Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden II Clip/Movie (Massive Spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocky

Harmonian Paramilitary Spearmen Corps

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Suikoden II Clip/Movie (Massive Spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably shouldn't watch this unless you've beat Suikoden II =P

Okay, so this is something I made with some screenshots I took during my first ever play through of Suikoden II. It's not great, nothing magical, and of course the hero's name is Rocky (.. just use your imaginations and think Riou =P).. But yeah. Harmonians have already got to see it, as I posted it there a few days ago, but now I decided I'd share out here.

Again, huge Suikoden II spoilers, ruin best scene in the game, blah blah blah. Thanks to RGamers, the site I administrate at, for the webspace. Shameless plug, but they're good to me even though I probably kill their bandwidth haha. =)

http://rocky.rgamers.com/cp/suikomovie.wmv

(Click, but maybe Save As might be better for the site's bandwidth? I dunno much about that stuff).

Also note, it's not supposed to be an AMV (anime music video) or anything like that, but just a sort of tribute to the game and the scene itself. Also, it was made with Windows Movie Maker (my first/only attempt using it) in about mid-2003. That takes care of addressing questions/comments that came up in the Harmonian version of this thread =D

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was... wow. I'm at a loss for words.

That brought back a lot of memories.

Bravo, Rocky. Bravo.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

O_O O_O O_O

THAT WAS FREAKIN' BRILLIANT.

I'm sorry, but for me, that was the most tear-jurking moment I've ever had in any game, ever. That brought back some of the great memories I've ever had in my gaming life. Seriously, I have to thank you for letting me relive a little of my yester years.

Bravo.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mmhmm. Gil-galad summed up what I wanted to say quite nicely.

Now, if only someone could put together a sequence of my favorite scene from Suikoden II. The one where Viktor tells the kids the story of Genkaku and Han and the duel. >_>

I dunno. Maybe it's just the BGM that plays (Disc 2, Track 18 - The Legend) with the crackly phonograph SFX that makes me love it so much.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That scene is one of the scenes which makes me love Suikoden so much. Good job on it Rocky, the music really fit the scene well. I wish I had a copy of the soundtrack. It's stuff like this which makes me really miss 2D RPGs, they have a charm and feel to them which I just can't explain and you just have to experience to understand.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
KonRei

The Sharingan Archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow.....i'm so speechless....it's cool!! two thumbs up!!

Today's angel are tomorrow's devil...fear it, live it, die with it... -Kon Rei
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very well done! Of course it's not that exciting having played through that seen several times before, but good job.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, I first thought it was going to be one of those dime-a-dozen AMV's you see around all done to a Linkin Park tune or something equally awful. *applauds*

I say we need more coming!

The trouble with 3D RPG's Elc, is that on the whole (not in all cases though), they're more concerened with the graphical sides of the scenes than the musical score and emotions involved.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

its nice, I just wish more people had better screen capture cards.

this scene wouldn't be to hard to re-create totaly in flash.

do another one! or try to do what I did (which could be hard) and recreate your own diolouge.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, that's perfect. My goodness...

... if only it didn't lose all its meaning for being a fake death.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The whole line with "... Hey Riou... you and me... and Genkaku...we're not related, but we really...really were a family... weren't we. Please just once call me big sister. R...Riou... I'm glad I got to be Genkaku's child.... and I'm glad I got to be your big sister... and I'm glad... I was Jowy's friend... and I'm glad we were all togather..." (not only does it remind me of the Thirds death scene in Naruto) It's one of the greatest lines in any RPG ever.... *dies*

Oh and theif, you might want to hide that, some people might not have got to see the 108 stars of destiny ending. ^^ That'd be even more spoilers.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No matter how many times I see or play that scene, it still affects me even though I know each of the possible outcomes. I really don't think it would have played out as well had it been a 3D game, it's amazing how much feeling those sprites could display.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Incredible, Sir Rocky. Great job on that movie. That's the kind of thing we love to see from Harmonians! Excellent job representing your nation well. You can expect some type of reward for this, I assure you!

And also, I must agree with the Falenian Viceroy's comments. 3-D games just don't seem to have the emotional feel that the old 2-Dimentional ones have. And you did a really good job on that movie, to boot. Congratulations, sir!

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats usually the way it goes with games, but not for the reason that some people might think though. Some people would assume that some companies decide that because they are improving the graphic quality of games no one would notice the lacking the game has in storyline. I mean look at the tenth game of the series that shall not be mentioned. Sure there were great graphics all around but generally the storyline was weaker than it could have been. In that case yes it was probably just the writers were slacking off or something of that nature or just didnt take all that much interest in it. Which is shameful considering some of the great rpgs Squaresoft or Square Enix as it is now known has come out with over the years. Companies like Konami dont have the same funds to put into rpgs like Square Enix does so if they focus a lot of their money on the graphics department they cant hire the same quality of writers. Personally I see it as more of a money management problem and not putting the money where it really should go with a game like Suikoden. I think most of us wouldnt mind less fancy graphics for a stellar storyline, that is not saying though that the fourth game has a weak storyline. It doesnt, it has a good storyline but it was missing a more epic feel to it. The game felt too much like a filler game considering that the next game for example might be set in a place like Falena where they could develop a more Suikoden like storyline. Especially if they were to use the whole assassination of the queen by Georg Prime storyline for that as a prequel but not set as far back as Suikoden 4. Heck if they played the game right they could make it a two game storyline having Suikoden five and Suikoden six based in the Falena region. One based during the death of the Queen and the other based on the rebuilding of Falena following the Queen's death. Heck if they made the first long enough they could make it a combination game where half of it takes place in the first game and the second is a continuation. It could even be used to build Harmonia more and say that perhaps the whole revolution was fueled by Harmonian interference and planned invasion. Say Georg Prime could be the main character with a hidden true rune say the true Pheonix rune or something doesnt matter. He could have been manipulated by Harmonia to do it and then leads the fight with the one hundred and eight stars against the coming Harmonian invasion. Ted could even make an appearance since he would still be around back then. They could also introduce in said second game other true runes if only in small stories to build over future games. There are a lot of possibilities if they were to go with it.

Some might say why Georg Prime? He was never that great of a character and barely interesting at all but I have to say why not? To be honest Ted was never that great of a character anyway and merely served his purpose within the storyline. The only good thing he had going for him was the Soul Eater. This is an oppertunity to develop more a character who during the second game was a mere after thought and nothing more. Thats just my opinion though.

The Blue Lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WOW, realy nice Rocky.
That sure brought back memories to Me too. *sniff*
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: