Suikoden Utopian and Informational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hammurabi's internet code
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Hammurabi's internet code Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*edited the title*

i edited the title for more clarity insted of "revenge" or "justice"

we are all social creatures, belive it or not. In my travles of being an asshat extrodinarie I've disoverd somthing, it makes me wonder.

here is a little game, I come up with a stituation, you can play along to. I make up a "what if" and you give me the justice or revenge needed.

if somone 'slags' cartoon doggies who get treated as fine art, and you are sick of it, and open your mouth. what should be done to you? need a hint?
endless torument.

so here is our topic. "the eye for a speen makes everyone mean" play the game or give us your own tails of "the little jerk who did this to me".

for instance, if you are slightly mean, you are ripe for being picked on. You can, without a doubt be worthy of people making fun of you for what ever reason, those who galiently defend whomever got "hurt" can make fun of you for being sick, poor, ugly. Heck, I'm sure the would be allowed to thorw racist remarks at you.

also they can not read what you say. if you say in defence to them telling you "you are a wealfare leach you sucks the money from tax payers with real jobs', if you say "hey are your friends poor so I can make fun of them for having to buy hand-me-downs", without a doubt you just admitted to saying "Im soo phour i kneed tos buy handmedown cloths"

*slaps head* ok pups, I'll toss you this mutton legg, hand fun.

Last edited by kuwaizair on Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well usually when I want revenge, I just kick the back of the person's knees while they're walking down the stairs. Every time.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kuwaizair, if you want to discuss life in general, or nothing in particular, shoot me a PM.
I'm not a psychologist, and I'm not on TV so I can't play one there, but I've been told that I was very good at helping other people break through mental barriers.. Door's open.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trevoke wrote:
Kuwaizair, if you want to discuss life in general, or nothing in particular, shoot me a PM.
I'm not a psychologist, and I'm not on TV so I can't play one there, but I've been told that I was very good at helping other people break through mental barriers.. Door's open.

yeh guess so. I mean, "wehh we're almost usertitle siblings". But hey, my example is a real one. funny huh? man, I feel so valueless. Mabybe I'll grow a brain and spine and make the next Neopets and make zillions.

I mean, what I've done to these people dosen't warrent saying "hehe I'm more than happy to put a bullet in her brain teehee" or make fun of the job I landed in. We all cannot be genious cartoonists at 15, who've composed 55 sonnatas right?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose that the thirst for revenge doesn't run in my blood as much as I'd like to think it does. Sure, I can be civilly argumentative, but revenge usually results in unnecessary wounds from both sides in conjunction with grudges and other unwanted grief.

Ignoring minor irritations usually helps a lot in these types of situations. My dad calls it the "Horton hears a Who" syndrome, when people take something minor and snowball it into an entire world of problems when it could easily be avoided in the first place by just ignoring it. Brushing your shoulders off of such things usually leads to a more peaceful existance, I've found.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kuwaizair - in the long, long period of time I've been here, I think I've noticed you a lot more than any other users (why yes, more even than the jailbait female users). What I have noticed is that you have a lot of grievances with the world. You've got beef with the world, and I'm not sure why.
Either you feel the world owes you something, or the world did you wrong -- or the world does you wrong on a regular basis.
The world doesn't owe you anything, and the world doesn't do you wrong -- because you are just as much a part of the world as the world is a part of you, and because there is no right or wrong in the world -- they only exist in human society.
When wolves attack a herd, they'll take the sick or old animals. They don't attack the alpha male or healthy members of the herd -- because, simply, that is not part of the Way of things to be. Humans have a choice to ignore this Way and act as they please -- but it doesn't bring happiness. We don't know if animals have this choice; all we know is how they act. It is possible that the choice doesn't exist in their mind because of generations of doing things in accordance to the Way.

The lesson here is that your own behavior can and does dictate what happens around you. It must of course go deeper than that -- your personality, the deep roots of the YOU inside, must change as well, to accomodate this understanding. By being flexible and accepting (which does not mean people can step all over you), there will gradually be a better outlook on life, and people will like you better.

Here are a few things I can recommend:
1) Lie down outside at night and look at the moon.
2) Open your arms and raise your head slightly when the wind blows
3) When you have a few seconds, take notice of your breath. Notice all that happens around you while you breathe in and out. Bring your thoughts and emotions back here...
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm actually a person who wants revenge - for anything wrong done to me. That's the way I've always been.

Although my revenge doesn't involve killing the person, though - it mostly involves them getting embarassed in front of a huge crowd and trying to creep them out.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

here is a little game, I come up with a stituation, you can play along to. I make up a "what if" and you give me the justice or revenge needed.

if somone 'slags' cartoon doggies who get treated as fine art, and you are sick of it, and open your mouth. what should be done to you? need a hint?
endless torument.

so here is our topic. "the eye for a speen makes everyone mean" play the game or give us your own tails of "the little jerk who did this to me".

okay, I don't quite understand the rules, But I'll have a go at playing your game Ku.

Cartoon Dogs being held in the regard by fine art? Well, I think some person needs to get a life. They're both a form of expression for the artist, but you cannot compare these as simular things. That, and I think cartoon dogs have no soul unless they're animated, which most people who draw cartoon dogs on devientart don't end up doing. just one soul-less dog that looks cute, yiff.

I, I think I would be sick of the person saying that their cartoon dog is better or just as good as a Monet. If I opened my mouth to express myself in this situation, it would not be pleasant to the people who are saying dog cartoon pic is the same as fine art. It's not. End of discussion. go home and get out of my site. I cannot understand people who would actually say that a cartoon dog is the same as fine art, so I cannot even imagine myself being fed up of someone who is criticising someone who is so deluded to think cartoon dogs are fine art. chances are it's probably me criticising said person. But If I were for some reason, and felt the need to defend the right to consider a cartoon dog fine art and stop another person criticising others, then I think I open myself to any abuse the person who is "slagging off" to become directed at me. On a more personal note, I would report to my legal counsel, write a new will, check that I hadn't been lobotomised in the last week, and commit myself to a mental institution, because I definatly would never defend someone who considers a dog cartoon to be fine art. Not in a million years.

okay, so now what was all this about "if you are slightly mean, you are ripe for being picked on. You can, without a doubt be worthy of people making fun of you for what ever reason, those who galiently defend whomever got "hurt" can make fun of you for being sick, poor, ugly. Heck, I'm sure the would be allowed to thorw racist remarks at you. "

what does this mean? What happens now in this game Ku?
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, revenge is bad for the soul. I prefer to let things pass over and away.

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trevoke wrote:
When wolves attack a herd, they'll take the sick or old animals. They don't attack the alpha male or healthy members of the herd -- because, simply, that is not part of the Way of things to be. Humans have a choice to ignore this Way and act as they please -- but it doesn't bring happiness. We don't know if animals have this choice; all we know is how they act. It is possible that the choice doesn't exist in their mind because of generations of doing things in accordance to the Way.

Who cares about the Way, you should follow what you think is right, because that will indeed bring you happiness.

As far as revenge goes, I not a vengful person unless you hurt my friends...
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pokey apples wrote:
Cartoon Dogs being held in the regard by fine art?

Sadly enough, as I've been a serious art major and have been to more art galleries than I could possibly ever remember, cartoon dogs seem kinda tame compared to some of the absolute and utter nonsense that some people define as fine art. I mean, a tea kettle glued to a large square in the middle of a canvas doesn't seem like it'd be something I'd ever consider fine art... or a urinal with spraypaint on it... yet these things sell for more money than I can fathom as they're sold off as fine art. ~_~

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not really the type to go out and seek revenge on someone. Sometimes it happens in some pretty nice ways, but I'm not really the type to go out and plan something meant to lower someone. Even the times I wanted to, I kind of came to my senses when I realized that I had better things to do with my time. Call me crazy, but I'm not really hateful enough to formulate plans against a particular person. I like people (they're almost never as bad as you think), and I've also noticed that everybody gets what's coming to them in the grand scheme of things, and it's usually much worse than anything you could do by acting like a child.

If, however, some Suiko-drama happened in my life I would probably start some sort of a badass quest for vengance. But since I live here in reality, that's probably not going to go down.

Trevoke is also dead on about the Way. We may be animals biologically, but our brain and our thoughts mean that we're on a higher level than they are in the mental sense. Acting like we're all animals will probably eventually piss off the wrong person. If you think you're just an animal, you should go live with them.

*Stands to the side*
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am a hate filled person if i'm vexed by someone, but i am also lazy so revenge is not the fist thing that i think about when i wake up, however if you are in front of me and you piss me off i will cut you :D not with a blade but with words, i can have a foul mouth and can occasionally be quick witted, but i can get carried away and not stop until i see tear, maybe even then i wont stop, depends what has been done to me.

That said it take A LOT to get me that vexed, i'm usually an easy going person.

Also, the Way? Whateva, i do what i want :D
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Inko, AA, Vincent : while I appreciate your comments, I was talking to kuwaizair and no one else. My words are only supposed to have a meaning to HER and probably won't touch you in the way they'll touch her. If you want to talk to me, I'll tailor my words so they touch you specifically.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yohn wrote:

I mean, a tea kettle glued to a large square in the middle of a canvas doesn't seem like it'd be something I'd ever consider fine art... or a urinal with spraypaint on it... yet these things sell for more money than I can fathom as they're sold off as fine art. ~_~

LOL, what you said may sound unbelievable, but its true. A good friend of mine enjoys visiting galleries, and it just so happens that everytime there's one opening, she'll always bring me along. The transformation from traditional styles to post-modern pieces is higly noticeable, and a sunflower stuck on a canvas with squiggles around it can now be considered as fine (and expensive) art.

As for the topic, revenge, no matter how sweet it sounds, has never brushed on my mind when I feel that I've been wronged. I like to tell myself that I'm above that person, and to do something that he or she would dislike would just be similar to what he or she did to me. It's always nice to think before you act, because it breaks the need to regret about something you did.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: