Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

PS3 preorders anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did you preorder the PS3?
Yep, 10/10/06 at gamestop/eb
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Yeah, at some other game store
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Tried, but couldn't get one
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Nope, but will wait in line for it when it comes out
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
No, buying other system/s
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Saving money for other holiday stuff
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 36

jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I may stop by the Toys R US tomorrow when they open and see if I can get one.

I was told at 9 AM(or I guess whenever the first key member of the store staff arrives) the stores will pass out official numbers or somesuch but they won't open til 11 which is basiclly noon since we get an extra hour tomorrow.

I won't even go if I can get a wii by getting there at 9 since that still means 2 more hours of waiting while I only waited about 30 min for the wii at gamestop, and with over half a dozen people already in line early this afternoon I highly doubt I'd even have a shot at a wii unless I leave right now.

Each store is to get around 6 spots for PS3 preorders and just over a dozen for Wii, I think if you are the first few you can get both at the same time. I live in a rather large city area but there are only about 5 Toy R Us's in a 50 miles radious, and all of them had people outside in a line during the day today, let me know how it works out for anyone who is going to try this and good luck.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, despite the horrible weather, I drove by there earlier and there were probably 30 or so people in line, so I just kept on driving. Oh well, no big loss to me, I just don't get to cash in. I'll buy one for myself in 2-3 years probably.

~Uguu!~
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
Well, despite the horrible weather, I drove by there earlier and there were probably 30 or so people in line, so I just kept on driving. Oh well, no big loss to me, I just don't get to cash in. I'll buy one for myself in 2-3 years probably.

Why wait that long. Just camp yourself, or drive around to one of the many stores in your area that will be selling them on launch day. Stake a spot in a shadowy area and wait for that one person so into getting home with their new PS3 that they're not paying attention to his surroundings. I think you can come up with the rest. Maybe you can even do it more than once and get yourself a system for yourself and one or two more to resell.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I did that, I'd most likely be waiting 5-10 years before I could buy one for myself :P Besides, I don't want a first generation system anyways. I'll let the suckers paying $1500 on eBay for them find all the bugs.

~Uguu!~
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

you said you lived in a smaller city, how small were you talking and how many Toys R Us were in your area?

I just checked ebay for the first time and there is no bull about the prices, right now if you have a recipt for a PS3 preorder the auction will go for $1500 and Wii for $400 no question, and just to think when it comes to PS3 the supply will not increase at all so that price must go up by at least $200-500 by mid Dec... Wow, now I almost feel bad for not heading out to wait in line for 20+ hours, and I don't see any logical reason why I may want to keep my system if I get it.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's about 50,000 people it seems. To be honest, I thought there were less people than that living here. This Toys R Us is the only one in the immediate area. In a 25 mile radius there are 3 Toys R Us's. Guess I just didn't anticipate that many people being interested in that around here is all. I probably should have gone out there at 2 or 3 in the morning and just bundled up. Would have been easy money. Heck, I could have even offered to sell my spot in line for $600. Ah well, guess I just missed out on some good cash is all, not the end of the world.

~Uguu!~
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure for a fact that at least $200-500 more should be made off a PS3 after it comes out, which is crazy since the shortage will be filled in at most 6 month, and for $1000+ you can lease a car for that period of time. I am looking to get mine and play it for a week or two so I can show it off at the gathering on thanksgiving then sell it at a peak period around early-mid Dec.

I'm almost tempted to sell the Wii now cause the supply should be way more than the number of preorders being taken, which should cause the $150 profit to drop after launch but I'd need something to cheer me up after giving up the PS3 so I'm still counting on keeping it.

10/31: just got word today from a smaller video gamestore chain that I should have a PS3 system coming from them as well, since I am first in line there from mid summer and have been asking about it everyday for 2 month. So now I'd say I have a good chance at getting two and that's great news for the holidays.
SierrasKnight

463 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was asleep during the fifteen minute reserve session they had at my local gamestop....*kicks dirt*. But ill be getting it when i work up enough money to get it. Even thou the smart thing my brain is telling me is for me to wait until the price comes down a hundred dollars.....but....yeah right :*laugh*:
Malvagio

Liberatori di Inferno

26524 Potch
63 Soldiers
123938 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want one so badly........ughhh but I am just not dedicated to preorder anything nor have I ever. I rather just wait till its cheaper and more common I suppose.

"Devoted Protector of Lord Logg and Lady Valeria"
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow Resistance just got a 9.1 from ign, that's pretty damn good for a brand new consol FPS title, I guess either buy or rent I'll have to pick that up now. Genji's been getting some pretty low ratings mainly because the gameplay is nothing new and camera sucks but it's said to still look very good and a pretty long game, so anyone who is still willing to sit down and play DW won't have a big problem with it.

Planning on taking next friday off and hopefully pick up both systems I have my name on. Boy next weekend is going to be so badass, Friday PS3s, Sat OSU vs. Mich in the early national championship which is something I don't recall ever happened since I started watching college football a decade ago, and Sun Wii with Zelda, then a long weekend in 3 more days... I know I have a blow off test before thanksgiving and hope nothing else bad happens, but it should be an awsome 2 weeks stretch.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I have one last shot at making money, and that's to sit outside Best Buy on Thursday and wait until they open on Friday. Luckily I'm off work for the next couple weeks, so I have nothing but free time. Waiting for 12 hours or whatever is not a problem here, and for about $1000 profit, I'd say it's worth it.

~Uguu!~
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, a Wal-Mart here in California had to shut down cause of unruly PS3 campers. The store called the Deuptys in and closed down for the evening.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I decided not to camp about 2 weeks ago when I got a nice HDTV on clearence instead. And boy, was I ever glad I did cause I would have set myself up for a huge disappointmant. I am not camping for 3 nights. No ****ing way!
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apparently there are a lot of people with free time to wait outside the stores for three days. They should be ashamed of themselves and deserve to be fired or expelled from school. And if they don't have jobs, then they're lazy leaches and I have no clue how they can afford a PS3. I was prepared to sit out there for 19 hours, but I didn't feel like spending three days waiting. They can have it.

~Uguu!~
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just got home from the walmart 5 min away from my house, and I got my 60 gig system for being first in line by about 5 min when the store only got 2 60 gig systems.

I camped out from Wed on 4 PM to just now midnight Fri morning as I found out the exam review for my afternoon class is gona be monday and I didn't study for my optional final in the night class anyways. I got there at after 3:30 PM on Wed and was very suprised to find myself first in line after all the other stores I checked had more than 5 people waiting since midnight or early morning when they were getting 2 systems of each type. I went planning on not getting in line at all if I was any lower than 3rd and was told 2 people were asking about the line but had just left, I really didn't want to wait in what was maybe the coldest night of the year in our area, but walmart was selling at midnight instead of 9-10 AM Fri like everywhere else so I decided to take my spot as number 1.

The line was full by 8:30 PM Wed of 12 people(8 got rainchecks), the freezing night was very bad as I got no sleep what so ever in 35 degrees weather. A dozen people must had been turned away from the line before the sun came up this morning, and after the manager got there it was said 6 60 gig ones and 2 30 gig ones were gona be sold but it still turned out to be 2 and 2 by the end of the night with rainchecks to be filled soon.

All the people who came as of before 9 PM on Thu basicly left to find other stores but after 9 PM people were lining up anyways and ended up being told at midnight "if they weren't the first 12 there's no reason for them to be there..." only to have about a dozen more lined up within the next 10 min for no reason, I left shortly after midnight with my system and the xmen blue ray disc which was half off for buying the PS3.

I haven't really worked much in my life but what should turn out to be 1.2-2k profit would be about the most I ever made in 32 hours(not counting the next 2 PS3s I should have if they sell at the same price which I put in hardly any effort for) of the 11 people who was camping out with me 10 are gona sell it while one was a high school kid who don't know about ebay and was getting it as a birthday gift. I'm not carzy and really think as of Fri, the ebay supply is gona triple and the current crazy price as high as 3.5k must come down, but a final price of 2k or so should be reasonable

It sucked during the night but if the systems can sell for what they are going for right now at around 2.3-2.5k, it'd be worth it. Now I'm just counting on getting the other two PS3 systems I am entitled to in my hands starting from the one at Gamestop early tomorrow morning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: