Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Headquarters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could care less about how the next headquarters would look like, unless it is another ship. Man, I really hated that ship/headquarters from Suikoden IV. It's just that I'm biased, is all.

Anyways, I kinda like Uji's idea of a Feudal Japanese castle as a headquarters. It would work perfectly if the next nation we're exploring next would be Katana. If not, then I'd rather see a castle or a mansion as headquarters. Of course, there should be some kind of body of water around.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
I could care less about how the next headquarters would look like, unless it is another ship. Man, I really hated that ship/headquarters from Suikoden IV. It's just that I'm biased, is all.

I think it's just how they executed the making of the ship. Things were too crowded, and there wasn't much to explore. Hell, the most to explore was the mysterious room where two weird scientist guys were making mushrooms and plants. If they had ade it a bit bigger, it would have been a little better, I think. Though, the ship suits the theme of the Island Nations.

Ryusei wrote:
Anyways, I kinda like Uji's idea of a Feudal Japanese castle as a headquarters. It would work perfectly if the next nation we're exploring next would be Katana. If not, then I'd rather see a castle or a mansion as headquarters. Of course, there should be some kind of body of water around.

Most likely, we'd see a Feudal Japan setting within Katana. It would suit it, and I'm sure it would be quite cool.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An RPG set in Feudal Japan? I don't think I would go for it.

I really want to see a native tribe that had cliff dwelling villages like those from the western americas. The name of the specific Native American tribe but maybe you guy's know what I'm talking about. It would be cool, unique and tactically intriguing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest, Vector Xthonic gave me the idea with the description of Maighara in the war game. Just a Japanese castle in the middle of some plains with the like around it. I'd quite like that...
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mirage wrote:
Though, the ship suits the theme of the Island Nations.

Yeah, the ship suits the theme of the Island Nations indeed. I just thought that Konami could have done better than that. I don't know, but the ship just doesn't suit my taste. For me, it was too bland. I was really disappointed on how it was done, considering that I was expecting more from Konami.

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
To be honest, Vector Xthonic gave me the idea with the description of Maighara in the war game. Just a Japanese castle in the middle of some plains with the like around it. I'd quite like that...

That sounds quite an idea, but I'd rather prefer to have a Japanese castle situated in the middle of a city or a town rather than in the middle of nowhere. It just fits better, I think. But that's just me, I guess.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with your idea Ryusei. Because while it's sort of fun to just go down a floor or two and enter shop central. I think that I'd like a castle to be in a town and then perhaps as you gain more stars or defeat more area-bosses (like the ones in S3 and 4) that offer you better stuff. Or instead it could be somewhat like FFXII and have you sell items that you get for defeating enemies to make more items appear on the market. But I'm digress, a Feudal Japanese castle in a mid-sized town is my vote.

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think part of the reason why Suikoden IV's ship headquarter didn't appeal too much is the lack of the scenery. Seriously, in that ship, all we can see is wood and wood and wood and MORE wood. The open-air area is so limited and even then, you can only see the water and water and water and MORE water. It fails to impress compared to the other headquarters in which we can see room decorations and also the design of the whole area.

As far as the Japanese castle, well it doesn't matter whether it's Japanese or not to me. It depends on the setting of the whole game anyways. If it's not spefically Japanese-like, I'd hate a Japanese castle because it'd look very out of place. But on the other hand, if the setting of the game is indeed Japanese-like, then a Japanese castle is quite an obvious good choice.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would be neat if you had to buy your Headquarters. You had to save up and earn enough money to buy properties and buy surrounding properties in order to house you populace until you've bought the whole town. I think that'd be something new and unique for the games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd only agree with the whole money thing if they stop using Suikoden V's "every character joining has level 1 weapon" ... that weapon level thing already prevented me from trying out many characters, if they add even higher cost for the HQ, I'd go nuts. --;

However, I wouldn't mind if the bought properties are merely "additions" rather than necessity. I don't want to spend 100,000 potch to buy an Item Shop in which I will spend even MORE money to buy the items. Maybe buying more decorative things like fountains or something would be a more reasonable option.

I actually now kind of hoping that there will be "civillians" in the headquarter, and depending on the number of civillians there are, there will be income for us just from them. The more they are, the more money we make off them or something. That'd be nice additional thing, and of course, to get more civillians, you'd need to make your HQ more appealing (that's why we should buy the additions and stuff).

But then again, maybe it'd end up too complicated lol.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:
But then again, maybe it'd end up too complicated lol.

Yeah, you made the headquarters look like a shopping mall or something. :P

But I don't mean to say that I don't like the idea at all though. I would also like to have a lot of "civilians" in the headquarters, but instead of having these civilians turning the headquarters into some sort of park or a circus and give you profit for their presence, I think it'd be better off that they'd get recruited in the army itself. I mean, something like "recruiting" them for the army. You get yourself a barracks, and you attract warriors to come into your headquarters to join you in your army or something. They could also try to incorporate this in the war system. But of course, there should be lots of war battles in the next Suikoden game for this idea to be effective.

But then, I think I made it far more complicated. It seems that I've turned Suikoden into Warcraft. :P
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well not to be like a shopping mall obviously. But I guess the point that I'm trying to do with my idea is to keep it optional and not affecting the gameplay too much at all other than a spare extra income for players to obtain. On the other hand, ideas like recruiting soldiers for major battle like yours would affect the gameplay and if such thing is implemented, then it's going to be not so optional anymore. It would still technically be optional, but people would be sort of 'forced' doing it to make their army better. Whereas earning a bit of extra money won't put as much pressure because there are other means to make money in the game that can be more rewarding with even less efford.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
But I don't mean to say that I don't like the idea at all though. I would also like to have a lot of "civilians" in the headquarters, but instead of having these civilians turning the headquarters into some sort of park or a circus and give you profit for their presence, I think it'd be better off that they'd get recruited in the army itself. I mean, something like "recruiting" them for the army. You get yourself a barracks, and you attract warriors to come into your headquarters to join you in your army or something. They could also try to incorporate this in the war system. But of course, there should be lots of war battles in the next Suikoden game for this idea to be effective.

I like this idea. NPCs should be roaming around castles and cities...I mean, why work so hard to get people to like you if they don't join you? Though, I wouldn't want some sort of draft in Suikoden...but it should be implemented that the more people come to the HQ, the more numbers you get in your armies. I wish you could recruit random NPCs as well. The only thing that's come close is when you get the people on Obel to flee in Suikoden IV..

Ryusei wrote:
But then, I think I made it far more complicated. It seems that I've turned Suikoden into Warcraft. :P

God forbid that happen.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I can see your point with that kind of idea, Aurelien. However, I wasn't aiming for the same goal as yours. I was thinking of putting that idea as a part of the entire gameplay department of Suikoden, and making it not an optional feature. But yeah, I think it's too much to ask for, and it makes Suikoden somewhat complicated.

Anyways, this talk about income coming from your headquarters gave me an idea. With all these shops located in your headquarters, wouldn't it make sense if you get income from these shops as well? I mean, surely there are others who visit the headquarters aside from you, and surely people would buy from these shops every now and then, wouldn't they? Money could be used for "war efforts", and these shops could surely help out by giving some sort of "tax" to you, the leader of the army.

But now that I think on it, I think I've made the headquarters a shopping mall myself...
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that could work better if we had two kinds of patrimony, the army's money, for improving the castle, and your own money to buy items, etc.

Of course, you should be able to donate your own money to the army, but not the other way around (It's corruption!).
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 6's headquators should be in a cave, semi underground with a natural hot spring as the bath. or an elabrotate tree fort.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: