Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Heroes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I honestly would of liked a new villain, and was hoping for Adam to get away or something. I'm sure he'll be back, but I think the episode should of ended with the virus looking like it was going to break.
I'm sick of Sylar, nightmare man had potential, Adam was decent. I liked the potential show-down of Hiro and Adam. Sylar continuing to be the villain just seems like they're going back to the whole, Sylar vs. Peter thing. Although I guess this kind of thing works best in comic books. Arch-nemesis can't die as long as the Hero is alive.
Well considering the 3 I've mentioned are alive, Sylar, Adam, and Nightmare man, I'm going to assume it's a safe bet we'll see them more in chapter 3, villains.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I don't think we'll be seeing Sylar anytime soon. Well, at least not during the time they have to film the episodes for Volume 3 if the Writer's Guild Strike end in the next couple months. The actor playing Sylar is set to play the Young Spock in J.J. Abrams Star Trek reboot.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some Tim Kring comments I read somewhere.

Quote:
The fate of Nathan, who was shot during a TV press conference, and of Niki, who may have died in an abandoned building explosion, are "up in the air and will be determined when we come back after the strike," Kring says. "Things are fairly dire for them both." Immortal Adam was teleported by Hiro (Masi Oka) into a coffin buried in the same Japanese cemetery where his father Kaito (George Takei), who was slain by Adam, is also buried. "It's poetic justice to have Adam end up in the same graveyard as Kaito," Kring notes. "We've given the audience no reason to believe that Adam can figure a way to get out of there. The fact that he can live forever makes this the most gruesome of internments. If this happened to any of us, at least we'd know we'd soon have the mercy of death. Not here."

Witchy, bitchy Elle, who wound up saving the lives of Mohinder (Sendhil Ramamurthy), Maya (Dania Ramirez) and little Molly (Adair Tishler), clearly sparked when Mohinder called her a hero. "Kristen Bell gave us the perfect reaction in that scene," Kring says. "For a moment there, Elle sees she's been given an opportunity to use her powers in a good way. And she absolutely likes the sound of that word 'hero.'" Not to worry. There are plenty more baddies coming after the writers' strike concludes. In fact, the title of Volume 3 — "Villains" — says it all.

"We've introduced a cadre of them over the course of the show and we're going to see them rise up," Kring says. "Just as the heroes have found each other to save the world, the villains will do the same with the opposite intent." And their numbers may be legion. "The Company has catalogued many of these people over the years. There may be more of them down in that basement than we have alluded to so far."

Will Sylar (Zachary Quinto) be their ringleader? After being electro-zapped by Elle, Mister Eyebrows escaped to a back alley and skeevily injected himself with Claire's (Hayden Panettiere) blood. Then, in a wicked salute to Popeye, he telekinetically grabbed a can of spinach and said, "I'm back!"
"Sylar getting his power back does not bode well for our heroes," says Kring, who admits there is one upside to the writers' strike: Originally, Quinto was not going to be available for much of Volume 3 because of his commitment to the new Star Trek film. Now, with the strike dragging on, he'll likely be done playing young Spock by the time Heroes returns to production.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder if a certain young cheerleader will have seen what happened to her real dad with the TV coverage. It'd be quite ironic though, she thought she'd lost one dad only to really lose the other.

With the whole Pandora's box comment, and what we've seen of her throughout the entire two seasons, I don't doubt Angela's going to become a villain, which will be quite the dilemma for Peter, especially seeing as it's been more than made clear that if she sees fit, Angela will have Peter killed, having "heard" what she "said" to Matt.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Pandora's Box Angela Petrelli may have been referring to has to be Peter Petrelli himself. He seems to be the most powerful person next to Sylar in terms of abilities. His grasp on his powers and the ability to recall past mimicked abilities is getting better and as we've seen in this season when he puts his mind to one goal he gets to be very tunnel-vision about it. With more and more people with abilities popping up I wouldn't be surprised if he'll make it his mission to take down the Company by finding other heroes who may feel the same way as he does. When you think about it he'll be continuing what Adam started but minus all the God-complex bit Adam had.

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope they makes Nikki's death official. I don't really see where she flows into the main storyline and I dislike her character. I thought D.L. was the better character of the pair. Plus, killing her off could open up interesting possibilities for Micah. Both of his parents would have died for being a hero, that could easily turn him into some sort of super villian. He has the intelligence and technomancy powers to fit the evil scientist villian archetype.

I like Nathan Petrelli though, I think he has one of the more interesting personalities. I'll accept him being dead for story purposes, but I am hoping he pulls through.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One thing for sure, Tim Kring and the writers for Heroes must really have read comic books quite a lot. They already got down the superhero comic staple of killing off characters but bringing them back just to kill them again then bringing them back to begin the cycle anew. :)

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now this is bothering me - that virus that Peter destroyed (strain 138) turned to dust via nuclear cookage, however the dust absorbed itself into Peter. This lead me to immediately think that he will somehow become a catalyst for the virus, perhaps people that come in contact with him will contract it?

On the other hand since it was one of the power deadening viruses, I also wonder whether by absorbing into Peter its going to instantly or even slowly wither away his powers so that he's not all powerful anymore. Peter didn't visibly use any of his powers after it was absorbed into him, so there's definately something going on with it.

A friend did raise the very valid point that "But Chapter 2 ended, Chapter 1 ended when they stopped the bomb... Chapter 2 ending must mean the virus was destroyed". I do wonder. On that note - if/when they stopped the virus, did that change the future to the extent that Kaitlin is now stuck in a future that will never eventuate? Did Peter essentially destroy her along with that future?

Sylar getting his powers back is a blessing in my mind, there are quite a lot of annoying characters and a lot of powers floating around now that Sylar could really want. Time to think the ranks :) I would guess his first stop will be Claire - the company abandoning them may actually be curse more than a blessing since they've don't really have any way to stop ol Sylar. The question then is whether Claire could regenerate from such an attack, Sylar has attacked her before and saw that it was her blood that healed him of the virus (combined with Mohinder's). There have been two statements of how to kill one of the regenerators - Adam said "taking our head off is the only way", but Angela(? - Peter/Nathan's mother) said a shot through the brain will do it. Claire has had a stick through the head and Peter had a massive shard of glass embedded in the back of his skull and they both regenerated. I would be inclined to trust Adam more than Angela.

A question one must ask now is whether he managed to absorb Candice's power when he killed her earlier - and whether he does may answer more about how he 'sees how things work'. Logically if all he does is disect brains and study the unique nerve connections that grant powers, he would still know what connections he needs to make to simulate her power. If there is actually some 'eating' or absorbtion process then there's a good chance that he didn't get her power. At any rate, noone may be who they seem.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think part of Sylar's ability is that he can see how the brain has been changed to give certain individuals their abilities. I think even during his de-powered stage during the season he wouldn't have been able to figure out Candice's power if he cracked her head open manually. One has to remember that before the person he first killed for their telekinetic ability Sylar really didn't have anything spectacular. All he has was the ability to see how thngs worked and how to fix it. It was only after he abosrbed that first ability that he turned to slicing open the top of people's skulls to get at the brain.

As for Caitlin now stuck in a timeline that doesn't exist one has to really look at the superhero universes in comic books to find the true answer. It's not that the future she's stuck in stops existing. In fact that future probably still exists but now only as an alternate one and not the future Peter's current timeline will see before it. So, this will put a new question to the forefront. Does Hiro's power allow him to not just travel back in time, slow it down and stop it, but can it also allow him to travel through the infinite alternate timelines. I say yes because of what happened with Chapter One's "bomb" threat. If the threat of New York being destroyed by an exploding Peter and/or Ted was stopped then that future would've stopped existing, but if it never existed then how did the Future Hiro ever come to pass to come back in time to warn Peter. So, I think Hiro's temporal manipulation ability has advanced to the point that he could travel through alternate timelines.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm still part of the old theory of Sylar eating brains.
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
I'm still part of the old theory of Sylar eating brains.

Yeah, I know it's wrong but for some reason the mental image I have of Sylar going nom nom nom on peoples brains makes me laugh.

Overall, volume two has significantly improved from its predecessor. Though it sort of annoyed me how they recycled plot lines from the last season, one thing volume two did well was increased the amounts fighting/power scenes if not improved.

[Spoilers] The whole vision of the Shanti virus effecting the future was a total rip off, of last seasons ‘New York going BOOM!’ plotline from last year. What they really did well, like I stated previously was upping the anti for all the fight scenes/ power scenes. It felt like there was a superpower fight in every episode.

As for volume finale, though I believe it left more closure then last years season finale, I was rather disappointed and also rather predictable. I didn’t think it was that hard to figure out that Niki and Nathan were going to “fall.” I mean, they are the most expendable. There’s already a guy who can fly and Niki wasn’t going to get help from Suresh any time soon. I’m hoping that at least Niki makes it, because at least she has a power that is unique. For now at least.

The actual ending wasn’t all that bad. I’m actually pretty happy that Sylar is back in business, since he is my favorite villain in the series.
[/Spoilers]

I also had the impression that Alejandro had the power to reverse death. Though do to certain circumstances I doubt we’ll ever find out.

Any which way, I can’t wait until those stupid writers stop ax’in ‘fo moe monies so I can get my daily dose of Heroes on time. D:

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Niki lost her power when she got injected by that virus. You can tell when she gets trapped in that building - if she still had her strength she could have torn her way out.

I dunno, this season has had a lot of issues - it retread a LOT of ground, the main plotline was virtually identical, Peter's story was the same, Claire's story was the same, Niki's story started different but ended up the same, Nathan had pretty much nothing to do, Maya and Alejandro were just annoying, Hiro's experience back in time started off interesting but took far too long, Kristen Bell's character is almost a carbon copy of Veronica Mars just with powers and daddy issues.

It did get better at the end, but the first few episodes just felt like going over the same stuff again, instead of moving forward as it should have.

Alejandro's power is debatable, on the one hand you could say he had nothing and just calmed Maya down... but he was immune to her black death ability - perhaps that has something to do with them being twins though.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
Maya and Alejandro were just annoying.

I liked them when they were first introduced, but yeah they did get pretty annoying/retarded near the end.

Quote:
Alejandro's power is debatable, on the one hand you could say he had nothing and just calmed Maya down... but he was immune to her black death ability - perhaps that has something to do with them being twins though.

Yeah. The power seems to be based off the old Latin folktale of La llorona. Since they are twins, I guess you can conclude that he had the same powers as Maya, but he never showed it because he wasn't much for crying. I mean, that would be the first case of two heroes sharing the same powers being immune to one anthers ability. When Hiro froze time to stop Adam, for example.

I hope they let Maya live so they can elaborate on her powers, and not so they can add her to the body bag count.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Maya will die, not quickly at any rate. Now that Sylar has his powers back his first stop is going to have to be Claire. If he can get that regeneration then he will be a whole lot more unstoppable. Add to that - the only protection Claire has at the moment is flying boy, and from what we've seen of him Sylar would be able to take them both at the same time easily. That would lead to the question of course as to whether the company will realise she's Sylar's target and put measures in place, and/or whether Clare could regenerate after Sylar has 'studied her brain'.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sylar got regenero-powers from Adam instead though.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the show did something every hit show ends up doing its sophomore season and thats trying not to change too much. They saw what made the show popular during its rookie season and tried to do the same but in a way that wouldn't alienate fans. Sometimes fans have to take some of the blame. If the show had changed too dramatically from the formula which worked in the first season then the writers would get blamed for trying to to change too much.

I think one mistake Kring and his writers made was bringing Sylar back too early. At the end of Season One we're told that there's someone much worse than Sylar. The Nightmare Man as Molly called him. When we finally meet this nightmare man his character was interesting and the story even got more of the mystery back by showing that the Nightmare Man wasn't even the most dangerous person out there. I have disagree with Sylar being a better villain than Adam.

Sure, Sylar comes off as very psychopathic and evil in the literal sense. But he's what in the comic book world we call the "muscle" evil who relied too much on his abilities to be the bad guy. Adam's powers allows him to heal like Claire, but I think living near on past four centuries has given him a God-complex. If you notice he rarely used his abilities much and instead manipulated those who were weak-willed to do his bidding or follow his way of thinking. I prefer those kind of villains who can out-think and break people's wills down with his intellect and knowledge instead of constantly using brute force.

I mean why else do people look to Lex Luthor and The Joker as the epitome of what makes a great supervillain. They have no powers beyond what they can do with their intellect, and in the case of The Joker, his unlimited capacity to just be sociopathically unpredictable. I don't think we've seen the last of Adam and with the actor playing Sylar off to film J.J. abrams' Star Trek movie I think Sylar will either be away for some time or see his end in Volume 3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: