Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

PS3 preorders anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did you preorder the PS3?
Yep, 10/10/06 at gamestop/eb
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Yeah, at some other game store
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Tried, but couldn't get one
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Nope, but will wait in line for it when it comes out
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
No, buying other system/s
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Saving money for other holiday stuff
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 36

Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never buy a system at launch. The first batches are almost ALWAYS bugged in some way and the price is simply not worth it. Not only that, but you also have to contend with those extremely long queues that WILL happen on that day. You can also expect MASSIVE profilteering (where I am at) from the retailers...the price is too steep...really/

Plus, it seems that at the turn of each generation I ALWAYS seem to have a HUGE backlog of games to clear....No time for queue for the system or playing games on the system.
:cry:
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll wait however long it takes for a price drop, I'm not paying that amount for a product which needs me, not the other way around. As rainrir said the first batches tend to be slightly buggy and get outdated compared to newer models quickly, I suppose you have the advantage of playing the console before most people, but looking at the launch titles, the only game I'd play is Metal Gear Solid 4, and as much as I love it, I can wait, and wait I will.

Heres a list of all the Playstation 3 launch titles that I could find.

- 6Gun 2 - BattleBorne Entertainment
- Avalon - Climax Studios
- Dark Sector - Digital Extreme
- The Darkness - Starbreeze Studios
- Devil May Cry 4 - Capcom
- EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 - EA Chicago
- Eyedentify - TBA
- Fifth Phantom Saga - Sonic Team
- Final Fantasy - Square Enix
- Heavenly Sword - Ninja Theory
- I-8 - Insomniac Games
- Infraworld - Quantic Dream
- Killing Day - TBA
- Killzone PS3 - Guerilla Games
- Metal Gear Solid 4 - Kojima Productions
- Mobile Suit Gundam - TBA
- MotorStorm - Evolution Studios
- Ni-Oh - KOEI
- Omikron 2 - Quantic Dream
- Possession - Blitz Games
- Project Delta - Playlogic International
- ShadowClan - Tiger Hill Entertainment
- Tekken - Namco
- Warhawk - Incognito Entertainment

Due to the delay of the PS3, I'm not sure if all of these are correct or not.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that's a really old list and I think none of those are even launch titles... the only ones close to being launch games are Fight night which comes out mid Dec. and Mobile Suit Gundam which is only in japan I think, everything else on that list are either middle of next year or haven't even been confirmed. If a MGS or a FF game is at launch than there would have been much more hype around the system. Like I said before the only non-multi platform games for the PS3 that looks intrest at launch are resistance and untold legends, but odds are both won't be all that great since SCE is not very good at first person shooters or action rpgs.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I suppose it still applies to European audiences. :*laugh*:
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my....European audiences always get the short straw when it comes to games and stuff like that.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm getting one at launch at Wal-Mart. Only problem is I don't have a clue as to how that goes. I plan on getting there plenty early as to assure I get one. Has anyone here "camped" at wal-mart before to get something like this? How many PS3s will a Wal-Mart of a small town get?
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I'm getting one at launch at Wal-Mart. Only problem is I don't have a clue as to how that goes.

same here, that's kind of what I was asking before, but than again I live in a larger cities area and won't really stand a chance againest those people that are willing to stay for over a day.

But when it comes down to it, no matter how remote your area is there are a 50/50 chance that a random walmart may just get none, that on top of the fact it's not really how small a town you are in but more like how many people within a reasonable distance of the store wants it more than you do... I mean if within 15 miles of a walmart or any other store for that matter, only 3 people want to get a system you'd still have to arrive earlier or wait in line long than them to get one cause that's about the most a store is gona get. and since everyone knows there's money to be made reselling the system, odds are there will be a lot more people intrested to get it than that. So if you can somehow use the internet to post messages here, than there will be more people wanting to buy the system in your area than you can imagine.

I never camped out before at a launch no matter how much I wanted a consol cause I know I don't have as much determination as the store will have systems, and I think unless you are willing to wait for at least a dozen hours at a not so country/run-down walmart while knowing how many they'll have for sale before hand, I'd say your chances are pretty bad no matter where you are, then again luck is always involved as well so you never know.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heres the official list now:

Resistance: Fall of Man
NBA 07
Genji: Days of the Blade
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII
Call of Duty 3
Fight Night Round 3
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
F.E.A.R
Full Auto 2: Battlelines
Madden NFL 07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
NBA 2K7
Need For Speed Carbon
NHL 2K7
Ridge Racer 7
Sonic the Hedgehog
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
Tony Hawk's Project
Untold Legends Dark Kingdom
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was afraid this was gonna happen. They started taking preorders while I was at sea. I had no intentions of actually keeping it, I just wanted to cash in on the Christmas rush. So, that said, it doesn't truly break my heart not to get one. I suppose I'll go into the EB nearby and get laughed at, but you never know. I can certainly wait until a good crop of RPGs are released for it before I'll really feel the desire to buy one for myself. I have enough PS2 games to last me for a couple years that I've yet to play anyways, so until a Suikoden or some other RPG that gets rave reviews comes along, I'll bide my time.

~Uguu!~
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I was afraid this was gonna happen. They started taking preorders while I was at sea. I had no intentions of actually keeping it, I just wanted to cash in on the Christmas rush. So, that said, it doesn't truly break my heart not to get one.

you are a smart person for wanting to get one, I hope you can somehow. unless being the first few to check out a PS3 and maybe making up to $500+ is not worth someone's time, no one is going to pass up getting a PS3 without hassel if it's possible for them to gather enough money.

There is obviously a certain amount of effort someone is willing to put in for this to be worth their while. as much as I wanted a system to both play and maybe sell for a profit, there would have been no way in hell I'd consider it worth my time to waste any more energy and effort than I did to get one, so I don't think those who don't even want a PS3 anytime soon should have tried to get one. but it would be idiotic for someone to say they won't get one no matter what, cause no matter why someone would say that now, he/she is an idiot if the chance comes to get one on launch is somehow presented to them at no cost and they turn it down.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am not going to preorder one. If i decide i feel like spending the money, i will probably just camp out.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rainrir wrote:
I never buy a system at launch. The first batches are almost ALWAYS bugged in some way and the price is simply not worth it. Not only that, but you also have to contend with those extremely long queues that WILL happen on that day. You can also expect MASSIVE profilteering (where I am at) from the retailers...the price is too steep...really/

This is exactly how I feel about it. There are usually problems with the first ones, and why some waited on the PS2. Especially since they released other versions of the system later on. Since there aren't any games I want to play right away(FF13 is tempting, but I'm not going to lose sleep if I don't play it), there really is no rush for me to get one. I'd like to wait at least a year before purchasing one, unless something changes my mind.

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know how many people were aware of the Toys R Us PS3 & Wii preorders starting tomorrow morning, I was gona go to try to get in line but that seems out of the question since they don't open on sundays til 11 and there are already lines at every store in my area that exceeds the PS3 supplies at 3 PM Sat. Making $500 more bucks or selling a second system to justify keeping the first one would be good but not worth 20+ hours standing in line over night. Good luck to everyone doing that and anyone who plans to camp out at launch.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was not aware of that. I may stop by the Toys R US tomorrow when they open and see if I can get one. No way I'm gonna camp out, and I'll laugh at anyone who does because there's a Nor'easter going on, so they're getting awfully wet. Not worth it to me to camp out there. Maybe there won't be as much a demand out here for it anyways, who knows.

~Uguu!~
red stuff

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never buy consoles at launch, mainly because there's never anything that interests me. I haven't been paying that much attention to the PS3 (or any of the next-gen consoles), but I doubt that anything I want will be coming out for quite a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: