Suikoden United and Irrational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The political ending (spoiler)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: The political ending (spoiler) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just wondering, in the end (which I don't have a ps2 to find out myself), does the parliment completely overtake the senate, or just like in my country (Canada), is there a harmanization between the two political forces in which they both exist together. Basically what I'm asking is if there is a senate and a parliment or is there just a parliment.

Thank You
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The senate dissolves itself in favor of a new parliament where each town has a say and things aren't so roped to the big political families (eg Godwins, Barows).

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyway, any political system that is shown in games will be rather simplistic...cuz...It can't be too complicated. Noone wants to dig through 1000 pages of text to see what are the powers of the Paliament or how the FALAENIAN government places checks and balances on everyone...

Still, there is now ONLY a paliament which house the representatives of each town...These representatives are democratically elected. In any case, the Senate is really more like a pork shop of nobles then an actual senate (actually some modern senates actually DO seem to resemble the old Falaenian Senate)
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rainrir wrote:
Noone wants to dig through 1000 pages of text to see what are the powers of the Paliament or how the FALAENIAN government places checks and balances on everyone...

I would like to have that...
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same.

I'd pay big money for such documents.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see that, too.

Getting to know more precise and in-depth stuff about government, law and politics of the Suikoden World would be quite the intereting read, even though it's 1,000 pages.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...wow then I guess you all can start with the United States Constittution and all its various clauses. Then move on tho Canada's...

Yea, it would be a very interesting read..but how many of us can sit through that? Most fans don't really dig that deep into the minds to enjoy Suikoden, and the intellectual demograph might not be big enough to warrant the Suiko-team racking their brains coming out with a constitution for a fictionous nation...

The cost and effort (but MOSTLY effort) will not be worth for the probably low returns of such an undertaking. Its business...unfortuantely.
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*spoilers*

Anyway, I felt this ending was the most conservative outcome in a Suikoden game so far: I am not so naive to expect Falena to become a Republic, and there was no possibility for a confederation of cities. But I still get the impression that it was an internal affair of little importance: to cleanse the queendom from some arrogant noble factions. Little has changed - it felt like all the effort wasn't necessary - especially because as Marscal said, everyone wanted to the best for Falena, in a sense.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio wrote:
*spoilers*

Anyway, I felt this ending was the most conservative outcome in a Suikoden game so far: I am not so naive to expect Falena to become a Republic, and there was no possibility for a confederation of cities. But I still get the impression that it was an internal affair of little importance: to cleanse the queendom from some arrogant noble factions. Little has changed - it felt like all the effort wasn't necessary - especially because as Marscal said, everyone wanted to the best for Falena, in a sense.

SPOILERS AS WELL

How can it feel like that effort wasn't necessary. Look at Falena's history. Almost every single conflict has been sparked in some way by the nobility's bickering. Sialeeds wasn't willing to sacrifice her own life just to solve a small skirmish between two nobles. This truly was a war between two major powers in the nation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: