Suikoden Unique and Irrational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Coping with a Suikoden Addiction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Back in the days I used to play Suikoden 2 day and night, 24/7, 11/12 times ending in a row...
As I have matured ie. have found other games to play with rather than suikoden, I started to reduce the amount of Suikoden 2 playtime I have and eventually never touched it anymore =/

As far as Suikoden 1 is concerned, it is due to the fact knowing that I can acquire Tir in Suikoden 2 but would have to start all over Suikoden 1 first and have a good ending etc.
I started playing 1 after 2 and was rather disappointed due to the fact that the circle button doesn't even do anything...
But well, I grew into it and like I think I was stuck before/after fighting Neclord and eventually got bored of it so...
The end of Suikoden 1...

Then PS2 came along and despite the fact that I haven't touched Suikoden for a long long time, I saw "Suikoden 3" and I was like omgwthbbq I think I just remembered what Suikoden is. So I bought it, played it as a 10 years old kid who doesn't have a clue with english and every other. Eventually I just played through it once, didn't get the 108 stars. A few years later however, I've learned how to acquire the 108 stars and I just played through it again once. My ambition was to play through each character as the Flame Champion (that is, with 3 saves, Flame Champion Hugo, Flame Champion Geddoe and Flame Champion Chris). That didn't happen. What happened instead is that I just played through Hugo as Flame Champion and the end since it takes so long just to get 1 guy done so...

After Suikoden 4 was released I only played through it once or twice I think and never even touched it. But I admit that I admire Konami's thought of having Ted and his Soul Eater Rune in the game and Rune of Punishment for Lazlo. I was a number 1 fan when it came along but stopped playing it due to studies and eventually didn't even touched it for ages.

When Suikoden Tactics was out, I played it and gotta admit that this is the only Suikoden that I played for so long. Discovered this, that, went to the cave or whatever that is that I forgot on different days to beat the fire, earth, water etc dragons and get whatever rare equipment or such that they mentioned we could get.
Suikoden Tactics was pretty good and I like it. It's a unique Suikoden experience. (:

Lastly, Suikoden 5. Only played through it once and damn it took so long. I didn't even bother playing it through the second time or any more and it is also due to the fact that I'm getting older and I need my studies.

However, in the future I will be playing through all the Suikoden series after I'm done with High School!!! It's my last year and gosh it took yonks just to graduate =/
Oh well, I'm a Suikoden addict and I can't help it :D
(only time and busy-ness that stops me from playing them :P)

Phew that was quite a post :lol:
Aloyalgamer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Addicted? Nope, but it drove me to do Let's Plays on youtube! Suikoden 2 is awesome. Here's my link:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Aloyalgamer
Stop by if you're interested!
KC_MCDOHL

18361 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, I used to be addicted to video games so much (-_-)

Suikoden, FFVII and Metal Gear Solid were the three biggest ones that had an effect on me. I can relate to Templeton in the sense that, at the time, I felt totaly disconected from the real world. I just got so deeply involved in those games...

But, as someone else said in this thread, alot of it was circumstance of the time. I was a young teenager, and we all know what thats like lol I had moved house and circle of friends kept changing and stuff. Our family broke apart alot at that time too so, naturaly, your confidence dips. So you turn to something to fill the void.

By the time I was 17 though I had completely turned my life around. From 17-24 I barley played games at all. And, to be honest, not only do I not have that much time for games these days ...I simply cannot play them like I used to. I get bored easily.
stardragonsword

4560 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When my ex bf lent me the first game he said I might like it...I played it and fell in love However,I didn't get all the stars and didn't get the better ending. By this point I had given it back and due to other circumstances entirely we broke up. So I went on a journey to find the game...I ended up finding it in a used section of a gamestop wedged between a bunch of other games. Meanwhile,another friend had lent me the second game and because I hadn't gotten everyone before and didn't do it right in the first game it messed me up playing the second game.
The obsession to play it "right" started here.. my friends said I would make the rune sound effects in my sleep....I saved up a lot of money and had a friend order the second game for me.
I spread the addiction like a disease. My friend played it,we got her 8 year old brother to play...so on and so forth...
By this point the third and fourth games had come out,I didn't have a ps2 but bought the games anyway. It took a couple more years and several more playthroughs of the first two games but I got the ps2,then the other games as they came out.
I'm still obsessed with this series and I don't think that will change any time soon. My way of coping is to just let it happen. It's the one addiction I have that I refuse to kick.If there was a SAA my friends would have signed me up years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: