Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Would You Still Come To The Site If The Series Ended?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know what? Why SHOULD this community be shut down because of the discontinuation of a game series? Sure, some of us may have made an oath to die along with Suikoden, but that doesn't mean the rest of us can't continue. And we can continue the war system, even if the focus of the site is something other than Suikoden.

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to be on a web board celebrating George A. Romero's work back before Land of the Dead was even a script in producer hell!

We all came together to enjoy his work, and we never knew he was going to make more.

It doesn't matter if the series discontinued (which I honestly don't see in the near future), the series can still be played, and there will still be newcomers that just decide to pick up a Suikoden game on a whim and really enjoy it.

Plus there is fan fiction and the like that could keep us going.

Like I said, the end to something we enjoy doesn't mean we stop enjoying it. This board may stop with all the actual Suikoden talk, but we all have similar interests and would still have a good board, I think.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bub wrote:
I used to be on a web board celebrating George A. Romero's work back before Land of the Dead was even a script in producer hell!

We all came together to enjoy his work, and we never knew he was going to make more.

It doesn't matter if the series discontinued (which I honestly don't see in the near future), the series can still be played, and there will still be newcomers that just decide to pick up a Suikoden game on a whim and really enjoy it.

Which George A Romero fan site were you, or are you, part of?

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Bub wrote:

Which George A Romero fan site were you, or are you, part of?

Well, at first, a loooooooong time ago I was on georgearomero.com's web board. That went up a long while ago due to Romero leaving the board and because of certain jerkwads. So the I migrated over to the Homepageofthedead.com boards. I have been there from...either 2001 or 2002 until now, though I don't really frequent that board anymore due to certain new moderators being annoying as well as all the people I used to talk to there are basically gone.

Why? Are you on one of the boards?
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I joined a forum for Ragnarok (the MMORPG) a few years ago. They, the members, were all part of the guild I joined, and we used tot alk a lot about Ragnarok builds and stuff. Eventually, we all stopped playing Ragnarok, but our forum is still up and running. We chat about a lot of stuff, which includes new movies, games and books. :P

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bub wrote:
So the I migrated over to the Homepageofthedead.com boards. I have been there from...either 2001 or 2002 until now, though I don't really frequent that board anymore due to certain new moderators being annoying as well as all the people I used to talk to there are basically gone.

Why? Are you on one of the boards?

Oh, I'm on the HPOTD.com. I don't visit like every day like I used to but then that could be due to me getting used to being here, thus most of my time spent here. Though I still check their fiction section alot.

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although I found this site because I was searching for some information about Suikoden and the topics about the series were a big reason to stay, I have to say that this forum is for me only partly about the games. I know how that sound, but I think about this as something complete, though there are new games and information that enriches the whole Suikoden world. Aside from that I am talking rather seldom about the games nowadays and more often about questions and problems of general interest or concern. Therefore is the answer yes, I will definitely stay here even after the last Suikoden game is published.

The Fool
Zachwie

The Guillotine Order

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This site has something that is very unique, the battle system, that would help keep a lot of the members if the series ended. People would still be finding the series even if it officially ended, therefore the forum will always have worth. My favorite game is Dragon Force, for Sega Saturn, and if it had a forum like this, with a fun and involved war system, I would totally join in on the fun, even though that series is long dead.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, well without Blue Moon, i guess we would have nothing so i'd be gone as well.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if Suikoden was discontinued I'd die because of my oath to live and breathe Suikoden and such.

Also there's not much point to coming here if Blue Moon/Sars/Xethonic Vector doesn't.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would, if the site still remains active. If not, then I have no choice but to leave as well.
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

same as ryusei... i will still active.. if the seriese ended.. because.. the suiko is a big world. stories at suiko never ended

463 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah ill still be here. The series cant end, theres too many places left. You could have an entire story inside Harmonia only. I hope they dont end it, that'll leave Jeane and Viki shrouded in mystery for all times.... :/
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's not necessarily the case, SierrasKnight. Konami could just decide on ending the whole series up with Suikoden VI if they wanted to. Considring the size capacity of a PS3 disc, they could finish the entire series with all its mysteries solved in just one game. Although that is pretty much unlikely, there is the possibility that the Suikoden series will end sometime when we don't expect it. It could possiby bringing with it this site in its end as well. I hope that is not the case.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll still be here when the series ends but I'm not entirely sure too. If my friends from Zexen leaves, then I'll probably leave too. I love this place especially the nation system, but if all my friends packs up and go, then goodbye SuikoX!

Besides, if Vector leaves, then we can't expect new features on the site so it will get boring as time flows by.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: