Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Heroes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm kind of the opposite. I had high hopes for season 2, since I loved the first season. However, as the series progressed, I became more disappointed. It's mainly the old characters I'm starting to dislike. I'm okay with the new ones so far. To me, some of the characters are just no longer thinking logically. The story doesn't seem to grab me as much as season 1 did.

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, with the half season finale *If they decide to finish the season next year*, what's everyone's thoughts on what'll happen?

Personally I'd like to see Hiro win the fight and go on to have a face off against his old friend. I can see Niki dying from either the disease, or from something related to saving Monica. I'd also like to see Adam suceed with his plan to spread the virus, if only because it'd act as a proper cliffhanger for the end of the season.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am all for that, Ley. But from what was described the second season was suppose to be the whole year was to be split into Volume 2 and Volume 3. Volume 2's storyline is what we're seeing now with Volume 3 being a whole new story arc. I think that's why I thought they might have dropped the ball with the beginning of season 2 by trying to re-establish the characters again in a slow way instead of just going foot on the gas right from the start. They finally did that with the last 4-5 episodes but as good as they've been how much better would the Volume 2 story arc really been if they've just went full bore right from the get-go.

I like the changes being made to the characters. Allegiances switching here and there and people being manipulated. It feels like something you'd see in the X-Men titles. The one thing I don't like and haven't like since Season One has been Mohinder. He either has to be the most naively stupid character ever written or the writers decided that the show needed a non-superpowered main character and hashed him up. I say they writers need to make a decision on him soon. Either kill him off or have him finally pick a side. I can see him being a very good villain with no powers at all. He has the intellect and the knowledge of genetics. He could become a very good villain who could threaten the whole Heroes community. Every superhero series need that one bad guy who relies more on their intellect rather than superpowers.

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree about the logical thinking part. Mohinder is perhaps the stupidest genius in history. Claire is being an idiot, but she's 16. We can forgive her for that. Peter is bothering me greatly, though. OK, he goes to "treatment," but they keep him confined in a room and lock the door. After three weeks, he doesn't have a TV, books, pictures on the wall, or anything. And this crazy bitch keeps coming in and doing pseudo-sexual electro torture once a day. And she doesn't suspect he's being held prisoner at all? Hmmmm. Then next to him is Adam, who is supposedly so dangerous and frightening. Instead of encasing him in cement (he can't die anyway) and burying him at sea, let's lock him in a room with a big window and a huge vent in he wall so he can have lengthy conversations with the guy in the cell next to him. And while we're at it, let's not keep Adam in isolation. Let's put someone in the cell next to him so they can have lengthy conversations. That's a great idea! I would have kept Adam for away from anyone. OK, and then Hiro shows up and tries to stop Peter. Hiro has always been an upstanding and genuinely good person, and Peter knows this, so of course he makes the logical decision of not listening to anything Hiro has to say and places his complete trust in a guy he has seen him kill before. Granted, Peter has gotten close to Adam in the past few weeks and has no reason to suspect him of being evil (especially in light of him being an enemy of the Company), but Hiro showing up should be a big red flag. Adam untied Victoria Pratt and left the shotgun around knowing full well what she'd do. Convenient way to get her out of the equation. I saw that a mile off, yet Peter didn't. Why are the cute ones always so dumb?

In terms of the new characters, Monica is great. I can do without Maya and Alejandro (one down, one to go). West, heh, nothing special. I liked Zach better as a companion for Claire. Elle should die. Painfully and slowly. I feel about her the way I feel about her counterpart on Supernatural. Creepy mysterious blonde chick who shows up randomly to be annoying. You're supposed to feel sorry for her in a way, I guess, but she's just a pain in the ass. Once she killed the Irish guy, all bets are off. Caesar gives the thumbs down.

Now let's get to Maya. Sure, she's emotionally distraught, but if her twin brother (who she trusts implicitly and has gone through hell to protect her) takes that strong a dislike to someone (Sylar), the fact that she completely ignores his advice and continues to hang around Sylar makes me mad. Sorry Maya. You're stupid. If Sylar kills you, too bad. And Mexico must be the biggest country in the world considering how long its taken them to get across it.

Noah is still my favorite character. Hands down. Since day one. Besides being the only person this whole season who seems to have his head on straight, you have to empathize with his plight.

And back to Adam. I have this weird suspicion that he may be Nathan's father. I don't know why I think that. Maybe his power skipped a generation and showed up in Claire. There is also a pretty big age gap between Nathan and Peter. Nathan has to be in his mid 30s and Peter seems to me to be played in his mid 20s or so. We all know Angela Petrelli slept around, so maybe she shacked up with Adam before they locked him up? There's no evidence for this, but I just have a suspicion. Everyone always tells Peter how much like his father he is, but no one says it about Nathan.

Now, for tonight's episode, they said two heroes will die. Well, we know Claire, Peter and Hiro are safe. Nothing will ever happen to any of them. Ever. Micah and Molly are also safe. Children's can't die on a show like this. It is NBC after all. Granted, Heroes has turned up the gore factor in a few episodes, but to murder children in a prime time show that attracts a family following? Nah. I think Parkman and (shudder) Mohinder are safe for storyline purposes. Monica is too new to bump off like that (otherwise what's the point of introducing her at all?). My list of possibles are Nikki, West, Nathan, Adam, Elle and Maya (and I hope its the last two). Principals rarely die in shows like this. Who have they killed so far? Eden (interesting, but hardly a main character), DL (who I LOVED and was very angry when he died), Alejandro (for plot purposes, and thankfully so), Charlie (which pissed me off ... and Sylar never used her power!), Linderman (baddies are fair game), Isaac (a bit of a surprise, but all things considered, other than him becoming the "Oracle" character, there wasn't much for him to do), and Simone (no powers, no big loss). No A-listers in the bunch.

For the love of God, will somebody say what Angela Petrelli and Kaito Nakamura's powers are/were? Both have made several comments about having them (Angela says to Peter "You are the most powerful of all of US"), but no one uses them. In the 70's group, Parkman's Dad, Bob and Charles Deveaux are confirmed to have powers, and Victoria Pratt does not (hmmm, the scientist with no powers...MOHINDER!), but there are about six or seven other people in the photo (some of whom we don't know who they are), and we have no reason to beleve they have no powers. If they didn't why would they have gotten involved with this project in the first place? In the 70s people with powers were nearly unheard of. Why would a few people without any powers suddenly become invovled? What would their connection to the supers be? Heh. Maybe more would have been revealed if the season wasn't cut short.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think everyone who comprised the original group during the 60's and 70's all had power. From what we've seen of the standard operating procedure for Primatech they paired a superpowered individual with one who wasn't. Noah Bennett had Claude back in the days and in this season we had Mohinder paired up with Nikki at first then Elle later. So, I'm going to assume that Angela Petrelli probably didn't have any ability. Kaito Nakamura might have had powers but I think it's his family line which had them and not him in particular. Like most superhero stories sometimes powers will skip certain generations. This could be the case with Kaito and Hiro.

One theory which has gotten some steam since this season has been the one where Adam is the originator for all the families who seem to be exhibiting members with powers. According to his bio and the episodes where he's appeared Adam is at least 400-plus years old. He could easily have slept around and passed on the genetic markers which makes certain people "heroes". For all intents and purposes Adam is pretty much an immortal unless some sort of catastrophic injury keeps him from regenerating (his body being vaporized might do the job).

As to why people with no power would get involved in a group such as the one created by Adam, Linderman and Deveaux it's quite simple. Some will either do it for altruistic reasons while some would do it as a way to garner favors and power from those they think will be ruling all if their plans succeed. In the X-Men series there's always been characters major and minor with no powers at all who join in the cause. Dr. Moira McTaggert was one and had no powers whatsoever. She was a brilliant geneticist, but no powers for her. Though her family line did have one member manifest abilities in the villain Legion.

The new characters have been ok with me agreeing with you on the Wonder Twins. They seem to have been written to be part of something bigger but have seen their roles diminised somewhat. I think Tim Kring saw the mistake in these characters and with the WGA strike truncating the season he's probably seeing it as a way out to either kill them off or at least kill one of the two. But Elle I gotta love her. She's actually been fleshed out more in the small amount of time we've seen her than half the Heroes in the whole first season. I like the fact that she's a cute, femme fatale sociopath of a character who may or may not have feelings of responsibility after experiencing the events of the last three episodes. She looks like the character Nikki should've been. One whose allegiances we think we know right from the start but who is starting to become more ambiguous about which side she is one the more she learns.

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
One theory which has gotten some steam since this season has been the one where Adam is the originator for all the families who seem to be exhibiting members with powers. According to his bio and the episodes where he's appeared Adam is at least 400-plus years old. He could easily have slept around and passed on the genetic markers which makes certain people "heroes". For all intents and purposes Adam is pretty much an immortal unless some sort of catastrophic injury keeps him from regenerating (his body being vaporized might do the job).

This seesm implausible. Adam took place in the American Revolution and fought against a 'multiple man'. The known time frame would place this 'multiple man' as a grandson of Adam and I think there would have been more resemblance and knowledge of each other.

As for what two heores will die this episode, I am thinking it will be Nikki and someone else, but Nikki is a definite. Her story line and fan appeal are dwindling and she never quite fit into the main story anyway. I think the other may be Nathan Petrelli or Wes. They share the same power and either could die trying to help Claire or Peter. Nathan could try to get Peter to come to his senses and be killed or Wes could go overboard with ten angst and fuck up and die. Maya won't die, her storyline works with Sylar and killing her would have had her for nothing. Parkamn has been getting more powerful and it's doubtful they'll kill him off. Claire, Peter and Hiro are safe. Kids won't die. Elle is a possiblility, but I would place more money on Bob dying than her.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well we all know Elle needs to do something to make up for her mistakes in the past. Bob asked her to help regain his trust.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:

Being decapitated would kill both Claire and Adam.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wataru wrote:
I agree about the logical thinking part. Mohinder is perhaps the stupidest genius in history. Claire is being an idiot, but she's 16. We can forgive her for that. Peter is bothering me greatly, though. OK, he goes to "treatment," but they keep him confined in a room and lock the door. After three weeks, he doesn't have a TV, books, pictures on the wall, or anything. And this crazy bitch keeps coming in and doing pseudo-sexual electro torture once a day. And she doesn't suspect he's being held prisoner at all? Hmmmm. Then next to him is Adam, who is supposedly so dangerous and frightening. Instead of encasing him in cement (he can't die anyway) and burying him at sea, let's lock him in a room with a big window and a huge vent in he wall so he can have lengthy conversations with the guy in the cell next to him. And while we're at it, let's not keep Adam in isolation. Let's put someone in the cell next to him so they can have lengthy conversations. That's a great idea! I would have kept Adam for away from anyone. OK, and then Hiro shows up and tries to stop Peter. Hiro has always been an upstanding and genuinely good person, and Peter knows this, so of course he makes the logical decision of not listening to anything Hiro has to say and places his complete trust in a guy he has seen him kill before. Granted, Peter has gotten close to Adam in the past few weeks and has no reason to suspect him of being evil (especially in light of him being an enemy of the Company), but Hiro showing up should be a big red flag. Adam untied Victoria Pratt and left the shotgun around knowing full well what she'd do. Convenient way to get her out of the equation. I saw that a mile off, yet Peter didn't. Why are the cute ones always so dumb?

Exactly. I couldn't help but dislike Peter more and more after he got his memories back. My sister was cheering for Hiro to kill him lol. I know it's dramatic to have the former heroes fight, but this is Hiro and Peter for crying out loud. If it was Nikki vs. Peter, or Matt vs. Peter I could understand. However, Hiro was the one who helped Peter save the world with his warning from the future. So it boggles me why Peter didn't try to explain himself, or he didn't bother listening to Hiro.

Quote:
In terms of the new characters, Monica is great. I can do without Maya and Alejandro (one down, one to go). West, heh, nothing special. I liked Zach better as a companion for Claire.

I actually liked Alejandro and Maya at first, because I thought they'd be more important later on, and Maya was the one responsible for the disease. I liked Alejandro for being a healer, and very protective of his sister. I would love to have a brother like him.
Monica I love. She's so sweet, and I like how she responsible she seems to act for her age.

Quote:
Now let's get to Maya. Sure, she's emotionally distraught, but if her twin brother (who she trusts implicitly and has gone through hell to protect her) takes that strong a dislike to someone (Sylar), the fact that she completely ignores his advice and continues to hang around Sylar makes me mad. Sorry Maya. You're stupid. If Sylar kills you, too bad.

Well she finds out what Sylar does in the next episode, but yeah I feel the same way. I was really disappointed she placed Gabriel above her brother, whom she only knew for a few days? Isn't this what she accused Alejandro doing with his bride?

Quote:
And back to Adam. I have this weird suspicion that he may be Nathan's father. I don't know why I think that.

I kind of doubt it. It is possible Adam and Angela did get together at some time, but I think Adam and Claire's powers being similar is just a coincidence. Nothing more. Remember, some people have similar powers to other people who are not related to them. Matt can place suggestions into people's head now, which only Eden could do in the beginning. West can also fly like Nate.

Quote:
Now, for tonight's episode, they said two heroes will die.

I think it'll be Maya, since Sylar obviously wants her powers. Bob I think maybe a possibility, if Noah gets out. I can see him dying trying to protect Elle from danger, symbolizing his love for her, or vice versa.

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Spoiler*

I was right! It ended up being Nikki and Nathan Petrelli!
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good guess :D
I'm sad it was those two though.
Spoilers:
I had a feeling after Mohinder realized he couldn't cure Nikki duet o Sylar taking the blood, that Nikki is more of a possibility now. Too bad, I liked Nikki. And Nate was one of my favorite characters. He was always the one who helped the heroes with their problems. I actually forgot about Nate being a possibility, and only thought of him after he mentioned he was going to reveal things. I think Noah was probably the one who shot him. Just because he went back to the company. So I think he probably got the assignment right away, and then shot Nate.
I couldn't believe Hiro left Adam alive though. The punishment was justified, but it just seemed like he should of just killed him. Now there's a chance for him to come back.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good call on your picks, Timbo. Though once they made the decision they did in the vault I knew something like that would happen. Now the question will be is who pulled the trigger. I'm guessing the one who pulled the trigger is one Noah Bennet as part of the deal he had to make to keep his family safe. Highlight for spoiler.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um I don't know how much to censor so I'll just... yeah. <_<;

I heard that the person who pulled the trigger was a guy called Drucker? He was the founder of some secret organization? Someone mentioned seeing him in a comic.

And darn. D: I totally wish Peter and Sylar died. :| Peter was just being retarded the whole season and I AM TIRED OF SYLAR. Now that he's "back", I bet characters like Matt, Angela, Elle, Bob and Noah will croak. Niki was one of my favourite characters! D: I'm happy Monica is still around though. I was shocked when Maya got shot but she totally had it coming. "JOO KILLED MY BRUZAH!" D: But I'm glad she got cured. I like her.

I was glad the virus didn't get spread! That would've totally pissed me off. And I'm happy Adam is buried, he'd be a better volume 3 villain, but then again if he were to be the main villain, that means the virus would've spread. :\

I hope volume 3 survives the writer's guild strike.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/novels_interactive.shtml

For all your Drucker needs.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Peter has too much power, he makes the other characters useless in the plot. Sylar lives through too much but is a good villain because he is stronger than the rest of them. On the other hand, Adam was too weak of a villain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: