Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden fan-made game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Suikoden fan-made game Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, I'm not doing it yet. And no plans in the near future.

I was just curious about anyone here doing it somehow. I am an rpgm2k3 user, and I could be able to pull off some Suikodenish game in 2D. If only I had the resources, that is. Charasets, chipsets, battle sprites, you know the stuff.

So this is a request. Anyone knows where to find such resources on the net? I did find some myself, but I know there's got to be more out there. If I had plenty of things to work with, I may consider making a game, even knowing that's pure hell.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't quite know where to make it but making a game even in 2d will be very hard.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://darkbladeproductions.hostultra.com/resources.php?type=charsets

Don't bother trying, since you'll never finish it. These little projects come and go every month, and not a single one has ever come close to completion.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You suiko game Ryan was supposedly boasted 2 hours of gameplay before you stopped working on it. So where is it at? Shit i'll continue the game using your old junk if need be.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I myself have tried (but failed) many times trying to make a game based off Suikoden with rpgm2k3. But most of the time I just get bored and stop trying, or I just don't have enough character sets, chip sets, etc. And whenever I make my own, I usually tend to wast WAY too much time doing it, even though I know I'll never finish the game anyways.

So to answer the question, yes, but I wouldn't be interested doing it in the future unless there were more people involved in it, and we were all serious about it.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have tried it myself. And only acomplished making a small 1 hour game where the main characters are Tir, Riou, Jowy, Nanami, Gremio, and Nash. But that was about a year ago and I deleted it. But I can look up the site for you, oh brave one who seeks boredom of the great PRGmaker (even though you say you didn't), god speed.
*Salutes in a serious manner*
That hurt my head.
Kyun Mcdohl

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im actually involned in making a game right now (thats nearly completed) but its not of the Suikoden Universe........Sadly I feel a Suikoden Fan game would just be to hard to do right. I mean anyone could whip one up but since its Suikoden it cant suck now can it?

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well...I was planning to make a gaidenlike game...and for the time being the project is closed...because I haven't got time to make the backgrounds or the character sprites...

If you want to see what I have done so far just click on the link below

http://www.water-margin-legend.prv.pl
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have thought about starting one
I have draw some pictures for it but...

but it would really take too much time and effort for only one person
I have seen some really short Gaiden kinda games on some Japanese websites,
those look do able, although I dont think I have time or the patient to do it

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I figure a fan made game will either be really really REALLY good. Or worse then Psybadek.

And if you know Psybadek (Old ps1 game, newer then Suikoden 1) then you know it's friggin horrid.
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seakida wrote:
But I can look up the site for you, oh brave one who seeks boredom of the great PRGmaker

Please post any links you may know. I made this thread to try and collect all the Suikoden-related materials of rpgmaker.
Sana

Acolytes of Chisha

6534 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

www.legionsaga.cjb.net It's an original game, but the author of them says he was heavily influenced by Suikoden, and you can get up to like 40 characters in them, more than most RPGs. They're quite fun, beaten them all myself.
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So far, only a few charasets and chipsets.

I almost give up. No resources anywhere means I would have to rip them myself. The pain... THE PAIN!!!!(can't stand ripping)
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There were a bunch of charsets a while back, with 2 Fliks, 2 Viktors, Luc, the heroes and a bunch of other characters. The best person to contact would be Kamau the maker of Legion Saga as mentioned above. He used to hang out in the Suikoden community and I talked to him a bit, I know there was a site for all the Suikoden charsets but it was well over a year ago so I can't remember the link and even if I could it'd probably be down by now.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's nice enough, never mind. Actually, I saw that site you mentioned a long time ago (1 or 2 years?), but I didn't take those charsets.

I thought that by now, there would be a lot of Suikoden rips out there. My mistake.
Anyhow, the idea of making a Suikoden game is out of my mind already. I'm using rm2k3 again, but making an entirely different project. So thank you fellas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: