Suikoden United and Infamous Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Heroes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Heroes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The show aired last night on CBS and I am wondering what the people thought about it. Personally I thought it was a little too predictable and was hoping that they would focus more on certin characters like the guy in japan and the blonde and her son. The acting was surprisingly good, and I am glad there might be something worth watching on Monday nights.
Swish

3rd H.C. Regiment "Plague"

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The premiere just seemed... not premiere worthy.

Eh... it's just starting out, but i agree with the sentiment. The acting was pretty good, but the focus on a broad array of characters will be the downfall, if it's determined that the show should be cancelled. I would also like to see the Blonde (the with the "reflection" problems) some more... mostly because i'm intrigued by her power... As for the Japanese guy.... no so much.

I'll watch it next week, and likely the week after... but if it doesn't show anything note-worthy after 3 episodes, i may not see a reason to continue to watch it....

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was pretty bad, I think. The Japanese guy's power makes no sense at all.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NOo. I can't believe I missed it.

Could you explain all of the main characters and their powers? I'm soo curious as to what they gave them. And the commerical really doesn't explain all that much.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya wrote:
NOo. I can't believe I missed it.

Could you explain all of the main characters and their powers? I'm soo curious as to what they gave them. And the commerical really doesn't explain all that much.

Here Mas, you can find all that information here.

I found myself enjoying the show. It seems like it has much potential. Although, I will admit the ending was pretty corny.

Spoilers in Black How funny was it when the girl jumped off the high beam thing? And whats the deal with the girl who sees herself talk in the mirror? Because last i check that wasn't a power.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't make a complete decision on this show just for the fact that it just shrieks of introductory episode. Probably after they're done introducing the pivotal characters in the next few episodes and really get done to the main storyline then I can make a final decision. But despite that the first episode has shown me that this show has potential if they make the right decisions.

With Lost's style of serialized storyline being the current success to be copied by the other networks, it also bring with it an inherent flaw that every serialized TV shows have had in the past. These type of shows bring so much mythology and mysterious clues for the audience to buy into and try to solve that when the solution is finally shown the pay off is usually not to the same level as the anticipation.

Heroes looks like Unbreakable crossed with St. Elsewhere. Anyone who grew up watching the latter knows what Im talking about.The payoff in that show people either liked or hated to the point it ruined the memory of the show for them. I have a feeling that this show will have its main storyline resolved during the first season and not continue on to a season two. This I say just for the fact that the show's premise is iffy enough to succeed and NBC probably hedging its bet that if it catches on then they can order a second season with a brand new problem for these heroes to solve. If it fails and doesnt get picked up for a second season, at least they'll resolved the story of this season.

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I found myself enjoying the show. It seems like it has much potential. Although, I will admit the ending was pretty corny.

I think you are overlooking something. Spoiler:
I think she's a Hulk type person, where her powers manifest during anger or threatened, etc. But I do like how people are using their powers subconciously. I also think that the cheerleader's brother is a super also, and the blonde's son. And cheerleader's dad adopted her just for the fact he knows she's a super.
Well that's my take on where the show will go. For those of you that missed it. Sci Fi channel will air the re-runs on either Thursday or Friday.
Swish

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923 wrote:
I think you are overlooking something.

I disagree with your assesment... Under both parts, but i want to address the blonde girl with the son (does anyone know what her name is, cause i didn't catch it.).... Spoiler:
With the cheerleader, there's no real evidence that her brother is super as well, because she's adopted (this much we gathered from her conversation with her mother -- "I think it's time i found out who my real parents are"). She was adopted by the family, there's no reason to assume that the boy is from her family, from the adopted parents family, or a different adopted kid all together. He might be... but i'm not putting too much stock in it.

As for the blonde girl, the reflection is the key. If you noticed in the cracked mirror after she woke up (after the mob guy hit her)... The girl in the mirror was covered in blood (or at least her arms seemed to be), while she herself was not. I agree that it's likely a subconcious thing, but there's a bigger picture to it that involves her reflection in some way. Her power, i think, will be the one last to be explored, mostly due to the fact that there's a number of aspects that could explain it.... But considering they made sure to have us see her reflection doing things it "shouldn't" be doing (Twice. Three times if you include the glimpses at the mirror just before she blacked out with the mob guys), the key behind the power has to be with that....

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the blonde is a Jekyll and Hyde-type. Another physical being that manifests in times of stress is possible, but we need to see the tape she made to find out for sure.

As for the brother, the possibility of him being a super is there, but whether or not he is could go either way. If the guy adopted one random kid because she had powers, why would it be so far fethced to think he did it a second time? Maybe the brother's powers just didn't manifest yet. Then again, maybe he is their natural kid. We don't know yet.

As for the Japanese guy, his powers are kinda cool. Manipulation of both time and space. He's also still new to the whole powers thing. Maybe things will seem more consitent when his powers develop more.

I am very interested in seeing the comic book connection as a story arc. I think the pilot should have been a two-hour movie instead of a one-episode thing. You have to introduce your key players at first, but you need to have them do something as well. Doing both in the same night would have been better.

I think the show has promise, though. As an X-Men freak, I see the obvious (possibly plagiaristic) parallels, and I like what I see so far.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see potential in the two brothers who find out in the end what their powers are. This could easily become this TV show's version of the Scott and Alex Summers conflict in the comic. Will they both use their powers to stop what the final painting showed, or will they both go in opposite directions with one using his power for good and the other for evil.

From now on I shall be calling the cheerleader character Wolverine, but better looking and with boobs. I'm wondering if the villain in the show will be some powerful individual that could be this group's Magneto or Doctor Doom, or will the writers go a different route and create a shadow organization who knows about their abilities similar to the I.O.'s Gen13 program.

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw the first and episodes now. I find it actually quite good. It seems that New York is going to become dust fairly soon, and only the Painter who can predict the future(by ODing on drugs), and a little japanese man that can bend space and time. He first thought he could teleport, however he soon learend he could teleport anywhere, anytime..when..as well as stop time. This little man is by far the strongest...er...but who knows. Her step dad seems to be the main evil guy, however I have no idea what he does. I think he steals peoples brains..

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The second episode was levels better than the first and I think this is a good sign. The abilities of the main characters introduced are slowly manifesting with Hiro looking like the one with the most powerful ability. I know people at first thought his power was abit stupid and all over the place, but it looks like his ability is based on manipulation of space and time. The final sequence where he realized that he had not just teleported from Japan to New York, but weeks ahead was pretty sweet.

Clara (Claire?), the one I call the female Wolverine, seems to be much closer to the danger (or one of them at least) that will be in her future and probably the rest of the Heroes. I don't think the stepdad's the only villain in this series. That older brother of Peter (I shall call him Angel of this show) seems to be trying to hard to hide the fact that both he and his younger brother have the ability to fly. Then the final shot on the look on his face when his younger brother was so happy that he did fly and wasn't crazy spoke volumes. The story-arc between the two brothers seem to be of the Cain and Abel variety. It doesn't help that the older brother is also a politician. :)

The introduction of the police officer who has the power of telepathy was nicely done. It didn't just introduce him, but it also brought in another dangerous x-factor to the show in the form of the killer Sylar. Sylar may or may not be in possession of superpowered abilities but scenes shown throughout this episode seem to suggest that he does.

I heard that there's one or a few more people still to be introduced as having special powers and abilities. I hope they keep it to a minimum and then just work on continuing the main storyline. If the show is successful all year then they can add more Heroes for season two.

One nice trivia I read about the series. The paintings done by the artists with the heroin-induced precognition were done by comic book artist Tim Sale. I knew I recognized the style the paintings were done in.

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

That older brother of Peter (I shall call him Angel of this show) seems to be trying to hard to hide the fact that both he and his younger brother have the ability to fly. Then the final shot on the look on his face when his younger brother was so happy that he did fly and wasn't crazy spoke volumes. The story-arc between the two brothers seem to be of the Cain and Abel variety. It doesn't help that the older brother is also a politician.

See I don't think the younger brother can fly. Just for 1 comment. When I awoke this morning my bed was levetating. It seems more like a form of telekensis.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That or his ability could be more towards something like Rogue's in that he can absorb some of the abilities of other people. But think that the two brothers share similar flight abilities. Now whether that's the extent of their powers is another question. Both may manifest different secondary powers.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm more intruigued about what was on the video more than anything else... That and the fact that the around the time it turned to static (which in itself is wierd), Niki blacked out again (for 4 hours?!?).

It may be a Jekyll/Hyde thing, but the point that most leaps out is (and they showed it again in this last episode), the mirror Niki when she woke up in the garage. Niki is perfectly clean, with no blood on her or her clothes. But the Niki in the mirror has blood on her hands, face, and splotches on her clothing. Whatever it may be that she can do, it is most has something to do with her reflection... and, lucky for her, her reflection is protecting her....

And... Did anyone else get the feeling that the body she found in the desert is her ex-boyfriend who have the cops looking for him?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: