Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Banner Competition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i like it as well; it feels more appropriate for a banner *although i like shrew's motto better.*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
Hm. Any Japanese speakers care to help me out though? I don't recognize one ji. Un-named Something Country?

Well, I'm still learning Japanese but the "something" means "all" or "various." So, I guess the banner literally says "all un-named countries." If I'm off, someone please correct me.

Stijgende Zielen

53473 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Close. It means Nameless Lands. It's Goldmember's idea to put that ^_^
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well yes, that much I knew; look at my post again. My point is, what is the -literal- translation? Un Named Something Country. If the Something is "all" or "various" I suppose it then it forces a plural here, that there are a multitude of unnamed nations.
Midori

Stijgende Zielen

53473 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoops. Maybe I need an extra pair of glasses :P
If my dictionary is correct, the 2nd last character means various/several/many. So you and FF6sage got it right :)
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tch, Midori! I don't know, you just can't get the Nameless Lands fanartists like you used to!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh dear... The Namless Lands use of kanji is... amazing... Oh well... We'll just have to do better in the Grasslands... Okay? At least i can type kanji as well... So...

がんばって ね、 みんな!

EDIT: Actually, I just wrote down some hiragana... No kanji here... But you do get my point... It means "Keep your chin up/Good Luck, everyone" literally... Just too keep everyone's spirits in this Banner composition that SARSadmin has made on a whim... :D

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks VikiExtremist, but i don't know if there is a banner for the City States of Jowston. It looks like there are examples put in, but nothing official. We don't seem to have that much nation spirit. :(

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are we going to do this again anytime soon?
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starshie wrote:
Thanks VikiExtremist, but i don't know if there is a banner for the City States of Jowston. It looks like there are examples put in, but nothing official. We don't seem to have that much nation spirit.

Hold on! this is Jowston banner, not official actually, people had agree about using it but the leader had not give response :

It's a fancy banner made by an idiot (me), the onasake.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wrong banner my friend. The banner competition here states they have to be 150 in height and 200 in width.

That may be a national banner, but it can't work for this competition.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That banner is real pretty though. Good job!!! Seriously.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
Thanks VikiExtremist, but i don't know if there is a banner for the City States of Jowston. It looks like there are examples put in, but nothing official. We don't seem to have that much nation spirit. :(

Now now, you don't need to be so down about it, nothing builds up a stat of urgency like losing your capital. :lol: Kidding, kidding.

Seriously, though...you'd best be served by perhaps nominating one of your users to be the caretaker of your nation's culture and such...of course if you have several active members who care about it then it won't help much, but one person can indeed make a difference in this regard.

I'm totally stumped with all this Japanese talk, BTW, so I'm just going to slowly fade away from this topic now. *fades*

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
That banner is real pretty though. Good job!!! Seriously.

Why, thank you...

As for the competition, I thought this is over? so I post my huge banner only to show that there's still someone in Jowston that's pretty care about their nation's culture :D . just kidding fellow Jowstonian. :D

Lunarblde wrote:
I'm totally stumped with all this Japanese talk, BTW

BTW Lunny, Onasake means 'Shameful' and my regiment's name, Makeinu means 'Looser Dog' :mrgreen:

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onasake is "pity" or "compassion."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: