Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

To the S4 players, what's your favorite themes in this game?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: To the S4 players, what's your favorite themes in this game? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So any favorite music from towns, battles, or events and etc.. that you like?

I can't tell mine as I don't have it yet, but I will soon!

Last edited by MichaelW on Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm inordinately fond of the boss battle theme and I thought Na Nal Island's muzik was quirky.

Oh yeah, and props to the Treasure hunting and Lottery muziks.
Meruhesae

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One word: Ted. Getting a little more of his backstory, and getting to play with the Soul Eater again was the best part of the game, in my opinion. I was beyond giddy when I first found out he'd be in the game, and just as happy when I learned he'd been given Luc's star. Although, I was kind of disappointed that the spell animations for the Soul Eater were kind of... boring? Not just the Soul Eater though, all of the spells this time around weren't as pretty as the other games. But I do love the soundtrack of the game, fell in love with it as early as watching the first trailer that was released. But Ted was my favorite part of the game.
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To Meruhesae, I meant music themes. You mgiht've though I meant events. :P
Tenko Star

3128 Potch
112 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first ocean background music (when you're sailing around before you get the HQ ship), the normal battle theme, the battle victory theme, the music in Middleport and Pirates Island are my favorites.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't noticed the music too much yet because I usually play epic power and viking metal on my stereo which drowns out the TV volume. The epic music fits perfectly with the game though. :D
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Goblin Phonologist

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Themes. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a lot of music that I like in this game, but the ones that stand out to me are Iluya's and Obel's.

And the one that I really enjoy is the Hermitage Island theme. Man, the first eight bars are awesome.
You find a Stack of Old Records.
You find a Broken Turntable.
You find 12 pieces of Goblin Chocolate.
Kuromimi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are a few that really stood out for me, and of course, Etienne doesn't play a single one.

1.) The song played during the intro credits
2.) The song played while on the exile ship
3.) The one on one battle themes (includes Mitsuba's)
4.) The naval battle theme
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The song in the confessional room is pretty.

And the song they play during Duals is quite extravagent.
RubiRubi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The best music was when the ship was launchded that song just spells Suikoden.
Suikomaniac

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Intro. It got stuck in my head. And Ted and learning the background f antoher True rune.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved all the music in this game, but after 43 hours thus far, the HQ and overworld themes are pretty stale. If I have to sail around a bit, I usually mute my TV. I'm glad to say that the music is definitely an upgrade over III (which to me was one of the biggest weaknesses).

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Rocky

Harmonian Paramilitary Spearmen Corps

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-Loading screens.
-Duels are really appealing, visually. They need more than one possibility per pair though (ie Guard vs Wild Attack shouldn't have one animation per battle)
-Going back to a more Suikoden 1 style I enjoyed. The battle system was great if you ask me. Took out a lot of complications and made the game a little smoother. Kind of off-set by the random encouter rate and so much ship travelling.

Er wtf. I just wrote all that then realised by "themes" you mean "music", and not so much "themes" haha. Okay okay let me just start over, and not waste what I typed above either =P

-Intro is really catchy, I rather like it.

-Duel theme is another one I like.. Feels kind of intense, gives the situation a little bit more emotion

-The music during the credits. It sounds like a variation of La Passione La Commuove Storia. If you listen hard, you'll recognize what I'm talking about (if you're a big Suikoden music fan and remember it from Suiko II anyway). Maybe it was just me though.

-Music while sailing wasn't bad, but ruined by being attached to the annoyance of 1) time taken sailing, 2) random battles. Now the music just associated with pain >.<

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kakeru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well music in intro's was always the strongest part of the whole music part in Suikoden games. Same goes for Suikoden 4 - La Mar was awsome... not as good as in Suikoden 2 or 3 but it was great. Connfesion music was also good, but that is it when it comes to me. Rest of the music wasn't bad but it wasn't something that I could keep in my mind for few days.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the Nay and the Major Battle theme.

And i abbsolutely loved the theme when your collecting people to get on your ship.

The rest of the music was god but i liked these the best.

I also liked doing major battles they were fun too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: