Suikoden United and Illegal Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Battle help (Spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Final Battle help (Spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, I have been trying the last couple of hours to beat the final boss with this team, yet I haven't had any success, will you give me battle advice?

Hero-Lv. 56 Rune of Punishment Fire Rune
Selma-Lv. 56 Water Rune Mother Earth Rune
Wendell- Lv. 56 Flowing Rune Wind Rune
Kate- Lv. 56 Rage Rune Water Rune

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First of all, make sure you are able to "Rush." Use "Rush" when the tree turns white. That is when it will use it's powerful attack. "Rush" will make the enemy skip its turn, so you can avoid that attack once.

Your party is configured heavily towards runic magic. I think it is better to use physical attacks against the final boss because it has high resistance against magic (depending on its color). Unite attacks work very well against it--if you can get someone in your party with powerful unites, it would work well.

Either that, or try to attack the tree with runes that the current color would be weak against. For example, when it is orange, it has a lightning element, so earth-based spells, such as "Earthquake" would work well against it.

This boss has 13000 HP on the main body, and the two support parts are 3000 HP each. It's not easy.
RubiRubi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I messed up and put Lino, Ted, Snowe and Kika in Elanor's team so mine was

Hero Fury and Punishment
Jean Water and Lighting
Gau
Warlock Water Earth and Fire
Also only attack the Tree Dragon he will revive the other two :cry:
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Absolutely, Fool Proof!! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually I found this to be the easiest final boss in Suikoden yet.

MY lineup is as follows:

Hero- Fury Rune,Sunbeam Rune, Rune O' Punishment LVL 61
Ted-Sunbeam Rune, Mother Earth Rune, Soul Eater LVL 61
Selma-Water Rune,Sunbeam Rune,Rage Rune LVL 58
Kaki-Falcon Rune,Water Rune LVL 58

Hero and Kaki both attack.. Kaki uses falcon rune. Hero does about 700 dmg Kaki does I have no idea but its about 200 more than regular attack I believe. Ted and Selma use runes.

Take out those 2 orbs first, should take maybe 3 turns at most to clear both of them. Then the tree is really easy. Just make sure you have over 300 hp for all your peeps when he lights up white. Orange = Lightning, Red = Fire, Blue = Water, Yellow = Earth, and Green = Wind. Use opposite attacks on him, just like rune cannons on your ship. If he's Yellow use a wind attack.. etc.
However, I only use the mother earth and fire runes to this effect. Because he honestly wasn't doing enough damage for me to screw around too much. Besides that I used Ted's Soul Eater and he hits for 1700 a pop at lvl 4. So use those mixed herbs you picked up on the way up the stairs and you can hit him for 4*1700 with ted alone in 4 turns. That's half his hp from Ted alone.
Fury rune is obtained from beating the training hall challenge and is a great addition to any fighter type ally. You can also use the training hall to level up your people quickly. Just take hero and one other person and cast lvl 4 spells on the last 2 battles. (little more to it but you can figure that out)
I got the rage and mother earth by taking them off of allies I'd never use. I believe Maxine has the rage rune along with a cyclone. And that guy that you recruit in the Razril Inn has the Mother Earth?? ... I dunno you'll find it if you check your roster.
Also, my allies all had Diamond everything. I didn't use the set bonuses because I didn't feel like spending any more time. If you need cash, take Noah as a support character and take the prosperity rune offa one of the ''Lo's". Take them to the ruins in Obel. 15k potch a battle. WEEOWW!
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking of switching out Selma for Gretchen (high strength-stronger then Selma) or Helga, or Mitsuba, or Kika (but probably Gretchen),and Kate can attack and use magic, while I keep Wendell as my main magic user (healer),

Official Smoke Bomb User

Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I seriously only use people that I think look cool. Forget the dominating stats! I had Gretchen in my BU party that went with elanor along with maxine jeane and helmut.

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually go that way also, that is why I did not have Maxine in my main party (something about her I didn't like). I thought Kate actually looked like a real ninja (unlike Akagi and Mizuki). I thought Selma looked god-awesome, and that is why I used her. I thought Wendel was cool looking, looked like a real tomboy.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Masked Bishop

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARS, you're a genius! I would always just defend when he turned white and heal immediately afterward. Didn't even think to use Rush.

And, just 'cause I want to, here's my lineup for the last battle:

Hero - Water Rune, Fortune Rune (though this will be removed so I can have it for New Game Plus), and True Punishment Rune.
Kika - Falcon Rune and Counter Rune.
Ted - Sunbeam Rune, Soul Eater, and Water Rune.
Jeane - Charm Rune, Lighting Rune, and Fire Rune.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how does this team sound?

Hero (Rune of Punishment, Fire Rune)
Gretchen (some rune possibly earth-sold Fury rune for armor money-stupid me)
Wendel (Flowing Rune Lightning Rune)
Kate (Rage Rune and Wind Rune)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're still having a little trouble.. I believe Warlock has a mother earth rune you could substitute for earth or the fire rune on Hero. Mother earth rune has a lvl 3 spell that is a butt kicker. Also Maxine has a cyclone run you could substitute for that wind rune. Cyclone is a great healer.. No one but me likes the sunbeams. I also have speed rings on everyone. 3 speed rings on my magic casters so they can get their rune spells off majorly fast... at least before they get attacked. Personally I didn't use any of the combinations.. Like the thunder god spell. I'm not sure of the exact term for em. LVL 5 Spells? Unless they healed me too and I needed it. But make sure you pick up the mixed herbs on the way up the stairs to that tree. The mixed herbs are the biggest and most baddest addition to your arsenal. You get all your prescious MP back with one use buddy. And man is that useful if you had Ted. I only got hit with the mega spell from the tree one time, the other time he lit up white I smoked him with rush like SARS said above. Not because I was trying to stop him, but because HERO had not much HP left. And I killed the tree shortly after he got his first blast off. Hope that helps.

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just used all my mages only for magic and my attackers for attacking.

When my mages ran out of magic i just used mushrooms.

Not much strategy i just went along with what the boss was doing, he attacked the whole party i heal.

Last edited by Weyoun on Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Orion the Mage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My final party was:
Fist playthrough without all characters. All weapons maxed by the way.

Hero lvl 64-
rage
Double-strike
rop

Jeane
Mother Earth
Flowing
Wizard

Warlock
Rage
Cyclone
Sunbeam

Lino en Kuldes
Double-Strike
Fury
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay guys, come on. If this isn't a blatent excuse to pull soldiers, I don't know what is. The admin just closed another thread -exactly like this one.- Why is it okay to go back to this one and continue doing the same exact thing? Who cares what party you used?

MMan asked for help, he got it. There isn't any discussion going on. Drop it already, would you?
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thank you all for the help, but this topic can't go to another "Last Boss Comment" thread or it will be closed.

We should keep it open for anyone else who needs help, but if you want to post who you beat the game with, or want to show how strong and unbeatable your team is then create your own thread.

Anyways, back to the main topic: I accidentally forgot to remove Maxine's Cyclone Rune before the Graham Cray battle, so that messed me up. This time around, I am going to make sure I have all the best runes.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If anyone is still having trouble, for another method I suggest using a couple of the archers for their unite attacks. (If you want the shortest amount of archers possible stuck in your party, which I recommend, Aldo and Ted's unite is pretty useful) Using Aldo and Ted, I managed to take out the seedlings within a turn or two, and my other two characters sat back and healed. I never used much magic at all, because I could never get the spells to go over 750 damage even using dedicated mages like Katarina or Warlock...On the other hand, I was doing 500+ with Aldo/Ted's combo, and 900+ more with Snowe and Hero using their friendship attack on the tree itself.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: