Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Would You Still Come To The Site If The Series Ended?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Would You Still Come To The Site If The Series Ended? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just curious, as the recent disscussion on wither or not the series is becoming another Final Fantasy or not, and people speaking of they want the series to eventually end.
I would, I have made enough friends here to not worry If this site is based off of Suikoden...
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that they've turned a corner with the latest installment and not continued on the Suikoden IV path, plus with the outreach of the tactics genre, I think Suikoden has lots more life in it.
I suppose that doesn't really answer your question, it makes your question more of a moot point. I think eventually I'd stop coming after a couple years had passed with no word of any more Suikoden, but like I said, I find that to be unlikely.

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still would come, because all of these people are friendly and we could share times together just by posting... :) but if they quit too, i might consider on quiting or staying too i think :roll:
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vector Xthonic wrote:
I wouldn't.

There you go. Thread over.

117406 Potch
300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh no it's not!

It all depends on what you want from this site. If it's just a place to come to when you want to talk about the latest game, the utility would be limited if the Suikoden series ended.

But if you wanted to share your love of a good series, continue to war with other countries and factions, talk to people you like etc, the site is still a great place to go.

I'd probably keep checking in as long as there was interesting stuff to read and talk about. There are plenty of forums and sites for things that aren't being made anymore. Just think of the Lord of the Rings! It was written many years ago and is still popular for endless writing, speculating, and fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For a time. Eventually the majority of people would leave, though, and I along with them.

I'd keep my own site up, though, probably, even without the motivation to ever do anything.

As for missing people here, nah, that ain't gonna happen.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would depend.

If this place would still be an active place, even wihout the Suikoden Series - then yeah, I'll stick around.

But, if everyone decides to go gone, I may leave. Not quickly, though - only when the last drop of activity goes away.

But of course, I want this site to continue its activity levels even without a Suikoden game, even if this place is based on the game itself.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually find it difficult to hang around forums with a specific focus after that focus has been lifted. I can't remember the last time I posted at any of the Browncoat message boards, for instance. Certainly my level of activity at the TrekBBS has fallen sharply since the demise of Enterprise, but there's enough randomness there to at least keep me lurking, I suppose.

I'm not so sure about this place. I'd probably keep posting for a while, but not as frequently. I'd be more likely to stick around Their Star if it were still around 'cause I'm generally drawn to smaller communities. On the other hand, no new Suikoden games would mean that I'd have a lot more free time, so it might be hard to get rid of me.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vector Xthonic wrote:
I wouldn't.

That might make it tough for the rest of us.

I probably wouldn't stick around...it's a Suikoden site...so without Suikoden, there isn't too much to talk about. Of course, we could reminisce about the good ole days, but that would grow tiresome in about an hour.

I'd then have to make a new site to hang out. Or someone else would. There's always another forum, guys!

I'd miss some people from here if I never got to see their smiling faces again though. -Wipes away an imaginary tear-

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well we could gut the site of the Suikoden stuff after a while and just keep a pure nation based forum going if Mr VX so decided he would like to do it that way.
Athene Airheart

117406 Potch
300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No more new Suikoden games doesn't have to mean no more Suikoden... even when I only had the first game, I was still a big fan and I would have like to talk to people about it even though I didn't know there would ever be another game.

With games as complex and deep as this series, there's always stuff to talk about and explore and generally have fun with. Now, I hope the series continues for a long time, but not if the quality goes down. The possibility for board discussion increases also with novels and manga and Tactics and fanfic.

But then again, I'm thinking also of the ten years after the original Star Trek ended. There were endless fan stories, conventions, discussions, poetry, crafts, costumes... and that was based on a TV show only three seasons long! And they thought it would never come back! There's also the fact that some of us play and replay a game a long time after it comes out, just to enjoy new aspects of it. So as long as there are others interested in the subject, I'd stay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In a way it may even help sites like this. What I mean is that currently in the nation system its hard to tell when exactly these battles take place, the SME is still in existence and so is Kooluk so theoretically its based around the time of Suikoden 4/Tactics, but then we have newer nations like Zexen still around as well.

If the series ended we could base the wargames on a finite point in the Suikoden timeline and therefore one could work out what you could refer to as 'history' and all that kind of thing. For example Highland by the latest IS date we have seen ( end of Suiko 3 ) no longer exists, and since we have some units like Culgan and Seed as 'ghosts' it suggests the timeline is after the nation ceases to exist.

Anyway what I'm saying is that if the series were to end, we'd have answers to some questions and be able to pool together to make answers for any other questions. What happens to Yuber/Pesmerga? If the series ended now it would be up to us to decide. Suikoden fanfics and IFFs would fly into life because all of a sudden anything is possible and by inventing true runes we wouldn't be making up some story which then gets disproved by the official games.

Noone wants Suikoden to end, but all stories must. The way I see it, if Suikoden did make an MMORPG as was suggested in the other thread, then like Warcraft it would become the end of the series, because how do you follow up events that happen differently across a number of different servers. Everyone will claim theirs was the way it really happened.

It might be an interesting way to end the series though, having characters like Yuber/Pesmerga/Punishment Lazlo/Crazy Tir as super bosses that require large parties to take down. They could even have events like "ZOMG LUCA HAS RISEN FROM the GRAVE AS ZOMBIE LUCA, EVERYONE KILL HIM!"

After thinking about what I'm writing I believe that an MMORPG is a good way to end a series, its certainly hard to follow on after one... I mean Lineage 2 they made a prequel to Lineage for that exact reason, if it was a direct sequel why aren't people worshipping the players from the previous game and all that.

Personally I'm a little sad that Warcraft's story has come to the MMORPG format so quickly. I mean its such a moneymaker for Blizzard now that they'll never need to make another strategy game for that series they can just keep adding content to the current world... until the graphics options get that much more advanced that it suits them to make another MMORPG world. How they handle that in the WoW universe I've no idea, I get the feeling they'd go and make a World of Starcraft or something instead.

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll keep coming here until one of two things happen. First, if I happen to permanently lose internet connection and second, if the site was shut down. I love Suikoden and I want it to continue so long as it can remain enjoyable and maintain quality, but I also love coming here regardless of whether the series is active or in hibernation.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm still new here, but even in other rpg forum sites I'm a member in that have stagnated and pretty much gone into cardiac arrest, I still log on and check to see what they're doing. Hell, that's how I found about this place. One of the members in another rpg site mentioned Suikox.com and he kept saying how cool this place was. I pretty much got convinced to sign up due to that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: