Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Coping with a Suikoden Addiction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

currently i'm having a urge to play suikoden 1,2,tactic and 5 all over again. but i can't since i don't have a ps2 right now :cry:

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
EienSnow

15405 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

u lend it to someone else?

Deeper than the sea, higher than the sky.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nah, i sold it a while ago cause i was out of money and now i'm regretting it.

EienSnow

15405 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ah, I will nvr sell my precious even I am lack of money, really, cuz I know if I do that, I might not be able to get it back.
save up and get another one?

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no need to get another one, hopefully i'll get my brother's soon.

Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't believe in addiction. I don't know what it is or how to define it. It's such a flaky term, as a behaviorist, I choose to ignore it as a label.

That being said, I've had some obsessive issues with games in the past, namely Diablo 2. Basically, I was playing for 8 hours on end, all through the night, on a meaningless quest to acquire "stuff". I eventually had to cut myself away from it completely, for a whole year. It was just occupying too much of my time and my thoughts, and eventually I just became fed up with the pointlessness of it. (All video games are pointless, really. Their only real function is to let a person escape for a while and be entertained. Once you step back and realize that, you won't become obsessed.)

I agree with you that Suikoden is a great series, but there has to come a point where you just have to step back and look at it as just one of many forms of entertainment available to you. If you get too hung up in just one game/series, you'll miss out on all the other options available to you.

(Heh, sounds like I'm getting old. :D)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am an obsessive reader. I read in an normal week around 1,000 pages, in very good weeks with a lot of time around 3,000 pages. I feel uncomfortable if I can't read a whole week. Since I am reading more books in English than in German I need a little more time, because my Englsih is of course not as good as the language I am grown up with.

I feel no addiction towards the games of Suikoden, although I like them very much, but I imagine I am somewhat addicted to this forum, since I went on saturdays to weeek only to gain internet access, because I couldn't be online at home. I even went to governmental offices (public at least) not to get information but to see whether there was a new post in a topic I have also written in.

YOu could say that is some kind of addiction, but I feel that I can stop if I had too... the same excuse as every addicted use :mrgreen:

The Fool
EienSnow

15405 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no offence, but, addiction is an excuse to me. Someone said to me b4, when one gets obssesion with something virtual, it is an escape from reality.
I tend to feel it is quite right, cuz, whenever I have too much stress over rl and studies, I will just want to play games and forget anything. The stress for me over my studies and rl can really make me sick. XD

Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whenver I get suikoden withdrawls I just call over my friends "Bed and Jerry" and go to town on some cheesecake icecream. Er.. or I just do my school work, as I always have enough of that. I dont' think there is a cure for suiko-itous. Perhaps we could form a Suiko-Anomynous class?

Hi. I'm Masaya, and I have a suikoden problem. *twitch twitch*Runes!!*twitch*

The Chaos Order

120743 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tonberry wrote:
Weird, VC. I got Suikoden III for Christmas and I played about 14 hours a day every day too. Now I get an urge to play it every time there is snow outside, which is hardly ever where I live, but still.

Weird, this is a really great coincidence, when I played Suikoden III was about 2 years ago on Winter too, and each winter I feel the need to play it too. about my obsession playing Suikoden I played 10 hours on 4 days continuous, I begin about 6pm to 5am taking advantage of the holidays ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EienSnow

15405 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, I guess we are really suikodens fans, cuz when u really like something, whatever that trigger ur memory to it u will miss it.
Tho now I am almost to the end of skd 5, I dunno why, I have the tendency to play skd 1 again, and all the way to 5, excluding tactics. I can only go back to play tactics, when I have my sch holidays... that will be 6 mths later.
T_T
Perhaps its the similiarity over skd 5 to skd 1 I guess...

natsun7gem

Natsun gem of Aronia

37113 Potch
14 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i am addicted to Suikoden.
i liked the series so much.. I like to play many other games, but Suikoden is just different with any other rpg's. Suikoden's REALLY my type, and I'm dedicated to played it til the end of me!
So....... Insane?heheh
whatever.............
I'm looking for a same path, that I couldn't find in the past......

genne atreides aka natsun gem
chaco

Chacos Regiment

45276 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Coping with a Suikoden Addiction Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am so addicted I made a forum for it so I could talk about it even more then I already do and I have joined many Suikoden related forums (like this one) :lol:

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i don't have an addiction to Suikoden. i mean i get the urge to play it about 3 times a year but i never let it get in the way of my personal life. my brother however seems to have been addicted to any nba game. he plays it like every single day. playing like 2 or 3 games per day. if that isn't addiction then i seriously don't know what is
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Coping with a Suikoden Addiction Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went through a phase were I spent the whole of my school holidays and hours after school when a was back playing Suikoden II solid. My eyes were literally burning everyday. My grades did slip a little due to it, but nothing major luckily. Nowadays, my games just sit and gather dust. Last time I played any of the games was probably late 07, early 08. My love for the games has slowly mellowed out over the years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: