Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

PS3 preorders anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did you preorder the PS3?
Yep, 10/10/06 at gamestop/eb
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Yeah, at some other game store
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Tried, but couldn't get one
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Nope, but will wait in line for it when it comes out
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
No, buying other system/s
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Saving money for other holiday stuff
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 36

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where'd you hear that? Microsoft paid big bucks for their exclusivity.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just came from my local video game store and saw that they are already accepting preorders for PS3's. The units are said to be in by next week, here in the Philippines. I haven't seen may people lining in front to get their own preorders though. It's no wonder. A PS3 costs a whopping 60,000 pesos for a 30 gig PS3 and much more whopping 72,000 pesos for a 60 gig PS3. Wow! This is just too much! I don't think I can save up to this much. Even if I sell my PS2, the most I can get out of it is 10,000 pesos. This price is just too much. It's even double the cost of an X-box 360.

It looks like I won't be having a PS3 anytime time soon, even though I am already planning to buy it some time later when the price drops. I better start saving some cash right now. Or else I'll be way behind in getting the next-gen consoles, like I did in the release of the PS2.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:

I wouldn't call porting those titles over to the 360 as being a dead issue just because the 360 doesn't sell well in Japan. The truth of the matter is that the 360 sells well everywhere else outside of Japan and I think non-Japanese players who own 360's also enjoy these titles. It would give publishers like Konami, Capcom and Square-Enix some thought to try and mine this market for more revenues by porting over such titles over to the 360. They can still sell the PS3 version primarily in Japan but I think if gamers were given a chance to choose in the North America, Europe and the rest of the Asia region don't be surprised if some pick the 360 versions over the PS3 one.

Unless the 360 completely kills Sony everywhere else I wouldn't count on MGS4, KH and suikoden being ported to the 360. Especially suikoden. That barely does well in Japan.
Vzar Méir

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am not able to pay me this hi-tech things fot the moment. I will see when Suikoden VI will be released and on which station. If it is on the PS3, I surely kill my money for it... ;_,

But the Wii first ^^

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For anyone who still want to buy a PS3: Gamestop are getting weekly if not twice a week shipments of the 20 gig systems already for walk in customers.

I was stopping at a store on my way home from work to pick up my castlevania preorder pack when the manager happened to mention they got two 20 gig systems in today and there was one still left, so I bought it without much of a thought. I also located another 20 gig system and was on my way to pick it up but decided to avoid getting any crap from the chain for buying a 3rd system from them on the same credit card.

I checked around the stores in my area by phone and about 50% of them got a shipment just today, and like I said out of the handful of stores that did get it, I could have bought 2 at around 7PM so getting a 20 gig system before christmas won't even be all that hard if you just keep checking with them. Ebay price for a 20 gig is around $700-800 so it's still worth it to buy, I will be saving up some more cash myself just in case I'll have a shot to get more of them next week while still waiting on one of my "preordered" ones to come in.
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently saving money for other stuff these holidays. However i will strongly think about getting a PS3 when the price goes down, or better yet i might get it online.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right now ps3 here in the Philippines are selling for 42,000(roughly around 840 bucks) Unless i sell one of my organs i dont think i'll be buying a ps3 anytime soon. And there is no reason to rush i dont think any good game is out in the market yet.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it ever gets cheaper which it might do considering how many people bought a Wii over here in Europe, I'd buy it for Suikoden VI, Metal Gear Solid 4 and the new GTA, and thats about it.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rune hunter wrote:
Right now ps3 here in the Philippines are selling for 42,000(roughly around 840 bucks) Unless i sell one of my organs i dont think i'll be buying a ps3 anytime soon. And there is no reason to rush i dont think any good game is out in the market yet.

42,000 pesos? Well, that's lower than the price of the PS3 last time I checked. That's quite a large decrease for the price. Granted, the last time I checked the PS3's price tag was a few months ago. It must have been because no one's buying 'em, so the price has to be lowered.

But then again, I still don't have that much cash to buy one. I'll just have to wait until the price drops some more.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not going to get a PS3 for a good long while. I'll certainly get one but I'm not one of these people that has to have the latest technology, I'll likely wait about a year and until there are a lot of games I want to play released before I buy the console.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most people seem to be thinking that way, becuase I've been to three stores that have been sitting on PS3s for a good while. One store had the same three premium models sitting in the back for a week now.
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://geekidiot.com/9/5-reasons-why-the-ps3-isnt-selling/

that's about all i have to say about that.

edit: also,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52387372@N00/345468874/in/set-721575944589 99428/

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's nearly impossible to buy PS3 in My country.
just compare the price in US and the price in my country
In US :
20GB PS3 - 499US$
60GB PS3 - 599US$
In my country :
20GB PS3 - 999US$
60GB PS3 - 1099US$(It's Serious)

There are just a few shops that have PS3 and every shop only have one.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
Most people seem to be thinking that way, becuase I've been to three stores that have been sitting on PS3s for a good while. One store had the same three premium models sitting in the back for a week now.

Same here. In fact, in all the stores I've been to that have had Wiis/PS3's, have had PS3's on the shelves with plenty of accesories too. Although not many; just usually 1 or 2, but I doubt stores out in the middle of where I live get more than that.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah there are plenty of PS3s just sitting around now, I went to best buy today to get a few blue ray movies and there were just half a dozen of them stacked up in the middle of the store.

I totally respect everyone who said they just don't have the money to buy a PS3 right now and those that just don't want to spend that much money for a system, but I'm sick of all the idiots that are all over the wii all of a sudden to over pay for it and camping out still just to get one. Where the hell are those idiots when the Wii first came out?

I have nothing against the Wii, in fact I think it's worth $250 even though it's almost just a control concept upgrade from a gamecube when the gamecube is 1/3 of the cost after you factor in at least a 2nd set of Wii controllers. But you'd just know those stupid idiots that are all of a sudden convinced the Wii is somehow a much better system than the PS3 to get one now are going to be the same people that'll later be the first to complain about: "the graphics are not very good, can't get more popular non japanese games, it doesn't play dvds or other medias..."

I guess those are the same idiots that were creating all the hype around the PS3 but at this point if you can get a PS3 by putting in no efforts for $500, you would be an idiot to spend more than $100 in money or effort in addition to the $250 cost to get a wii.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: