Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Headquarters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It depends on how the next place is like. I must say that the idea of a Japanese feudal castle looks really interesting to me, but it has to match the place or else it's going to look silly.

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally wish that we could choose how our headquarters look like in the next game , I would like to have a more indepth position within the building of my castle or at least be able to make suggestions on how I want it to look I think that would put the game at a whole new level of customization.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps make the castle a basic model and then let us customize as we like? That sounds good.
For added fun, make it so that customizations can affect events.

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like maybe you made a 50 foot wall and a moat, then that would affect how the enemy could attack the would have to find a different way to attack or the need archers or something like that.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would certainly like a fully customizable headquarters. I would like the option of creating underwater channels, the ability to customize the area around the headquarters, the ability to create various routes and paths to and from the headquarters, and the ability to erect various forms of natural fortification. I would also like the ability to do more with NPC soldiers throughout the headquarters, as well. I think there is so much more that can be done and I hope Suikoden will expand to meet more complex options instead of the simple visual upgrades.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Beck

Mongolian Chop Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that is good idea especially they're many new gen consoles for the next Suikoden to come out if it's not on Ps2. And perhaps this time, it's not just castle, I hope they would add a little town outside, so the new headquarters will look so lively.

IN AMERICA!
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gotta agree with you guys. Having a fully customizable Headquarters should be the next step. And not just that, I think we should have NPC soldiers/villagers/whatever walking around the castle kinda like how they did in Final Fantasy XII. It really did add a lot of that bustling city feel to the game, and Suikoden could do with something along those lines. And since we know it's possible for a game in the PS2, you just know it can be done on any of the next generation consoles.

Also, the customizing of the castle could also serve a gameplay purpose, as it could affect war battles taking place in or near it, making it easier to defend from naval battles, or easier to hold off a siege or something along those lines.
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And maybe as you get more forces you can distribute your forces throughout your town and castle to change how you would protect and fortify your castle and just being able to customize the headquarters would really be enough for me.

But to be able to change how its guarded and affecting how the castle works would be even more awesome.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The customizable part of the castle defense would be quite cool. Just like the different battle formations they implemented for the party battles in SV I think doing the same for the castle would make some of the wargames in and around the Castle HQ much more interactive.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would also really like a fully customizable castle...or at least...the closest you could get to being fully customizable.

And the fact that recruiting people or perhaps maybe even choice you do in certain situations/dialogues would effect the general publics perception of you and the amount of people moving into your HQ would wane or flux depending...
also having the ability to remodel different parts throughout the HQ would be cool too. I like how you could hang paintings (S4) and display vases (S3) and even remodel room (S4) but if ALL those 3 elements were implemented and you could do it throughout the HQ....I'd be one happy duck.

Ohh! Not to mention planting like...trees or something wherever you wanted in the courtyard would be cool too....or maybe they could have a pet zoo and you could capture animals? It's be so sweeeeet

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Buzzed_Jedi

6906 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe if your main character is a dwarf, then you could have an underground base
But i do like the Cliff idea
How about a Mobile base(like the Magic Academy in Lunar)
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would like for it to be a compound made up off many different buildings kinda like suikoden two but why bigger. i'd like to have court yards with fountains and statues with lots of poeple. i mean i have an army and i only see three soldiers in uniform around my headquarters. i mean make it a place that has a little life. when you get more soldiers make it noticable. i think by just putting more no essential npcs you will get more out of the headquarters thing,when i go into a training hall i want it to be big an filled with weapons and soldiers. when i go into a library i want it filled with soldiers and scholars surrounded by walls of books. i want a war room that makes it feel like you really are going over tactics and stratagies for the next battle. i want to see people moving around the compound not just standing in one spot, unless you need to find them then they will be where the game puts them.i want soldiers to run laps around the compound in formation i want i giant field where i can train the whole army in training battles against each other, that i can control. come on we have ps3 and xbox360 we can do it.

i want the tablet of stars to me huge and ominous not this little piece of rock. and if your gonna have animals put more than two in there give them life let them run around. its the next generation we can do it. i want the leaders bed chamber to look like an army leaders bed chamber, with swag and tokens of battles that you have faught in the game. if you have a dungeon in the game have more than one or two prisoners of war. that jail should be huge. if you have a harbor you most likely have more than one boat so let all the boats be present within reason of course, let there be fishermen and shop on the harbor because your compound is open to all who wish to come in you compound is a refuge and escape from the war and if its attacked such a bustling lively place should be worth protecting.

that is just my dream for the next headquarters and of course we should try to have as little loading time as possible. lets push the next gen systems to there limits.

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: HQ...next gen justifies? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, kinda shocked n amazed myself at how we truly love Suikoden! To me, if next gen consoles mean I could have my HQ ( be it floating, air-defying, water-based, underwater-based, underground, or whatever) swarming with gears that help my Tenkai get in touch with every SoD around easily then I be happy. Imagine Babbage invented teledoor by combining gear and blinking rune n this teledoor could be placed anywhere (including dungeon but not necessarily in a town); so traveling would be much easier. Imagine the dwarves finally managed to build a golem-like exacavator. Beavers combining water rune n flowing rune plus sky rune to make an air-filled tube for underwater activities.Earth n fire rune made into shells, n sooo many n much more! All of which I hope improve gameplay, story and simplicity of Suikoden.
Merlock3497

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think more like an airship idea where you can fly around to many areas to rectruit
SixWingedSin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Song's idea a bit... but instead of the peons running amok in the castle, there really SHOULD be a place that holds your soldiers. Perhaps an actual town that crops up around your castle. (we all know that Tenkai star shouldn't have to be put in the situation of being able to run into yon stable boy covered in horse crap :P) .

On the flip side, I'm not too fond with boed's idea of having the runes fused with materials to allow for teleporting doors and such. What would be the point of having a castle if you had those (and why wouldn't there be some in towns, wouldn't that be easier to do than installing them in dungeons)? I did, however, like the idea of the previous works finally coming to light, like the Golem Excavators.

Perhaps an idea might be a castle built over a lake that is right next to a mountain... with bridges that go to different platforms that other races could build to their liking. (wanders off in thought of what the perfect Suikoden castle could be)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: