Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What languages do you speak?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yontory

9094 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As for me. I speak Gibberish as my native languange. Yes!
Indonesian my 2nd, Javanese my 3rd, and english my 4th.

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some time ago (years to be exactly) I was able to make an immorale offer in at least 6 different languages. Folks, I can tell you that was a really pathetic time in my life. The adolescence was a creepy time for me... You know Jason Mews's (sp?) interpreatation of Jay from Jay and Silent Bob (made up by Kevin Smith)?
I was like him without the rudeness and the obvious prurience, with shorter hair and a little bit more education that allows me to talk to the opposite gender with some kind of wit. Nevertheless I was only showing more interest in woman than in books...
What was the thread? Oh yeah, languages. You see, I got a very "exclusive" way to choose necessary phrases to survive in other countries (what means that I wouldn't have survived, but the last days would have been fun). I am happy I am more mature nowadays.

The Fool
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak English as my 1st language and Spanish as a 2nd language. I'm not fluent in it, but I can get across what I'm trying to say pretty good. I've got a really good teacher.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak English fluently, and I have a bit of Irish and French. I'm still studying the latter.

Lizard Clan - larvae

2500 Potch
26 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i speak portuguese (im from portugal) english written with errors spanish and a little german
Carbunc

Crimson Bricade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only speak english and i don't claim to be fluent in it :)
However, i am gradually learning mandarin chinese and am hoping to one day be able to have more than a minute long conversation with someone in chinese
Laweracne_of_Adorn

Golden Knights of the Capitol Province

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

english only and proud of it

kickassawesomep.11.forumer.com (just copy & paste it)

Its a forum with a little of everything. Plus, we do something else which only members can know about....... What is it? Well, you'll just have to join and find out!
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I speak both Filipino and English very well... Though Filipino has many dialects under it, i only know how to speak two out of the eight presented. I also know how to speak&write Japanese (hiragana katakana only), some German, and some Spanish.

Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow Vikifanatic, I didn't know you had so many languages under your belt. You must be quite gifted in tongues, and have persued many languages in your education to know so many. I only wish that I had a functional command of five languages. Maybe someday I will.

Right now though, I only have two, though I'd consider myself fluent in both of them. The two are english and swedish. I haven't gone back looking through the pages of this thread, but were there any other swedish speakers that marked themselves in? It's not a very common language, that's for certain, especially if you live outside Sweden, like I do. I live in Canada in fact, but lived in Sweden one year on a foreign exchange program. I'm pretty much fluent in the tongue now, though my writing isn't as good as my speech.

I also knew french for awhile, since we learn it in school in Canada, but sadly it's slipped away from me. Seems that to hold onto a language you really need to use it. Since I live on the west coast of Canada, the opportunities for actually using french are much smaller than if I were to live on the east coast. That's where the concentration of french speakers are. There isn't anyone in my town that I can practice swedish with, but it seems to stick with me really easily, and when I do talk to my swedish friends it comes out alright. It's probably because I was so immersed in it for so long that it's become ingrained into me.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can speak English fluently, which is good, since it's my native language.

I'd been learning Spanish from grades 4-12 so I am rather proficient with it, though I'm getting a bit rusty without using it regularly. I'm confident if I stayed in a spanish speaking country for any length of time, I'd become fluent.

This year also marks my first year of the study of the Japanese language. I know Hiragana and Katakana, as well as some Kanji, and how to say some simple things.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kalidor wrote:
Wow Vikifanatic, I didn't know you had so many languages under your belt. You must be quite gifted in tongues, and have persued many languages in your education to know so many. I only wish that I had a functional command of five languages. Maybe someday I will.

Well, I know little of German and Spanish, but have learned some basic expressions. Let's just say i was forced to learn german since my parents keep using it as a secret language to not tell me things. They're really evil...

I've taken classes in Japanes though, so that explains that. You'll be able to do it, Kalidor. Anyone can learn various languages especially if they really want to.

Molari

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being born in the Uk, it is alleged I speak english.

Unfortunately alot of my friends and collegues would disagree saying my variation of accents and reional phrases can be confusing at times.

:(

The life of a nomad.................. I know some will understand?
Judo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can speak Arabic and English. I also know a bit of Japanese I guess, can read Katakana and Hiragana but no Kanji <.<;

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak english, a bit of latin, and some japanese. The japanese is mostly Katakana, though.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm starting to learn Korean. I'm learning hangul, but also the romanized version as well. It's slow going (especially as I'm teaching myself) but it's off to a good start.

But one of Jenna's friend's ex-boyfriend is fluent in Korean and English and she's going to ask if he'll teach me when he's back from his travels in a few months time.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: