Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Jack Chick

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Jack Chick Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

seeing has how the Religion thred is going swimmingly, I tought, hey lets talk about Jack Chick and his wonderfull work, and the talented artists and writers who "spred the word"

acctualy, take it as you want, I've been reading some MSted Tracts and they are funny, really, take a gander for your self and tell me how "unholy I am"

http://www.chick.com/catalog/tractlist.asp

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, being that I'm a Roman Catholic, I don't think Jack likes me very much. Since he's said Roman Catholics aren't Christians, have allegiance to the pope over the country (in which case I am really boned because I must have left my papal visa somewhere...Oh, wait, I didn't get one.), hijacked some portions of religion from other religions (which a)happens in every religion that lasts long enough and b) Jack is not even correct about other religions because he says Osiris is the egyptian sun god but he isn't, he's the god of the dead and Ra is the sun god unless you're talking about Akhenaten's sun god, Aten, but either way it's not Osiris and 5 seconds with Wikipedia could have told you that.), and, oh yeah, that Satan controls the pope.

However, I don't think anyone's religion is worth mocking, because I do think that everyone should be respected for their choice. But I do pity Jack, because he seems so full of hatred for anyone who is not following Jack Chick's guide to religion. And he could have a bit more sensativity, considering that there are still places in the world (North Ireland, for one) where Catholics and Protestants still tear each other up on a daily basis.

Really, I think Jack Chick is on the same level as the racists who pass out literature about "not polluting the gene pool" or how "mixing with others is bad." He's a writer of hate speech, and, as such - someone who is best ignored.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Sophita completely. Being a Christian myself, I feel that people like Chick give Christianity a bad name. There isn't enough room in the world for people who preach this fire and brimstone crap anymore.

As a sidethought, wouldn't it be ironically funny if he ended up going to hell for being such a jerk?
Connor MacLeod

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah that would be funny if--

Wait. His last name is Chick? Oh that's good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: