some people have been thinking that it could be on the Wii. Here are some of the reasons for it:

• Sakiyama didn't confirm the platform the game is being developed on. Maybe it's because of a new platform instead of PlayStation 3? (Could also be Xbox 360, or multiplatform.)
  • Konami previously announced an "untitled RPG" for Wii. What if it's Suikoden VI?
  • Final Fantasy XII director Yasumi Matsuno has said that Wii is "perfect for RPGs" and is making a new RPG for Wii. Maybe Konami shares his attitude?
  • Wii is already getting a number of RPGs from Nintendo, Square Enix, Koei etc, so it will be a console that will have an established number RPG players.
  • Suikoden has previously appeared on a Nintendo platform in the form of Suikoden Card Stories for the GBA.
  • Suikoden 1 wasn't a PlayStation exclusive and Konami has supported all of the current consoles and is already supporting all the new consoles, with the most support behind Wii with 7 games.
  • Suikoden has never been a graphics-intensive game, and has normally appeared on a platform weaker than the competition (PlayStation and Saturn versus Nintendo 64 and PlayStation 2 versus Xbox and Gamecube).
  • Suikoden games have supported one-hand playing (all except Suikoden IV and Tactics), and the Wiimote is designed to be used with one hand.

There would be many possibilities of using the Wiimote in a Suikoden game. For example, it could be used to make battles faster with selecting commands and enemies, used to draw a figure for using Runes, and in many minigames, like fishing (which is already featured in a few Wii games) and maybe even the cooking contest (taking into account that Wii already has a Cooking Mama game).

So, what do you think and what kind of features could a Suikoden for Wii have?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is an interesting idea, as a gamer it's better for me as I wouldn't have to sell my house to buy a PS3, and the graphics would still see an improvement over the PS2. To be honest, I don't think Suikoden would take advantage of the Wii's abstract and creative features, it would be based on the platform because of money.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden will usually be on the system that has the highest penetration rate, or at least what Konami THINKS has the highest penetration rate. If Konami ports Suikoden on Wii ONLY, that means IT thinks that Wii is the strongest contender.

I dunno if the core Suikoden demograph will be the ones who will buy the WII. But doing a system leap MIGHT alienate the demograph, still its their call. I am getting both the PS3 and WII anyway.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think unless the PS3 does very well (i.e. as well as the PS2), putting Suikoden VI on the the PS3 runs the same risk of alienating fans. I can honestly say I'd very likely be a fan to not pick up Suikoden VI. 650 bucks = 13 new Wii games (since I will definitely have a Wii irregardless) or one PS3 and Suikoden VI.

But besides that, I'd like to think a Wii release would do Suikoden well. Playstation is, as a rule, oversaturated with RPGs. On another system without so much saturation, such as the Wii (or even 360), it may find a higher penetration rate with new fans.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering Suikoden V didn't exactly sell that great they might as well be thinking that it's time to cut their losses and try to get a new audience on a new system. Suikoden IV undoubtedly hurt the series as Suikoden V sold less, rather than convice the ones that left to come back they might want to try and attract new fans.

As far as the Wii-mote goes for game-play... who knows. The duels could be interesting, or they might not even use it. There are other games coming out on Wii that aren't designed with the Wii-mote in mind.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not too hot on the Wii, personally. I don't like it.

But if Suikoden VI will go to the Wii, then I might as well buy one, too. I still wish that the PS3 will overtake Wii as the better console, so that suikoden VI would have a better chance of appearing on the PS2. :mrgreen:

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's no reason why Suikoden VI would have to use the Wiimote. After all, even Super Smash Bros. Brawl, arguably one of the biggest games for the system, won't even use it.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it goes to the Wii or even the 360 I will breathe a massive sigh of relief. The only reason I would ever get a PS3 is for Suikoden and if it's not on PLaystation I can save my money by not investing on a doomed console.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it goes t othe PS3, I'l be happy
If it goes to the Wii, I'll be dissappointed.
If it goes to the 360, I'll abandon the series.

I highly doubt it will end up with the Wii, though. Come on now, $500 isn't as bad as you people make it out to be.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Come on now, $500 isn't as bad as you people make it out to be.

Don't you realize that this is depending on the financial situation of the individual?
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd prefer it went to the Wii. As mentioned earlier, that system is going tob e cheaper. I'd much rather only have to buy one system in the near future--with PS3, I'd rather wait until the price went down. The only way I'd buy the PS3 while the price was still that high would be if Suikoden VI came out on it while the price was up.

I understand that $500 or $600 isn't a huge amount of money, but it is a lot for a console. I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
$500 isn't as bad as you people make it out to be.

$500 - $600 is just that bad and then you haven't even counted in the actual game in the price. Especially when you consider that you could get a 360 and Wii for the same money if you want to, or just one and bunch of games. What makes it worse is that the price is due to a BluRay player I don't need much less want.

The price is going to keep the PS3 from being what it could be, it's certainly not going to be an N-Gage but it's not going to be a PS2 either.

If it goes to the PS3 I'll just have to do what many other people will, buy the game and wait till the PS3 has a reasonable price or the next generation comes along and it won't cost half as much.
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden VI for Wii? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami wrote:
Final Fantasy XII director Yasumi Matsuno has said that Wii is "perfect for RPGs" and is making a new RPG for Wii. Maybe Konami shares his attitude?

I am praying that this is the Wii game that Matsuno's working on. We've already got a great director (Sakiyama). With Matsuno serving as a scenario writer, we've got a game of epic proportions here.

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden VI for Wii? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xelinis wrote:
Sami wrote:
Final Fantasy XII director Yasumi Matsuno has said that Wii is "perfect for RPGs" and is making a new RPG for Wii. Maybe Konami shares his attitude?

I am praying that this is the Wii game that Matsuno's working on.

Uh... he works for Square-Enix, not Konami.
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden VI for Wii? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Xelinis wrote:
Sami wrote:

I am praying that this is the Wii game that Matsuno's working on.

Uh... he works for Square-Enix, not Konami.

Not anymore actually. He left SE in the middle of development for FFXII. He's currently working on a Wii RPG at a currently unknown company.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: