Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lyon *MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Lyon *MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THIS TOPIC CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR SUIKODEN V. IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME YET OR YOU DON'T WANT THE GAME'S EVENTS TO BE SPOILED, DON'T READ. READ THE POST AT YOUR OWN RISK.

After beating the Final Boss of Suikoden V without the 108 stars, Lyon dies.

I don't quite understand the reason why she dies. I haven't seen reasons in the game that might have caused her death. She was supposed to be completely healed by the dawn rune after getting stabbed by Dolph so that shouldn't be the cause of her death.

What is the reason of her death? Does anybody know?
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Twillight Rune takes power of the bearer for power, while the Dawn Rune gives power to the bearer. It kind of explains the names of the runes.

Well, that's how I always thought of it.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that's pretty much how it is. look at sialeeds. the power of the twilight rune took her life. alenia didn't get her life taken from her by the rune cause she didn't bear it for that long. plus she didn't have full power of it like sialeeds and lyon had.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've changed the name of the title because it sort of gave away the spoiler on its own. "Lyon's Fate" has that sort of melodramatic feel to it that, when paired up with "MAJOR SPOILERS", doesn't take a lot to figure out.
Cyrus the virus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lyon was never completely healed to begin with. She was restored to a stable state and then pushed herself to battle.
tenton

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cyrus the virus wrote:
Lyon was never completely healed to begin with. She was restored to a stable state and then pushed herself to battle.

And on that theme, (as seen in previous Suikodens); you need all 108 recruits to bring back one of them from the dead.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tenton wrote:
And on that theme, (as seen in previous Suikodens); you need all 108 recruits to bring back one of them from the dead.

Yeah, I know about that. What I'm asking is what is the reason for her death, not how to bring her back to life.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the main reason are dolph stabbing her in the back with what i think was some poison on the blade and also the twilight rune.

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually Cyrus has it right. It's stated a couple of times that Lyon is not quite ready and if you think about it she had just fought some huge monster, then she went one on one with Dolph, and then a battle with the sun rune while she's wounded from Dolph again, that would take her out even if she wasn't wounded to begin with.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zelphiel

Apophis Berserkers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Was she poisoned by Dolph the fist time she was wounded by him or was the sparkly stuff comming out of her just censored blood. I assumed that it was supposed to be a hint that she was poisoned since that would be right up Nether Gate's alley anyway. It never really said anything like that in the dialogue though... so it probly wasn't.

Anyway... regardless of if she was poisoned or not. Even if she was 'completely' healed she didn't have the time to truly recover her strength. After a battle with one of the most powerful runes in the world while just recently recovering from a lethal injury a more minor wound that would normally not be life threatening killed her. Stress is a major factor in how well or how bad your body takes and recovers from injury.

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lyon went back in action when she wasn't completey healed yet. Somehow maybe her wound worsened while she was fighting and she died of injury.

And maybe using the Twilight Rune just worsened her health, I mean using part of a True Rune takes a lot from the person right?

:?

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

redxa3 wrote:

And maybe using the Twilight Rune just worsened her health, I mean using part of a True Rune takes a lot from the person right?

that would be true, but the twilight and dawn rune arn't true runes. with the twilight runes case if you use it to much it'll drain you of your life, just like what the black sword rune did on jowy in suikoden 2.

redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
redxa3 wrote:

that would be true, but the twilight and dawn rune arn't true runes. with the twilight runes case if you use it to much it'll drain you of your life, just like what the black sword rune did on jowy in suikoden 2.
yup they aren't true runes but I read it in one of the books in the sinadar castle that both dawn and twilight rune are part of a true rune. Technically they are a creation of the separation of both night rune and sun rune, so still they could be considered as "part" of a true rune.

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They are not parts of true runes, they are highly powerful unique runes, created by the rune of the Night.

As for Lyon, i think it is safe to say she took on too much too soon, and the doctor does say that you shouldn't rely on runes too much when it come to healing, so yes the Dawn rune saved her life, but it didn't fully heal her.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually I don't think it was the Night Rune that created the Twilight Rune and Dawn Rune, or at least not alone. I can't remember the exact phrasing, but I think it said that when the night rune got fed up being in the shadow of the Sun Rune, it broke it's union. And during that break to shards fell away and became the Twilight and Dawn rune. So they were created by both the Sun and Night Rune, which makes more sense, since Dawn and Twilight are the two gateways between Day and Night.

However the Star Rune is made solely by the Night Rune, but seems to be on equal power with the Dawn and the Twilight rune.

Ok question. Which I already know the answer to, since I just finished looking it up, so I don't look stupid this time, where does it say the Twilight rune drains the life of the user? So far the only rune that does that, is the Rune of Punishment. Sialeeds didn't die from using the rune, she died from getting a beat down from her nephew and his friends, and then in that weakened condition, had to fend off the overwhelming power of the Sun Rune.

It's the same with Lyon. Even after the Twilight Ruin section, and healing Lyon fully, she doesn't just jump and and start doing the jig on her bed, she can barely talk, let alone move. And then forces herself to go into battle. Really the only thing that saves her life on the endings that she lives, is the combined power of the Sun, Twilight and Dawn rune plus the power of all 108 stars coming together.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: