Suikoden United and Inspirational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is anyone else scared that there may not be a suiko VI based on the Co
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deirdre

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Is anyone else scared that there may not be a suiko VI based Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been wondering lately, suiko is of course our favourite RPG series here, but i'm really worried about all the heat sony has been getting over the repeated "Bad Omens." I'm not trying to turn this into a PS3 v. 360 v. Wii conversation, because its not, its just that after the PS3 announced its price at $600 for the only "applicable" package (Which we all know is worth it hardware wise but dont have the money), and then proceeded to delay europe, and then we hear of the official Wii release date and final price things arent looking too bright for Sony......which is of now the Suikoden exclusive console (excluding the JP only realeses of suiko on saturn and GBA of course)

So what worries me is that Konami may not think the series brings in enough $$$$ to transfer it to another console (which would more than likely be the wii > 360 due to audience)

opinions? lets discuss!
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also thought this.. You hear a lot of bad omens for the ps3..

Many developers have yet decided to give up or freeze there plans for future ps3 games.. Like EA with Call Of Duty 3 as an example..

It will also take a lot of time to learn what is possible with the ps3..
I mean compare the first psx titles to the last released..or the first ps2 titles to the last released... There were big improvements..And there were many developers that stated that the ps3 has a very difficult development environment..

Konami will definately try to bring Suiko on a nextgen console..but in my opinion it will take 1-2 years until that happens..
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah. There is no reason for worry, the PS3 isn't going to fail that bad. It's just that it's new technology, so it will be a bit expensive for the first year or so. But anyone who actually does buy the games will buy it if when it comes out for PS3. Halo's half the game series Suikoden is, and people are buying the fed-ex-box just for Halo 3 alone.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People are far too nervous for the PS3. The Xbox is alive now ONLY because of Halo, and nobody was worried about it. All the PS3 needs is a few good games, and they're alright. Hell, I'll buy a PS3 just for MGS4.

Anyway, enough on that debate... *shudder*

I'm not worried about Suikoden VI. I believe Suikoden V sold rather well compared to IV, so there's no reason for Konami not to follow up on this increase in sales.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't worry about Suikoden VI coming to the PS3. I'm not as bullish as some here are about the prospect of the PS3 repeating the same type of sales and business that the PS1 and Ps2 did for Sony. Alot of the many major developers have now gone multiplatform in their game development with only a few studios sticking to exclusive contracts with each particular console brand. Sony has the Suikoden series and not to mention the FF and DQ franchise from Square-Enix. Microsoft has had quite a good start with creating their own brand of rpgs, albeit more of the Western-type of rpg like Elder Scrolls, KOTOR, Jade Empire and Fable. These fledgeling franchises dont have the history of the ones on the Sony console but they have their hardcore fans.

The only reason I can see Konami releasing a multiplatform Suikoden VI is if they think releasing it on the 360 will help them gain more players from the NA and EMEA (North America and Europe/Middle East/Australia) regions who don't buy PS3's.

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Cyrus the Virus... it's just because PS3 is not released yet... wait till it's released and people will play Suikoden again with their PS3s trust me :mrgreen:
and i'm sure that Suiko VI will come to store! 8-)
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt Suikoden will transfer to another console. Suikoden V sold a lot of copies so income shouldn't be a problem. Plus, Suikoden had its roots with the PS system. If they go multi-platform, I'm sure PS3 would be one of the consoles it would be released on.

You don't have to worry my friend! We shall soon play Suikoden VI on the PS3. Trust me. :wink:
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually never really thought of it, but we have to keep in mind that most people tend to go where the games are. There's a reason why the PS does well compare to other companies. Nintendo and Microsoft have been pulling their weight, but in comparison to Sony's PlayStation, they have sold less units then PS2. Despite the PS2 being looked at as being inferior to the Gamecube and X-box, Playstation2 has been able to stay on top for quite some time. Why? It's the games. Without Final fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and other popular games, gamers would have no real reason to purchase the console. Although, I do predict the PS3 won't have as high sales as the PS1 or PS2, it will stay in place where it is, as long as the other games continue to bring in the cash.
I'm not sure if Suikoden VI, or any other future Suikoden games will migrate to another system. I think if there was enough demand for it, then it is possible. I find it a bit rare for the games to move because the console isn't selling well. Games moving because the console is inferior to others, is the only one I've heard. This happened with Resident Evil, since the original director hated the playstation and was extremely happy with Gamecube. If the PS3 doesn't do well, and Suikoden doesn't do well as a result, then I see Konami scraping the game instead of moving it instead. If you can't get people to buy the system just for your game, then it's not that popular. Again, unless there is some kind of demand for them(the gamers) to want the game moved, I don't see Konami moving it. Resident Evil used to be a Gamecube exclusive, but Capcom realized they had a better market on Playstation.

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I plan to buy a Nintendo Wii when it comes out this year. There is no way I can get my hands on a PS3 short of camping at wal-fart. I can't afford one yet either. I should be able to save up next summer for one though and then MGS4 will be out (or soon after hopefully at least) and that will be perfect.

And yes most likely Suikoden will be on PS3 just not for a good while. And who knows, maybe a Wii spin-off...?
trash

Orange Company

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It will appear on the PS3 since the PS3 has the capabilities to give it a better graphics and sales especially in Japan, now that the price dropped there. The Cell processor and BR disk's large capacity are tools which I think can make Suikoden a fully, exploreable world. We're talking about from Harmonia to New Armes. Also, better AI. Or even having 200+ characters to choose for the 108.

-Million Dollar Baby
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

trash wrote:
It will appear on the PS3 since the PS3 has the capabilities to give it a better graphics...

Because if there's one thing the Suikoden series has always been known for, its it's graphical superiority.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
I doubt Suikoden will transfer to another console. Suikoden V sold a lot of copies so income shouldn't be a problem. Plus, Suikoden had its roots with the PS system. If they go multi-platform, I'm sure PS3 would be one of the consoles it would be released on.

I could've sworn it had its roots on the Sega Saturn. Silly me.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masa wrote:

Suikoden I was released on the PS1 as well so that still counts.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masa wrote:
Ryusei wrote:

I know you're being sarcastic Masa, but that is the truth isn't it. Releasing Suikoden on Sony and Sega consoles is quite a big step, and it's not like Konami isn't willing to do it under any circumstance, if they even got a hunch that it would sell better on say the Nintendo Wii, then I don't think they'd hesitate for a minute.

Sophita wrote:
trash wrote:
It will appear on the PS3 since the PS3 has the capabilities to give it a better graphics...

Because if there's one thing the Suikoden series has always been known for, its it's graphical superiority.

Again, more sarcasm, hehe. I think Suikoden is just likely to end up on the most popular and best selling console at the moment, can't really see any reason why one console is above the other with the exception of Sony and Suikoden's (so far) loyalty to them.

Last edited by Ujitsuna on Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I on the PSone predates the Saturn version by about three years, according to release dates. September 1998 for the Saturn, December 1995 for the PlayStation.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: