Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What languages do you speak?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a question for those who speak Spanish. I have seen "Spanish (Spain)" and "Spanish (Mexico)" during my random trips through the internet. Is this relationship analogous to the difference between UK & US English (i.e. -re vs -er and colour vs color) or is it more substantial?

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*remembers back to highschool Spanish*

It's basically like the British vs American dialect change. Some words and phrases in Mexican aren't used or aren't as commonly used in Spain-ish.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Malvagio

Liberatori di Inferno

26524 Potch
63 Soldiers
123938 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its not just like that between Mexico and Spain, its pretty much slightly different in just about every latin american country.

"Devoted Protector of Lord Logg and Lady Valeria"
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also Spain uses a different conjugation. They use the vosotros form and Mexico doesn't.
Crimson_Angel

13285 Potch
60 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak English and I'm learning German. Not fluent in speaking it yet, but I can translate words pretty well.

- Auron, Final Fantasy X

"I'm a warrior, not a variety of flower!"

- Vegeta, Dragonball Z
Yubaa

Phantomia

6273 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fluent: Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian & English.
Pretty fine with: German = Deutch. :)

Quote:
Code:
by.Alastor

You are true "suikomasterphantom".

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I have a question for those who speak Spanish. I have seen "Spanish (Spain)" and "Spanish (Mexico)" during my random trips through the internet. Is this relationship analogous to the difference between UK & US English (i.e. -re vs -er and colour vs color) or is it more substantial?

As Malvaggio stated before, there are small differences in different Spanish speaking countries. Hell, sometimes there are differences within different regions in the same country. These differences might be very slight like the use of pronouns vos/tu vosotros/ustedes to having different meanings to some words and having different words for the same thing. Again, these differences are very slight in most cases and to this day I have never had problems communicating with anyone from a different Spanish-speaking country.

Quote:

Also Spain uses a different conjugation. They use the vosotros form and Mexico doesn't.

Actually, I believe not all of Spain does this. As I have it, it's a regional thing over there, which is understandable given Spain's many regions, many of which have their own dialects and all that. Also, I think Argentinians also use vos/vosotros if I remember correctly.

And to answer the topic's question, Spanish is my mother tongue, and English I acquired through the power of video games and cable TV. At the moment I'm working on learning Mandarin Chinese.
natsun7gem

Natsun gem of Aronia

37113 Potch
14 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak Indonesia ... that's because I'm an Indonesian... hahaha
But I'm fluent in english too...
I would like to learn Spanish and Japanese.....
I'm looking for a same path, that I couldn't find in the past......

genne atreides aka natsun gem
Onix

26611 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak Tagalog and English fluently. I can understand some basic Mandarin, Hokkien and super little Japanese. Currently trying to learn Spanish.

"It shall be engraved upon your very soul!" Hrist Valkyrie (VP2)
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i can speak English fluently and used to know quite a bit of German. Right now I am learning Japanese.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right now my French is messed up, since I didn't used it for almost a year. If you don't use a language you know regularly, you forget it really fast.

Since I recently take vocal class for singing Lieder, right now I also study German, which in my opinion, easier than French

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Kohaku":guxia18f]
Since I recently take vocal class for singing Lieder, right now I also study German, which in my opinion, easier than French

If you have any questions about the German grammar or language feel free to ask me. I'm always willing to help those who learn German. :-)
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's pretty awesome that you're studying classical Germanic music-- if you learn to sing any of Strauss' Lieder, do tell! :)

The Germanic Romance composers are probably my favorite of any genre of classical composers.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Main languages are English and Tagalog, although I have to use English translations when reading literary works made in Tagalog, since I have difficulty reading the deeper words. I have a vague knowledge of Korean, Japanese and Spanish, and a little bit more German.

I really should focus more on one of those 4.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="ViktorFan":11k62fc4][quote="Kohaku":11k62fc 4]

If you have any questions about the German grammar or language feel free to ask me. I'm always willing to help those who learn German. :-)

Thanks!

[quote="Gil-galad":11k62fc4]That's pretty awesome that you're studying classical Germanic music-- if you learn to sing any of Strauss' Lieder, do tell! :)

The Germanic Romance composers are probably my favorite of any genre of classical composers.

Same goes for me mate. The reason why I learned it the first place was because I adore Strauss (the Richard one) works. The sad part is that most of his greatest works are for sopranos (like the four last songs, allerseelen, caecilie.), and not to tell that I'm just a novice :D .

For now, I'm satisfied being almost able to sing some easier ones . There's still lots of spelling problems :)

My youtube page, which pretty much tells my favorite musics (but no, I don't have videos of myself singing):
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Met ... =favorites
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: