Suikoden United and Informational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Will the Grasslands be able to continue on for long?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with everyone here. Grasslands is in a good spot right now. I think that Geddoe isn't really a Harmonian at all. He's a mercenary after all. Hermonia seems to be pretty much everywhere so why not go where the big business is? I also think that if ever presented with the opurtunity he would fight against Harmonia regulars everytime. He hates Harmonia but thats where the good money and he's close to his enemy. He may also be fulfilling a debt to Harmonia after his tribe/clan/village was taken over. A prisoner of war, so to speak. I'm interested in what Clan or whatever it is that Geddoe was from. It would be pretty cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Still, that's not as huge a spot of land as it seems, and you'd have to wonder why Harmonia would go after such a small country

There is a lot more land of Grasslands to the south that we never get to see. I would say that Grasslands is quite a large piece of land.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harmonia isnt in the Northeast, I thought they were just in the North?

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Look at the map. The Holy Kingdom is east and northeast of the Grasslands, but not north. The northern Outlands, the Nameless Lands, whatever you want to call them, are north of the Grasslands. Some part of Harmonia might be north, but the bulk of it is to the northeast.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think tinto would not make a high scale invasion of grassland coz gustav pendragon the father of lilly will follow what his daughter wants. lilly and hugo made a common bond when they became travel buddies and fought along in the 2nd fire bringer wars. lilly woudn't want to fight the ppl she made riends with. as for zexen its also the same with the captain of the knights chris lightfellow. and we've fot harmonia. now that they know that 2 true runes are in grasslands they would likely attack again in the near future. besides harmonia already know that the true lightning is in caleria unless the want to "collect" those runes they'll be in alert mode. as for dunan and toran grassland is far besides the current leaders wouldn't want to wage war for they already have experience it. they have fought for their independence and now they have it why would they do somthing crazy well thats my opinion but in the world of suikoden friends can become enemies and enemies can become allies two sides can swith a third party can enter no one knows.

i've only become a fan in 2002 coz of suikoden 3 then i became curious and bought suikoden 1 and 2 thou its hard to find. since then been crazy fan of the world of suikoden.i've been a fan of this site since. nice to know you all. :D
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly Zexen has more to worry about than Grassland. They held what 1/4 of the world map of S3? Tinto border disputes will only casue in a loss of land for Zexen.
Zexen had alot troops for such a small country though. Theres also there failing currupt goverment, and the people of Zexen seemed to have more faith in the Knights than there goverment, so a rebellion is also possible.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yep as long the grasslanders unite things will be flowing mildly. they have all the power they have musterd so just keep sticking to the plan or else every nation near their borders beware.... hihihihi! :evil:

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Konami has all the answers on any future plot whatever direction they choose to go in with this is anyones guess, being a Grassland Cavalryman on this site it would be tough for sure i have faith in Hugo, and Chris as far as reuniting with Zexen i've never heard anything about that yet the big shots of the 2 sides are the ones who make those decisions the question is would either side want to sort of turn back time and become one again unless they put together a loose agreement to back each other up when needed that would good for both of us but that's up to the superior's of both sides to decide. I just got this job it would be tough to relocate,plus just surviving a war is tough enough but having to pick up and find a new home country would be tough if Grasslands were to fall i doubt they will but who knows what fate Konami has for any one suikoworld nation, what the conquering nation does with members of the fallen nation's military is questionable in Harmonia look what they do to resisting nation's people they become slaves basicly that's not my idea of a good fate for soldiers who put up a good fight instead of giving them an option of joining their military or being a 3rd class citizen(slave) they just further punish you by making you a 3rd class citizen isn't stomping them out punishment enough at lease give them a choice the idea of being a servant to some wealthy guy don't sound like to much fun to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

EDIT: Double post.

Last edited by Camus the Noble on Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't think that the Grasslands will fall in the near future.

As for Zexen, the two countries managed to learn to respect their differences. I would even say that Zexen is now Grassland's biggest ally. (But then again, that mainly comes from a lack of allies, although that might change with Lucia ambassadoring (did I just invent a new word?) in Dunan.) But I disgress. Remember, if those thieving scum on the Council decide they don't like Grassland anymore, Chris could more than likely negotiate a peace, given the respect the people of both Zexen and the Grasslands have for her.

As for Tinto, well...
Quote:

Gustav also has led many attacks into the Grasslands, which is seen as a necessity by his citizens.

Straight from the Suikox encyclopedia. Peace here doesn't seem likely, but a mutual enemy in Tinto could possibly bring Zexen and the Grasslands closer.

Dunan is separated from much a Grassland by a wide Mountain range, so a was would be difficult for both. And Suikoden III ended optimisticly, with Lucia going off to Dunan to lobby for good relations with them. So, I really don't think they'll be enemies anytime soon, especially if Teresa is still the Dunan president.

As for Toran, we don't really know much about their diplomatic relations, but a war seems geographically improbable. While Toran and the Grasslands *technically* share a border, the lower half of Grassland appears to have a few large villages at most.

That brings us to Harmonia. I see the last Suikoden as a World War between Harmonia and pretty much everyone else, with maybe a few nations remaining neutral to flesh out the storyline. It would perfectly symbolize Suikoden's theme of racial and cultural acceptance; the country with the strict caste system and persecution of foreigners falling to a coalition of the free countries (hmm... some interesting allegories here :mrgreen: ). It would also serve to bring Hikusaak into the storyline, in whatever role he is destined to play. And finally, such a massive war could quite possibly arouse all twenty-seven True Runes at once, an event that most think would end the Suikoden series.

So, in conclusion, I am optimistic about the Grasslands' future; I see good or neutral relations with all countries except Tinto and Harmonia, and I predict that bad relations with those countries might aid relations with others.

Wow... that was quite the rant.
Oboro Tennosuke

Earhbound Spirits

453 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will Grassland really be able to continue on for long? Judging from what we've seen...I think not. Well, it depends on how strong Zexen and Tinto really are...Harmonia seems in a state of instability right now, so it shouldn't be a problem.

But with Karaya village burnt down...there's a huge gap in defense on the Grassland border. Karayans will rebuild their village, that's true, but their strength will be limited for some time. And the only other fighting clan is the Lizards'...the Ducks don't seem reliable in battle to me, and Alma Kinan is too secluded...not to mention Safir must be rebuilt too, and Le Buque is as distant as ever.

Plus, Zexen and Tinto are the progress. They have money, ore, and enough technology to put both good use. Give it some time, and both nations will use cannons and catapults. Count in Stone barricades too.

How can the Grasslanders even begin to compare? they don't have proper defense mechanisms, are united only in times of dire need and have been hit hard by the last conflict.

I just can't see them thriving without some massive political structure overhaul...

Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see why not. There's always power in numbers, and as long as The Six Clans stick together, they will always remain a threat. After Suikoden III, I believe they are much stronger than they were before. The only clashing I can see happening is with Zexen and the Lizard Clan, but nothing more than that.

Besides, you also have El Campeón de Llama in Hugo. He's still a kid, but once he's older, he's not going to be a pushover.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obel Soldier wrote:
I don't see why not. There's always power in numbers, and as long as The Six Clans stick together, they will always remain a threat. After Suikoden III, I believe they are much stronger than they were before. The only clashing I can see happening is with Zexen and the Lizard Clan, but nothing more than that.

Besides, you also have El Campeón de Llama in Hugo. He's still a kid, but once he's older, he's not going to be a pushover.

Yeah, i agree with you Obel Soldier. The Grasslands will be able to survive as an independent alliance of free lands/states because there is unity among the Six Clans. The people of the Six Clans have never fought among each other and although each Clan lives in their respected territories, they would still come to the aid of other Clans if they come under attack. Besides, in terms of culture and religion, the Six Clans are alike in terms of their worshipping of the "spirits". In Zexen, they don't worship the spirits but the "Goddess", thus implying that the Zexen practices a different religion than Grassland people.

However, the possibility of a future war between Zexen and Grasslands is low. Much of Zexen's future military investments would focus on guarding the border with Tinto and to build a strong navy since they depend on sea trade. Besides, Zexen's population is too small to invade any nation. Zexen's army is suited for defence, not attack.

Personally, i would conclude the main threat to the Grasslands are mainly Harmonia, which is eager to avenge their defeat by the Fire Bringers.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Grasslanders' main body of troops are the Lizard Clan. And the Lizard Clan are really, really dumb. Without another skilled (or in Caesar's case, just intuitive, I guess) strategic staff popping up and just falling in to their laps, I would hardly count them as a threat. All you need to do is gather all your troops in to one place, and they will run at you no matter how much you outnumber them.

The Karaya would worry me, but the Grasslanders as a whole? Pfft.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I highly doubt Grassland is much danger. Dont forget they have 1 of the true rune(although we dont know if its lightning,fire or water) still it would be very foolish to just attack them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: