Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy 7 Remake?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

should this original Final Fantasy 7 Remake?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 29 ]
no
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Not interested
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 45

Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know i think it is a good idea for a remake of a great game like Final Fantasy 7 to be made. They will be able to enhance graphics, enable voices in thair characters, improve movie scenes, and maybe give more insight on all characters and answer some unanswered questions from the original game. I'm looking forward to the release.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that a remake would also be a good idea. Just because FFVII has aged so poorly graphics wise. FFVI's graphics are sprites and obviously 2D and old school but they're not painful, they've just become more cute than they were originally intended. However, FFVII is just painful to the eyes. I have trouble telling what things are half the time.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they did remake it, I'd hope they add features other than improved graphics, because that novelty would get old after a while, very old.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wes wrote:
If they did remake it, I'd hope they add features other than improved graphics, because that novelty would get old after a while, very old.
True. Like how they updated Resident Evil by adding a new character and new sections that meshed seamlessly with the old plot and areas.

46980 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ah no not again!!
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I fail to see the relevancy of the word "again" in a topic from more than a year ago.

17817 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course they should remake it, or do any spin off they want. To say otherwise is almost commiting a crime, because simply having the option to buy any game related to such great games like FF7 or any Suikoden game is definitely welcomed.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno. Not every great thing needs to be remade. Look at how many "remakes" in movies fail their ass off. But that technically is a different form of media so I'll stick with video games.

Here's an example of a remade went wrong. Mega Man Powered Up for the PSP. It is a remake of Mega Man 1 from the NES. Some think its long overdue to remake the original NES series. However when these geniuses decided to remake it, they decided to make the graphics look more like BomberMan 64 or some kid's game than anything remotely what one would hope for with a Mega Man remake. Then they added voices for the characters. Not the worst possible step, but the voices they chose sound like pre-pubescent kids. Mega MAN. Cut MAN. Not Mega Boy and Cut Kid.

Great games don't always need remaking. FF7 was a good game and for some holds a legendary status. I think that the recent slew of sequels has tarnished what was once a pretty fine stand alone game. Remaking it doesn't seem like it would do any good.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not sure if it's been listed in any other topic, but at this point Square Enix has no plans to re-release FFVII. However, a few cast members of Final Fantasy VII shall be in Final Fantasy:Dissidia, which I believe is going to be first shown at The Square Enix party in about a week.

I'd heard rumors of an Advent Children game for the PSP, but as of now I believe that's only a rumor.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind a re-release of some of those great PSX FF games for the PS3, like, putting FFVII, VIII, and IX all on one blu-ray disc for those who missed their chance to play them before they went the way of the dodo. And if you want to update the cinematics or touch up on the graphics (or even eliminate the polygon models completely from FFVII) I wouldn't mind. Some of the remakes that have come out on the DS have looked pretty good so far, so I don't see what it could hurt.

As long as the basic story and gameplay doesn't change, "modernizing" the series could be refreshing.

That being said, I think FFVII is perfect the way it is, and it doesn't need to be completely re-made using Advent Children graphics or anything, which is what I think a lot of people are hoping for when they think of a "remake".

P.S. I heard a rumor that a FFVIII remake might be in the works... someone at my store was mentioning it, and I'm not sure how reliable it is. Don't hold your breath.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally think FF VII was excellent and it's still my favorite in the series to day. That said I must admit to being biased as it was the first of the series I ever played. I've played the older FF's except for III the moment they hit the European shelves on PS1 and I gotta say I loved IV and VI. V I find one of the weaker FF's the stoy being very plain and the characters couldn't interest me either. Especially after IV it felt very uninspired and straightforward. The only thing it had going for it was the job system which worked well and kept things interesting in lieu of a suspenceful storyline.

Anyway, back to FF VII:

Contrary to what many people have stated in this thread, I think VII has a phenominal storyline. It's just that it's hampered by (a) poor translation and (b) poor explanation of many of the storyline elements. For example: who understood where all these black-robed followers of Sephiroth really came from or what EXACTLY happened in in Nibelheim and later the nearby reactor? What EXACTLY was the relationship between Cloud and Zack? I myself had to read about it on the Internet before I fully understood all this, even after replaying the game several times.

To whoever said there is no grey area between good and bad: how about Cait Sith or the Turks? How about the main characters and SHINRA ultimately finding a common enemy in Sephiroth and the Weapons? Plenty of grey area, I should say. Speaking of Sephiroth: I gotta say I loathe the many long-haired, gloomy emo-boy wannabes that followed in his wake but you can't really blame that on the man himself, can you?

In short, I think the storyline is great and certainly not lacking in originality or nuance. The only weak point I can think of is the delivery of it all. I'm sure that, had the story been better told, it would have been recognized as one of the best storylines in a FF to date. Therefore, I'd be looking forward to a remake.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm all for it, Final Fantasy was the best in the series and still is to this day, So I'm pretty hyped for a remake, However they should be all the game play features and aspects as it was, Only thing is the voice overs and being able to see the characters up close, It was extremely hard to distinguish what the people were wearing and how they looked in the FFVII world, such a well put storyline, I wish I could relive such an experience when I first got the game in Christmas of 97 and it was actually the first RPG ever that I have played and even ever heard of for that matter, I was a fighting game, Action Adventure (Zelda and what not type person)) And considering the status it has been even and how great of a well made game it was, I guess that was just a bonus for me at that time. haha. :D
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Playing Crisis Core has really made me want to play FFVII again, but it hasn't aged very well. Especially after playing CC looking at the game would be pretty painful.

And all that stuff from CC has to be retconned into FFVII ( I mean who wouldn't want Gackt in one of the most iconic games ever :I ).

Having voice acting would be awesome, just because of Paul Eiding voicing Hojo. Hopefully that won't grow too old during the game though.

Hopefully everything will be kept intact though, like Yuffie and Vincent being optional characters (Having optional characters is something that I personally love a lot.) And giving the characters nicknames so that the Aeris people won't go completely berserk. Or this time people will argue about wether her Kingdom Hearts II/Advent Children voice actress or Crisis Core va. Or Mandy Moore from the original KH.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if they remake this game then hopefully they give yuffie and vincent some fmv. also they shouldn't change the story. some remakes tend to do that.one possible change they could do just for the hell of it is the aeris resurrection from when ffvii was still for the n64
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Wind Rune":1g85bdag]the aeris resurrection from when ffvii was still for the n64

Somebody's gotta stop taking the Gamefaqs forum so seriously.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: