Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy 7 Remake?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

should this original Final Fantasy 7 Remake?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 29 ]
no
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Not interested
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 45

Haroth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm one of those people who keeps an optimistic attitude about a remake. As in, "It's going to happen. They'd be silly not to eventually do it."

Also, FFVII on the N64? That's news to my ears.

[size=120:17kvj9gq]Life is uncensored; prepare to blush.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sure, why not? Other Final Fantasy games (III and IV, specifically) have recently been remade so I don't see why Final Fantasy VII shouldn't be remade at some point, since it is as pivotal a game (in that it introduced people to RPGs or brought the genre into the mainstream) as Final Fantasy IV was.

Would I, personally, buy it? Maybe. I've got the original and unless a remake was more along the lines of a facelift other than making significant changes, I don't think I would be all that interested.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Scarlet Assassin":7k8e51t3][quote="Wind Rune":7k8e51t3]the aeris resurrection from when ffvii was still for the n64

Somebody's gotta stop taking the Gamefaqs forum so seriously.

:lol: sorry about that. i was but an impressionable boy back then and i never got it out of my system. i never read the gamefaqs forum by the way. i just heard it from a friend when i was in high school
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Elc. Why not, indeed? FFVII is well-remembered and much beloved by RPG fans. Considering the tripe that Squeenix puts out nowadays, they'd be better off remaking their good games than making new games. I may not have liked FFVII as much as others, but, if it were given a big facelift and re-released I'd probably buy a copy. I like the idea of being able to play cool old games but with new graphics.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, same here. Final Fantasy VII with top notch graphics like Advent Children would be great.

Could you imagine how the Knights of the Round attack would look. :P
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of Knights of the Round... if they remake it, they should add an animation skip button. >_>

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:lol:

There is a few animations that are fairly long alright.

They could do what was done in FFX, the option for shortened animations.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love to see a FFVII remake, mainly because I missed out buying the original PS1 version. Sure I can just get it through other means, but I wanted a legit copy of my own without having to go through ebay or something. Even a re-release would be cool. FFVII was one of the first PS1 games I got, and I loved the game. I never played a dramatic game like this before. The only rpgs I've tried were Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG. So FFVII was a different experience for me, story-wise. It was completely fun, and the Chocobo racing was best side-game in the FF series. I was hoping to see something similar to it in the future, but I was kind of disappointed with FFX's version.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't mind of SE is going to remake FFVII. FFVII saga really disappointed me with Advent Children and all I heard after with other compilations...
How to make money by using and abusing a licence...
I just got the original one on PSX and that's enough. Cloud, Sephiroth and other characters really piss me off! I see them everyday (in RPG Maker communities...) But, I won't say the same thing for FFVI and FFVIII remakes (even if I get them on PSX). I'll be glad, but it won't be a reason for me to purchase them when they'll be released. Only when they will be already used... not before.

FFIX was just average for me, but I know why. Just before, I've done Xenogears, Parasite Eve 1 and Soukhagi, all from Squaresoft and I compared too much these three games with FFIX.
FFX... I had some good naps with (even with Kingdom Hearts).
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just to much
Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Parallax":q3620vq7]Speaking of Knights of the Round... if they remake it, they should add an animation skip button. >_>

True dat.....

Ide personaly love to see an FFVII remake, however if they did remake it i can see a few places where they could end up tripping, world map-wise for instance, would they keep random battles? I think they should. Still ide buy it if they did it.
Cyril De Montague

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that's news to me that Final Fantasy III and IV were remade, well not actually remade but with spinoffs,I thought? Yeah I heard something about Square Enix using the same graphics in Advent Children for Final Fantasy XIII.

But yeah, I hope they do make a remake, Final Fantasy VII was the first ever RPG I ever played and it was the best experience in my life that I would love to relive.
kenren

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't get square-enix, a final fantasy 7 remake is commercially viable (being that they profited off so many spin-offs), I would buy it in a second. Heck I would buy a PS3, just to play that game again in next gen graphics. I dunno, alot of you guys want a remake too right? For it, it just feels that's the details in that game were meant to be in sync with the graphic power of the PS3 or 360. Heck, they can even do the special cover thing they did with tekken and make over the PS3 in a final fantasy 7 paintjob and have the game come with it. It would sell like gangbusters for guys like me who would pay obscene amounts of money to recapture a part of my past I'll never have again (the happy part btw).
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One FF7 remake would've been better for the fans and Square Enix than all of the FF7 spin-offs and merchandise they've been pumping out since the original's release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: