Suikoden United and Irrational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Alternate Unites (Very Minor Spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Col Ahiru

Demon Duckizzards of Doom

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Alternate Unites (Very Minor Spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone how many alternate versions of Unite attacks there are? I just saw my second - In the Berserker Attack, Gau tosses Dario high into the air instead of the enemy, causing no damage (It's actually pretty funny). The only other one I've seen is the True Ninja one, where the frog statue turns about the be Akaghi's little toy one. Does anyone know of any others?
Lynn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*laughs* I've never gotten them before, but I really want to see the 'failed' unites! Another one I've heard of is between Flare and Lino-- Flare evidently misses and torches her father's butt instead of the enemy.

...Hmm, if all unites can fail, maybe Sigurd will accidentally hit Hervey in their unite too... :mrgreen:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Col Ahiru

Demon Duckizzards of Doom

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the Dario and Gau one is definitely a *failed* one, as it doesn't do a whit of damage. The True Ninja one does do damage, but it's a tiny amount.
ecuafan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

are u nuts dherdder? Perhaps you didn't have Dario and Gau's weapons sharp and on low levels. It is supposed to be one of the strongest , if not THE strongest 2-people unite attacks that hit multiple targets. I know Dario looks like an idiot but give him credit where it's due :lol:
Lynn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, dherder is not nuts, because unites CAN fail in this game.

And by that, it doesn't mean the unites hit the targets and do zero damage. In Gau and Dario's unite, Dario was flung right out of the screen and into the wild blue yonder.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I must be extremely lucky I don't think I've ever had a unite fail. And I made sure to see all of the unites atleast once.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It doesn't happen too frequently anyway. I've had Lino and Flare in my party as soon as both could join, and I haven't seen that many of their alternate unite attacks.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ive only seen the True Ninja combo fail...twice...in a row...then i got killed in the training hall becuz of them failing.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen the Lino and Flare one fail, it's hilarious. Lino goes up to do his attack (You can tell it's gonna fail when he only does, like, 60's instead of 150's) then Flare shoots Lino in the butt and he jumps up and glares at her. I've never seen the Pirate Attack fail, though, and I've done it, like, 40 times. Maybe only some of them fail.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen the True Ninja attack fail. I was against the Moving Island boss, and I tried to see if that attack would work, one toy froggie later, I gave up and stuck to Kate's magic and the regular Ninja attack.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

.... I only ever ended up using one unite attack. -_- It was dissapointing, out of all the characters I used in the game the only unite I ever got was the unite between Hero and Snowe. Sad... I know.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I didn't really experiment enough with characters to find the unites (and I didn't look online for the list). I only found a few of them, but the ones I used never failed me. Those cases above sound interesting, so I'll give them a whirl next time, heh.

Since we're talking about unites, does anyone know for a fact how high you can "level" up one? and how many uses/battles it takes?

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does Lino take damage if he's hit in the buttocks :D ?
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On the subject of unite level-ups, does anyone know what purpose they serve? I haven't really been able to find any difference to the unites following a level-up, as their effect doesn't increase nor does it produce a stronger unite. Perhaps, the higher the level, the less likely it backfires?

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually there's a good question... what's the maximum level of a unite [to answer the other half of your question, Nutflush, it takes ten battles with both people fighting, which is also how long you need to fight together to learn the unite to begin with], and what is the precise benefit in levelling? I heard the description text doesn't change, but does the actual effect change? Does it do more damage in any notable fashion...? And has anyone been actually bored enough to do the calculations to determine at what rate it increases with each level up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: