Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fog Ship Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zepheros

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Fog Ship Help Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, peoples. I need some advice/possibly consoling. I was playing along, having a fun time of everything, when I accidently activated the Ted sidequest before I was ready. Now, seeing as Lino en Kuldes (or however you spell that) said something along the lines of "oh, don't worry, if it gets to scary we can always leave", I assumed that I could go out, prepare, and return. Of course as soon as I went out and got prepared, I saved. Now it seems there is no way to return to the fog ship. Am I screwed, or is there some way of returning that I have simply failed to find? I really don't want to have to start over when I'm so far. ;_;
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uh. I think, you, my friend, are screwed, as they say. I made the same mistake, NOT saving, and could not for the life of me find another way to trigger it. So, uh, Word of advice. Lino is apparently a big stinkin' liar. >_>

Sorry man.

EDIT: After reading your other post, I see you said it appears on the sea? Really? Never knew that. =o
Zepheros

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what I read on one site, but it didn't say where, and someone else said that they read somewhere that it doesn't reappear, so I'm really confused. I need definitive answers. ;_; I don't want to start over unless I'm absolutely, positively sure that I have to.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suggest just finishing the game with the imperfect ending, then trying again in New Game+. I'd hate to see you erase everything you've done because of one mistake.

If I were you, I'd save the file where you are right now and continue on in a different memory card space. That way if you do indeed find a way to complete that sidequest (that is, you know for sure you can reboard the ship) then you can just go back to that old file.

As far as I know, though, it's a one-time only deal. Sorry. :(

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope it's not a one-time deal :D !

After you leave, sail around until you see a misty cloudy area. That's the fog ship. (And I don't even have the game yet :( , but SARSAdmin did give a pretty good description on where to find it after you leave the Fog Ship)
Lynn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The same thing happened to me too; entered the War Room by mistake and triggered the Fog Ship event. I wasn't prepared at all, but at least my brief foray in Na-Nal helped me level Lino up a bit.

Anyway, I've heard that the Fog Ship isn't a one-time only event. However, upon leaving it, the chances of you running into it is apparently randomised all over again (basically, you'd be starting from scratch). So it's hard to trigger it once again, but it can be done.

My suggestion would be to continue the game as normal, and be prepared at all times with Medicine and whatnot should the event trigger. Hopefully, between where you are now and the final cut-off point, the Fog Ship will return.

Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, if you left the Fog Ship without completing the sidequest, you must sail around and look for it on the world map. It won't come back to you anymore.

You'll never get a chance to go back once you liberate Obel, so watch out.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But where is it on the world map? Does it move around? Is it in the same region you first encountered it? Is it random? Or is it fixed in one spot. Any help would be appreciated, as apparently this is more common a problem than I thought ^_^
Luck71182

492 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Look for a small cloud that appears lower than any other. Sail towards it and it should get bigger. When you run into it, the scene where Lino En Kuldes says that he and two other people should be enough for the mission starts again and allows you to get back into the Fog Ship. Do this before you recruit Kevin and Pam from NaY Island or you won't be able to find it again.8)
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know its possible to sail around to look for the Fog Ship once you've initiated the event but gone out of the Fog Shop.

But what exactly am I looking for? A grey patch of fog? Is it noticeable or does it blend in well? Has anyone done this before? Is there a particular area to sail around where the Fog Ship is?

Edit: Just found it myself anyway (nobody is going to get any such reward now!). I would suggest equipping a Champion Rune on a character otherwise it'll take forever.

It does not appear on your large chart, but it does appear as a blatant white circle on your compass (so use that in its large form) - you can also see it vaguely from afar as a few small circular tiny clouds which are orangy in colour - you'll notice them after a while as they definately look as though they don't belong.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have done it before . I posted the whole thing on Suikosource of how to find the fog ghost ship . I will have a look for it .
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't worry, I found it - I edited my above post.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay I'll just say that you might want to check for the fog ghost ship halfway between Middleport and the Deserted Island . Or halfway between Nay and Mountain Mass island . Some people have even repoted to have seen it around the Illuya area .

Use the larger compass - As Axiose suggested - that covers your ship for a greater sight range . Remember to boost your ship with the R1 button . I always used the Champions Rune because I wasn't sure if the fog ghost ship changed positions after a random encounter . If you anchor your ship and depart again then the ship will change positions anyway , so make sure that you are ready to go in for when you find the fog ghost ship .

The grey blob looks like a ghost in super mario world and it is appears as big as any of the Islands on the compass so you can't miss it if you are in range . Good luck .
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I found it around the Middleport/Deserted Island region. Though I saw it once near Nay (I anchored my ship as I wasn't prepared).

You know, it would be so much easier if I just didn't run away this time.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: