Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Survivor: Cook Islands

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Survivor: Cook Islands Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Premieres Thursday, September 14 @ 8 pm

I have not watched a full Survivor season since Survivor: Amazon (which was season six), but I'm going to try to check out the whole thing this time around. Last season, Exile Island, was truly interesting, but I really didn't feel like investing all my time to watching all of that. Hopefully, things are different this time around, and something drives me to become the hardcore Survivor addict that I used to be.

So... what does everyone think about the supposed "twist" of the season? Tribes are divided by race:
African-Americans
Asian-Americans
Hispanics
White Americans
Native Americans

I think that's all of them... I don't know what to think. Obviously it's meant to cause... something. Dissention? I dunno... but definitely something. It would be interesting to see how this would affect the dynamics of the game. Of course, knowing myself, I would probably just watch only the first episode then boycott the rest, but hopefully that wouldn't happen.

From what I saw of Exile Island, it was pretty okay. I just don't know what happened that made not tune in to it. Let's hope that like I said earlier, something would make me WANT to watch out for it. Here's to a good season ahead.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They've seperated everyone by age and gender, I dont' think this hsould be such a big deal. I'll probally still watcha few episodes, and I really hope it doesn't stir too much s*** up with races, who think its just to promote the lost belief of segregation.

And besides. The tribes join not long after a few episodes.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Survivor: Cook Islands Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highwind wrote:
Premieres Thursday, September 14 @ 8 pm

I have not watched a full Survivor season since Survivor: Amazon (which was season six)

don't feel bad, only full season i've watch was africa and all stars. man they need to make another all stars one again.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NO! I'm sure CBS has learned from Survivor: All-Stars and Big Brother All-Stars that it's a no-no. Survivor's was hardly a fan favourite and Big Brother's ended up being a big flame party and the final two were really gross.

Well, I just watched the first episode... I can't write as big posts for Survivor as I can for big Brother BUT I will say I'm sad for the black tribe. I wanted them to win, as well as the asian tribe. I'm glad Sundra stayed though. :mrgreen:

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*sigh*

Survivor hasn't had a good season since the very orginal started and made all that reality TV craz.

Now there trying to mix things up by seperating tribes by race Pla-ha-ease! I can see next years promos now "Survivor: Rumble Ring, 11 enter only one comes out to have the title as SURVIVOR, then catch Dave wrestle Jay Leno tonight on CBS!"

I guess I shouldn't be too shocked. Reality TV always where infamous for there twists. Like that one that was hosted by Monika Lewinsky. Or that one almost hosted by OJ Simpson.

I'm sure that the ratings will be like American Idol. In the way that most people only watch other people get butchered by Simone.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nyarlathotep wrote:
NO! I'm sure CBS has learned from Survivor: All-Stars and Big Brother All-Stars that it's a no-no. Survivor's was hardly a fan favourite and Big Brother's ended up being a big flame party and the final two were really gross.

Yeah, I don't think they are going to have another one till like Survivor 20 or Big Brother 20, and next time around, they are probably going to make sure that people that make it on there are REAL All-Stars. I mean, seriously, WTF? Amber? Mike Boogie? Those two winners of the two CBS All-Star shows aren't EVEN All-Stars. But I think both winners were much better than their Final two partners (Rob M and Chairika).

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I really don't care if I get spoiled. There aren't any torrents up yet at the moment, but I will make sure to download the episode as soon as I have access.

Edit (at 18/09/06): I'm downloading the premiere as I type this and HOLY CRAP! The seeders are just massive! I'm downloading at a rate of about 350 kilobytes per second! Insane!!! I was expecting to just leave it on for the night and watch it tomorrow, but I guess I'm gonna have to watch it tonight. Awesome!!! I have not watched like a mad fan for about three years now, so I may be off with my assessments, but I will try to post them if I even come up with some.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: