Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Which Creature Would You Be?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Creature Would You Be?
Lycan{Werewolf}
25%
 25%  [ 13 ]
Vampire
47%
 47%  [ 24 ]
Centaur
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Satyr
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Mermaid
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 51

Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Which Creature Would You Be? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In light of seeing Underworld: Evolution my friends and I were discussing how bad ass some of the creatures were. So we got to talking about how the concept of the movie was good but the application was a bit cliche at times and it wasn't well done, but a great concept. Point is, which would you be? Lycan werewolf or Vampire. To be more broad than that, which half man half animal would you be? Lycan? Vampire? Centaur? Satyr? Mermaid? Explain your definition of the creature and why you think it's better than the others.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vampire

Pros:
Well they by far look the most human, and the sleep during day awake at night is what I'm all about! They are also the most human looking, I don't like humans normally but most vampires also are much paler then any other human and that makes them more bearable to look at. Being able to finally use my insatible bloodlust by drinking it from other people would be awesome, then making them my little Undead minion is all the better. Also the normal vampire bonuses of increased strength and speed, along with the greater healing and near immunity to most normal weapons would make me more invincible then I already am!

Plus with my immortality I could quite easily get away with doing hard time, a life of crime would be so easy to do and so rewarding. Though my normal morals and fiber would get in my way of profit. The increased healing would be soooo useful with all the scars and wounds I have, I can finally not have to look at mangled flesh whenever I stare into a mirrior.

Cons:
Let's see, I'm rarely out in the light as it is now anyways but even so with certain things being only available in large well-lited times it can be a bit frustrating. Weakness to swooden stakes is worthless if you know how to fight anyway. Crosses and Holy Water already burn when I touch them so that's no change. I don't like garlic a whole lot now either. Silver bullets could suck, but if I wasn't a vampire a silver bullet through the head would kill me anyways. Not being able to enter people's houses without permission is worthless, I don't leave my house as it is. Not being able to touch holy ground once again worthless, my local chruches have banned me from entering anyway.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mermaid.

>.>;;

What?

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably a Lycan (werewolf)
just like in the movies, they're cool, they could jump long distances and run fast and many more of it :mrgreen:

and another thing is that it is better than the other half man half creature, because

1. Vampires are not really cool... they drink bloods man, not pure 100% fresh water :P

2. Centaurs are also not cool... four legs! it's already pretty hard on taking care of two legs... and now you want four?? :P

3. Satyr... i don't know which creature this is... :?

4. Mermaid... nah, i prefer legs rather than fishtails and swim under the water all the time :)
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Werewolf for sure. You can live a semi normal life for a majority of the time, and you don't need to be a parasite to survive. Mermaids have to worry about becoming Sushi platters, Centaurs have trouble buy clothes that will fit them, and Satyrs they are hairy and play the pipes. My grandfather fits that description.
Rune Walsh

Order of the Gelid Wind

105159 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lycans, definitely.

I used to be a real vampire freak before, until I realized that Lycans look waaaaaaaay cooler then the leeches. They're still a very awesome second, though.

Tired of beating up invading aliens? Call Dad and get some rest!
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I actually wouldn't be any of those if I had the choice. I don't know what the male vesion of my choice is, but a Harpy would be what I desire. A featherfolk if you're into the Star Ocean realm. I'd even settle for birdman in the Shining Force realm. A human with the wings of a bird. Feathery please, the winger's bat wings in the Suikoden series aren't my style as they don't allow the flight I desire. I have the desire to fly and soar in the clouds. Flight has always been a dream of mine and not like on a plane. I used to dream at night that I could defy gravity and fly through the skies. It was magnificent.

Vampires have far too many limitations and depending on which adaptation you go by, they vary in skill and ability. Basing it on the old Dracula stereotype, Vampires are more hindered that positively altered like in Underworld and Blade. Weakness to light is actually pretty awful, there's no room for error, you catch a sun's ray and you're dead. Thats pretty stiff if you accidently open a window forgetting it was Daylight Savings time. Also the neccessity to feast on human blood makes it another drawback. While I have pleny of people I'd love to kill by biting them, I don't think I'd like to make that a living.

Werewolves are cool in one respect that they're normal 29 days a montha dn the other he's a raving lunatic (Literally the word Lunatic is derrived from being crazy about the moon. Luna.. think about it) I would like to be in control of my impulses all the time. Also werewolves tend to be hairy, which isn't a problem considering I have more facial hair than everyone I know, but being completely hirsute isn't something I really desire. Fleas would annoy me, haha.

Centaurs eh? Of the given choices, I do beleive this is the one I would pick. If I couldn't have wings I would easily be the Centaur. Undoubtedly cooler than the other choices in my mind. The stability of four feet in addition to the full usage of my arms and hands is impeccable, although it would make day to day life difficuly. Toilets, couches and chairs would become tough to use, as well as sleeping in a bed would be difficult. But I think it would be fun to be a centaur. I wouldn't need pants, shoes or socks, I'd just need to buy shirts and the occasional spiffy hat to accessorize properly. I can see myself as a centaur now. An interesting mental pictire. If I was an artist, I'd draw it up. Sadly I am not.

Satyrs are, from what I know of them, pretty short and chubby with those goat feet. But you only get two, making walking bi-pedal very difficult. Also the horns are a no no for me because few hats I know of will allow room for the horns. If I can't wear a fedora, I am not going to choose that creature. But they're quite tallented with the panpipes, haha.

Finally Mermaids. Suikoden V really placed a big damper on the race for me. But looking at the culture of Litle Mermaid's Atlantica and other renditions of mermaids, I think it wouldn't be so bad. I personally wouldn't choose this because I am not a fan of water. I actually am a hydrophobe and it wears my nerves to be wet at all. Being a Mermaid would definitely grate the nerves. Also, I want to know their secret. How do they not get that wrinkly skin? Another downfall of the mermaid lifestyle is the inability to interact woith the majority of human culture. Since you must remain in the water at all times, usage of electronics and traveling to remote locations becomes quite a chore. As any of the other species, one can take a plane, train, car or even boat, but as a merfolk, you gotta swim it. Maybe you can grab on to a boat going that way, but then you gotta hold on the whole trip. No relaxation in that. No thank you. Besides what can the merfolk do for fun? Without land there's nothing much other than a game of Marco Polo or swimming through hoops. I suppose I could play Blitzball, HAHA.

I choose Featherfolk first, Centaur second.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I . . . . . . . chose to be a Satyr.

I think that they're ane awesome bunch, hence I chose them over the more traditional ones.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Malandros Nyclo

The Majestic Lycanthropes

132683 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would be a werewold without a doubt. I actually roleplay one in Armes. I have had a facination with Lycanthropy my whole life, and even wrote one of my college papers on it. I also wrote a persuasive essay from the point of veiw of a natural lycanthrope who viewed it as a gift, and the point of view of an "outsider" who viewed it as a curse. I love were creatures, but if I could be one in real life it would be a wolf, or maybe to a lesser extent a werefox.
we are one and the same.

NAK Panache Month
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm stuck between the first two. I've had this discussion with a few of my nerider friends who play both vampire and Werewolf tabletop games (oh my horrible, geeky past is coming back to me) and in the end I'm never capable of choosing between Werewolf and Vampire due to the pros and cons of each race.

The Werewolves have the social factor; they are capable of living a semi-normal life without requiring sustenance other than food and water. They also have the physical strength and size factor down in their transformed state.

However, I would never want to be out of control of my own body and when it comes down to it, you're interacting with normal humans in your regular life so they'll always be shut away from a part of you. Whereas Vampires only interact with other vampires. Obviously one vampire is going to understand the plight of another better than a human is going to understand a werewolf's problems. So in their own way, vampires have a social aspect to their life.

The idea of being a corpse and living off others doesn't bother me, but the fact that I can only wander in the dark does. I'm not much of a day person but I wouldn't like to have my life reduced to that little span of time in each day.

Normally I come to the conclusion that I'd rather be a zombie than either of them, but I'm not feeling it right now, the zombie has that whole out of control thing going on as well. So I've made my choice, I would be a werewolf in a clan of werewolves or a vampire with an umbrella.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
Heh, I actually wouldn't be any of those if I had the choice. I don't know what the male vesion of my choice is, but a Harpy would be what I desire. A featherfolk if you're into the Star Ocean realm. I'd even settle for birdman in the Shining Force realm. A human with the wings of a bird. Feathery please, the winger's bat wings in the Suikoden series aren't my style as they don't allow the flight I desire. I have the desire to fly and soar in the clouds. Flight has always been a dream of mine and not like on a plane.

Looks like you and me have got more in common than I thought Red. :D

As for the choices provided, I'd have to go werewolf. They've got the awesome strength and depending on what movie your watching/game you're playing, they can jump like crazy. Vampires just tend to annoy me, plus you'd have to be watching out for Buffy all the time. Centaurs are cool in Shining Force (May, the hot centaur archer anyone?) but it'd suck to be one. I mean there'd only be one position during sex! Satyrs are the losers of the mythological world and I've been turned off mer folk since Suikoden IV.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd pick vampire just for the fact that of all the creatures listed they're the ones who could easily intermingle with normal humans. Werewolves can move around in the daytime in their human forms but still susceptible to the phases of the moon and their bestial nature.

Vampires may be nocturnal, but their blood appetite can be manageable. Appearance wise vampires also seem to exude more of the sophisticated vibe than the other creatures listed and are practically immortal if careful in how they operate and behave.

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Werewolves. It's not so much that I think they're cooler than the rest, but I like dogs more than bloodsuckers, goats, horses, and fish. As far as the hair goes, it can only be a little worse than now. The drooling and slobbering and lack of inhibitions...pretty much the same. :)

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mermaid!

Werewolfs and Vampires... no thanks... I'd like to not meet a horrible death. being shot or getting a piece of wood though your heart?

Centaur... they tend to be over rated. They often end up dieing as fodder for the bad guy during a battle... Not to mention no toes.

Satyr... nah... They don't get to wear pants... but then again when your a Satyr you don't need pants with all those forest women around ^^;

Mermaids. They live happliy ever after so I'm picking them!

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Nimble Jack

Guard of the Old Way

319192 Potch
250 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd be a satyr. One reason:
Quote:

when your a Satyr you don't need pants with all those forest women around ^^;

Other than that, I view satyrs as a peaceful race of mythological creatures more concerned with campfire parties, playing lutes and lyres, dancing, and having a very merry time. This suits me very well, I already have my own little flute to play, and I have lots of hair on my legs as it is. I wouldn't really go for the horns but they could end up being cool, you know, getting in a fight with another satyr over a girl satyr.

As far as who's better, Vampire or Werewolf? I would have to be undecided because it really depends on what type of which you go off of. Going off of Underworld I would say that werewolves are better but I would prefere to be a vampire. Although at their best in Underworld they were pretty equal. Bat-thing kicked way more ass throughout the film though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: