Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kana Clan

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhett

Trumpeter Ducks

2462 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Kana Clan Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was reading through volume 10 of the Suikoden III Manga when I came across Geddoe negotiating with Sasari. Geddoe mentions that the Grasslands and Zexan will help them fight Luc and all them if the Kana and Le Buque clans are given independence from Harmonia and Sasari agrees to those conditions.

Is there anymore that we know about this mysterious clan, other than the fact that they were taken over by Harmonia at one point? Or are they just another mysterious Grassland clan like the Safir clan that we know little to nothing about? Also, do we know if these clans were ever really given independence after the events of Suikoden III?
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kana clan? i dunt recall the clan name at game(maybe i unnoticed). if the clan existed maybe the clan location near the caleria r smething since they under harmonia.

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Le Buque -was- the Kana clan. I was somewhat sure of it, but it's been a while.

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yea i was think same. i not sure about it... someone?

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The people of Le Buque used to be called the Kana Clan/Carna Tribe (manga/game) before they became third class citizens of Harmonia in IS 425.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah yes, of course. The game/manga name differences. That explains my confusion.

As for the other question, Le Buque remained a part of Harmonia following the war. Franz continued to work for Second Class Citizenship and you can speculate happily that they might have, but I find it unlikely. I suspect that Safir might have regained their lands and independance.

Trumpeter Ducks

2462 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The exact quote said by Geddoe is:
"You'll grant independence to the Kana and Le Buque clans, who were formally grasslanders"
He's talking about multiple clans so they seem to be different to me.

Another quote by Geddoe:
"We have confirmation that our old comrades the Karnar clan who were led far away, have returned!"
This shows that Le Buque is Karnar in the manga and not Kana.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Was in the same volume? Because the translation hasn't been consistent through the volumes.

Trumpeter Ducks

2462 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, both in Volume 10, within 30 pages of one another.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Karnar=Kana=Kaana=Carna. The translation is just very inconsistent. The Le Buque people are part of the Carna tribe.

Geddoe's quote in the manga doesn't make sense. I blame translation.
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well that happen all the time. well atleast we know who part of that clan

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a small note on the Safir clan, they did not regain any lands or anything because as far as we are told, all the Safirians were killed.

I agree with the consensus though, the Kana clan is the Carne/Carna clan that spawn Le Buque. It's perfectly possible that some of the lands that belonged to Carne were evactuated and the remaining tribesmen took to a nomadic lifestyle, only returning to take a part in the second fire bringer war, but that was never mentioned in the game and it seems much more plausible that the translation is simply shoddy.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: