Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Ryder Cup 2006

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: The Ryder Cup 2006 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Golf Fans, one of the most important golfing championships in the world is drawing near! Starting the 22nd of September, and ending on the 24th of September, Europe and the U.S. duke it out over the greens of the K Club.

This Ryder Cup is very special to me, since it is on 10 minutes down the road from me. Although, due to the lack of tickets, I'm not able to attend, I'll be watching it live on television.

So, Golfing Fans, which team do you think will win? Are you going to watch it? Which player will you be keeping your eye on?

0 Potch
348 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the US. will win for once in a very long time. Tiger Woods seem determined to wipe out that bad Ryder form of his. Dinner for the four rookies? Haha. I laughed when I read it. And the Europeans are, well, a bit messy. Sort of made me not as interested in this event. I won't watch it, for sure, but maybe catch some highlights if I hear some super interesting stunts. Player to keep an eye on? The European guy who just lost his wife? Scott? I forgot his name. I can't seem to remember names outside the top seeds. I don't know why, but he (and Tiger Woods) are the only attractive forces to me. It's been sometime since I watched golf, until recently with the Singapore Open in my country. I just recalled what's a bogey. Geh.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the Ryder Cup. I don't really watch it, but I love watching/listening to all the British commentators refer to Europe as "us" for the duration of the contest before going back to villifying eveything from "The Continent".

Anyway, Europe will walk it. The pressure isn't on them to keep winning, but on the US to stop losing. They'll implode under the pressure as things get rough.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The K Club is about 20 minutes drive from my place but i will not be going as i do not have a ticket and i am not a big big golf fan.

But i will be watching and of course have to agree with John Layfield, all the pressure is on the US to win it.
Apparently, to alot of golfing experts the K Club is meant to be an easy course to play on, lets wait and see.

Quote:
Player to keep an eye on? The European guy who just lost his wife? Scott? I forgot his name.

Darren Clarke is his name. He seems to be in good spirits and was having a good laugh with Lee Westwood at practice yesterday. I am sure when they all tee off it will get emotional for him.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, this morning, practice was delayed because Ireland was being buffeted by the tail-end of Hurricane Gregory. There was fear the practice day wouldn't go on. However, it looks like it began at 10A.M. GMT, and the practice has been on since.

I'm unsure about what's more important about this weekend: The Ryder Cup or Suikoden V's European Release. Both will be memorable, I hope.

I hope Europe wins, seeing how the event is in Europe, but my money's on the Americans. They just want it more, and who's surprised, seeing what happened at the 2004 Ryder Cup?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: