Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

No black people?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
granpaturtle

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: No black people? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why weren't there any black people in the Island Nations? Hell, Kika and Snowe were about the palest people I've ever seen. No way they lived their whole life, and their family for generations on those tropical islands.
I spose Lino En Kuldes was tan...still go to tropical islands like Haiti or Jamaica, you'll find black people, trust me.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vector ever write something about racial diversity at Suikoden World. Read here: http://www.suikox.com/ed/race40318.php

By the way, I live in Indonesia which is more or less is like Island Nations. People who has caucosian descent tend to have lighter skin than those who are not. But it will be varied with how much they are exposed with the sun.

I think it's more like the creator 'ignorance' with ethnic diversity also the skin color at the hot area.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ah, another one of these. Is TIN the earth equivenalnt of Indonesia or more like Cuba? Falena is more south no?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I'd be more perplexed if there was black people, because, there hasnt been an africa equivalent for them to all have come from.... Hauser and Bob were tolken black people nothing more.

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't forget Blackman.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Blackman wasn't black, he was an old white dude.

Here's his picture if you don't believe me:

http://www.suikosource.com/images/chars/b/blackman01.gif
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
ah, another one of these. Is TIN the earth equivenalnt of Indonesia or more like Cuba? Falena is more south no?

Grr, all those who dare define us as 'TIN' are enemies of the INF, prepare theyself for our fighting fishies o doom are now equipped with fishing rods for added thwappage!

But the INF would be more like Indonesia since it is a chain of islands housing representative states much like Indonesia is a chain of island housing different countries. Cuba would be more like Kanakan in that its really only 1 island, dismissing all current geographic locations of the 2.

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well INF is like indonesia for sure.. how about kooluk... ? there are no black people there (i think)

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vector Xthonic wrote:
Well, Blackman wasn't black, he was an old white dude.

Here's his picture if you don't believe me:

http://www.suikosource.com/images/chars/b/blackman01.gif

haha, wow... the things you learn on Suikox! :) I always thought he was an old black gardener.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hauser is a token black guy, there is no lineage to suggest where he came from or whether there is a black nation. Bob is from the werewolf village in grassland which was destroyed. He's the last of his kind we are told and his skin colour is more like the Karayans anyway. Would you consider the Karayans to be black people? Wyatt/Jimba seems to have darkened like the Karayans from exposure alone, Chris is pale white and his descendant.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't call the Karayans black people, if you ask me. I'd just consider them as "tanned." They look far from black, but their skin color must be due to their overexposure to the sun. I mean, they are on the Grassland afterall, and it's quite sunny in there.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Karayans are not black at all! If we're looking for an real-life equivalent, maybe people from Latin America, such as Brazil would be more appropriate. Their skin colour is definately classed as "tanned."
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since when has Bob been considered black? I always thought of him as tanned with dreadlocks. Huh.

I agree that Karayan people have the skin tone of Latinos. Actually, they remind me of Native Americans. Not exactly with the facial features or eye colors, but the skin color is very similar.

Aside from Samus and Hauser, there are no other black people in Suikoden thus far. Perhaps in future games there will be more.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What if we just said that kobolds are black under their fur, would that work?

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't even consider kobolds as "people."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: