Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy 7 Remake?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

should this original Final Fantasy 7 Remake?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 29 ]
no
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Not interested
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 45

Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Final Fantasy 7 Remake? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After Succesion of Final Fantasy 7 : Advance Child Short movie, Come The 1st person shooting game , story about of one member of Cloud team , Vicent Valentine : Dirge of Cereberus and The Famous Final Fantasy Mobile game Final Fantasy 7 : before Crisis . After this we will wait the Releasing Final Fantasy 7 : crisis Core , story about Friend Of Cloud, Zack. then we will witness the Remaking of Final Fantasy 7? yes the original Final Fantasy. isn't it for real?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ

This video show the opening part of the original final fantasy 7. did you see the similiar scene for old one? the aeristh part and the Train part which witness the 1st cloud fight for this game.

the video only techical demo, and Square Enix wanted to make it clear that there will not be a Final Fantasy VII remake for PS3. what a shame but somehow it would be nice if this game will be remake... i am totaly gonna buy ps3 soon enough.

give some opinion.. should this original Final Fantasy 7 Remake?

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meh, Final Fantasy VII has already been remade, or should I say rereleased tons of times. I don't want to see another FF7 coming out be it original or not, in my opinion.

Last edited by Ryusei on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest, they're acting waayyyyy too much on this.

Final Fantasy 7 was already a great game. However, it's time has gone. No need for spin-offs, time to be put into history.

I'd rather stick to the original.

But if it's a remake of the game, the original one itself, then I'd look into that.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would be interested in a remake of the original Final Fantasy VII.....not any spin-offs.

I think Final Fantasy VII is a great game and would love to see it in next-gen graphics while leaving the story and gameplay aspects as they are.
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

but atleast ramake for some Final fantasy fan newbies. there some Final fantasy started to like FF since play Ff 8 or Ff9 or maybe Start from ff10. thier surely dunno about final fantasy 7. they only watch the movie. suprisely some f them dont think, final fantasy 7 is the best FF ever..

but still i would say it would be nice if this FF7 remake. since the graphic quite nice

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd prefer to see a FF6 remake on the PS3. EVERYONE has heard of FF7, the real newbies are the ones who havent played 6 or earlier.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in the minority that thinks Final Fantasy VII got way too much press than it deserved. this makes my opinion that Square-Enix needs to just stop spinning-off or remaking this title just for the sake of milking it's fans of their money. I mean what the hell piece of offal did Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerebus turn out to be. They need to go back to the drawing board and return to making stand-alone Final Fantasy games that actually has a great story behind it and lots and lots of gameplay instead of lots and lots of CGI, pre-rendered cutscenes.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great story? Since when? FF6?

It has been a long time since the Final Fantasy series had a good story. And by that, I mean a VERY long time ago. It's recent installments are just full of CGI and pre-rendered cutscenes rather than story and gameplay as Tullaryx just said. The more recent installments of Final Fantasy has turned out more to be like movies than games. If Square wants me to respect them again, they should stop milking a single game over and over again (FF7) and start making good RPG's.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Tullaryx. Basically from start to finish. I think Final Fantasy VII got way more hype than it deserved. Yes, it was a good game. However, I don't think it was any better than most of the previous installments of the Final Fantasy series (particularly IV and VI, both of which were incredibly good games). It has graphics which have aged very badly, and in my opinion, didn't even look all that great back then (aside from the FMVs, of course) and I'd actually prefer the line drawings and sprites. For that reason, a remake might be a good idea from a corporate point of view...after all, Final Fantasy VII was a very popular game, and Square-Enix could certainly rake in some cash off of a version that has good graphics and whatnot.

But I wouldn't buy it.

Tullaryx wrote:
They need to go back to the drawing board and return to making stand-alone Final Fantasy games that actually has a great story behind it and lots and lots of gameplay instead of lots and lots of CGI, pre-rendered cutscenes.

This is, in a nutshell, the problem. Hasn't it been the problem for a long time? I know that some people here on this board are big fans of Final Fantasy IX, X, and even X-2. I don't condemn you for that. However, I hated those games, particularly IX, with a burning passion. They're embarrassingly short, they lack characters or plots that I care about, and there's virtually no depth to them beyond beautiful cutscenes.

I'm all for good CGI, don't get me wrong, but its place is as a supplement to the core gameplay, not as a replacement. The CGI in Final Fantasy really has become most of the game, too. Considering the things I've heard about Final Fantasy XII, I'm not exactly impressed so far, though I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it (I guess). Square hasn't impressed me for a long time, and remaking Final Fantasy VII isn't what I'd call a step in the right direction.

I realize that, as a company, their objective isn't to make me happy, it's to generate revenue. That's fine with me. If Square wants to remake Final Fantasy VII, then go for it, guys! I hope you make millions of dollars. I just won't be buying that product. Actually, I probably won't be buying any of your product. Oh well, at least I still have Suikoden.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
Great story? Since when? FF6?

It has been a long time since the Final Fantasy series had a good story. And by that, I mean a VERY long time ago. It's recent installments are just full of CGI and pre-rendered cutscenes rather than story and gameplay as Tullaryx just said. The more recent installments of Final Fantasy has turned out more to be like movies than games. If Square wants me to respect them again, they should stop milking a single game over and over again (FF7) and start making good RPG's.

I knew I wasn't the only one who felt this way. And yes, Final Fantasy VI was the last Final Fantasy (Non Tactics) game which had a great story. I think Square-Enix developers and people are so into CGI, pre-rendered cutscene sequences that they spend so much time on it rather than concentrating on the story and the gameplay.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just let it die already, FF7 was a great game but it doesn't need to be remade. On the other hand, Square can pretend they're going to remake it as long as they want and will always have a rabid group of followers watching their every move as long as they think this is an option.

This of course is great for Square as they can use it to get a lot of brand loyalty.

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The past few posters are pretty much dead on. Stop doing 7 remakes. Nothing since the original game was worth my time. I thought Advent Children was god awful. Pretty, but that is not what I look for in a game or a movie. I could give a rat's butt cheeks if the game looks nice. I want a great story with great characters. Try working on that before dolling your game up, Square Enix. Dirge of Cerberus is supposed to not be that great either.

They have characters that are so celebrated in gaming and they are basically just crapping on them with their recent installments. It's really sad.

Stop it with 7. Go back to 6 though, please! That has been my favorite Final Fantasy (and one of my favorite games in general) since I started playing video games. I have been disappointed that they keep on using the 7 characters, but never go back to the best characters they ever made, which were in 6.

Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i agree, final fantasy 4, 5 ,6 maybe wil be remade, since they remake FF 1 , 2 , 3 , it quite possible the game will remade. i wish final fantasy 5 will be remade.. since the game has some great storyline..

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i personally can't wait for the remake to come out. i really would like to play the game in the updated graphics that we have today, and i would also like to see the scene where sepiroth kills aries in good graphics. bet that scene would look killer.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see a remake, partly because the tech demo did a great job of demonstrating what such a beast could look and feel like, but mostly because of all the major Final Fantasy games, FFVII has arguably aged the worst and therefore would benefit the most from a total overhaul.

Looking at the game as objectively as I can considering how it ruled my life for a while, I see an RPG carrying all the hallmarks of a transitional period in both game design and technology, and it really shows; blocky character models, momentary slowdown in places, Square's translation staff was still a hit-and-miss, the use of pre-rendered backdrops despite being common and quite breathtaking at the time now appear cold and lifeless... my list goes on. Even a quick 'n' dirty budget remake a la Square's recent efforts would probably be an improvement. Rebuilding the entire game from scratch on the PS3 would be nothing short of amazing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: