Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What languages do you speak?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: What languages do you speak? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak English. I had a year of Spanish in High School, but I don't remember most of what I learned.

Last edited by Galt on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Smirn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only speak Dutch. I'm pretty chauvinistic when confronted with foreigners who haven't mastered my language yet and usually refuse to continue the conversation they so clumsily started in any other language. Doesn't mean I can't speak thern, I just won't.

hellzyeah
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fluently I speak/understand German, English, French, Mandarin Chinese and Latin. I also know Classic Chinese, Sanskrit, Old Hebrew, Ancient Greek and Japanese, as well as a bit of Russian, Turkish, Arabic, Pali, Italian, Spanish and Dutch.

I had to learn most of these languages due to my studies in theology and orientalism and I am currently improving my Arabic and Hebrew skills.

[/brag]
Masamune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
Fluently I speak/understand German, English, French, Mandarin Chinese and Latin. I also know Classic Chinese, Sanskrit, Old Hebrew, Ancient Greek and Japanese, as well as a bit of Russian, Turkish, Arabic, Pali, Italian, Spanish and Dutch.

I had to learn most of these languages due to my studies in theology and orientalism and I am currently improving my Arabic and Hebrew skills.

[/brag]

Wow, good for you Iscalio!

Well i Speak Spanish, English, Italian and Portuguesse. And i am learning French and hopefully German too.
Calista Suphina

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dutch, english and I'm still busy learning German ^_^
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Es ist schön zu hören, dass sich so viele für meine Muttersprache interessieren.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can speak english fluently, and I am on my fifth year of spanish language classes. So far I can understand and speak it very well, but I wouldn't consider myself fluent as of yet.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm fluent in English and I've taken four years of German in high school. I can understand the language to an extent, but simply speaking it is harder than just learning it. I may take a class or two for German in college but I'm not sure yet.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fluent in English and Japanese, but my Japanese is more fluent than native speakers due to my background as a translator. I am continuously studying German, but it's still bad--I can do German-English translations with some effort, though. Also, like Iscalio, I've been exposed to many other languages through my studies in theology, namely Latin, Classical Greek, and Classical Chinese (Written Form). However, my knowledge in those languages are just for bare-minimum, read-only basis. Currently, I'm brushing up on my Kentucky dialect.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can speak fluently Spanish and English, and kind of understand Portuguese, French and Italian.

Hum...As a friend would say "I speak Spanish, Castellian and Chilean"

All the way to the edge of this world
nightrider

1000 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

English and......umm........no wait......damn I can only speak English.
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm fluent in Swedish and English. I have papers from my school saying that I can speak french to, but I dont belive that =). I had five and a half years of french lesson I speak better Japanese (learnt from Anime) then I speak french. That is how good I am. And I'm not blaming my techer. I just hated that damn laguage so much.

I studied for a week to last test and made it by one point. Yey.

And I can understand Norwegian and Danish too but so can almost evryone in Sweden. Cant speak those languages very well but thats not necessary beacuse Norwegian people and Danish people understand Swedish pretty well.

PS Swesihs is one of the most difficult languagese in the world to learn (unless you live here).
Fragola

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can speak English and Spanish fluently, and I can also speak Japanese, Italian, and French well enough to have a conversation with someone or get around or translate a few things, but I'd have to have a dictionary nearby to read really difficult books. ^_^;
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am fluent in English and Chinese speaking wise. Writing and reading, my chinese is terrible. Only the basic stuff. English is my language...
Yumi

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only fluent in English. Been taking German classes in both High School and college, but I'm afraid I have not been too successful in mastering the language at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: