Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Interesting/ Original Weapon in Suikoden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to go out on a limb and the Taia Sword and Star Dragon Sword are pretty unique. Not necessarily unique as swords, but in the method that Victor uses them. His stance with them and the way he swings the swords is very unique, the underhanded uppercut if you will. Victor's stance is also an insight into his character which I like a lot. This stance offers virtually no defense which mirrors Victor's personality, Conifdent and Reckless. That's my two cents (I know Im gonna get beaten for actually choosing the weapon that was in the example). Ohhh, and I almost forgot the Star Dragon Sword is the best becuse it talks to u. LOLOLOLOL

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Nekomancer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:
Gremio's hatchet always made me laugh. It made me think of crazed axe murderers, and Raskolnikov. And that is so not Gremio. Irony is lovely.

That made my day Shrew. You make me want to draw that so badly.

TheStrategist wrote:
I would have to say either Nash's Grosseur Flux or Jacques' Giant Bow Gun. Even though it didn't take off that much, I loved using Baranda Hawk....Also, why is Geddoe's sword named Geese. He is such a badass to have a sword name like that...

I think bow guns are called crossbows but I could be wrong on that.
As for the geese comment, you have obviously never been near a goose's nest or goslings. They attack anything including people that they feel are threatening their young. Sure they look cute but they can be quite dangerous. As in you have to get lots of stitches dangerous. As big a blow to my pride as it is to say this, I'm talking from expierience here. In conclusion geese=badass

ChiByakko wrote:
Well, I liked Tuta's pebble, just because I really enjoyed seeing him throw "pebbles" to fight. It really made you feel patheticly level-1-like at the beginning of the game having that character as a comrade. I still enjoyed it. I'm odd like that. But it wasn't a useful weapon, except that while the damage Tuta did was barely better than Luc's physical attack, at least he was long distance, so he could survive a little better in combat. That assumes someone other than me was crazy enough to want to level him as much as I did...

But more deffinately Nina's books. unique, yes, but effective too. That unite attack was quite useful for much of the game.

And as far as weapon with a presence, Landis' giant pole-arm-scyth is darned impressive. In gameplay, it's a decent weapon with attack power of around 240 at max. (there are stronger weapons at around 250 and maybe more, but 240 isn't bad. Star Dragon Sword is actually 240 max too.) But looking at the weapon design is wonderful. It has 3 blades. the standard scyth is almost as long a landis is, the end of the staff it's on has a spear tip, and there's an axe blade facing away from the scyth. I think it looks pretty impresive. I'd feel quite in-charge holding that thing. ^_~

Don't feel bad, Tuta was even in my party when I went up against Luca, he was damn fun to watch. I also agree with what an amazing weapon Landis's scythe was. I don't agree however, about feeling in-charge while holding it. I'd be scared that I'd drop it on myself, or poke out an eye. On another note, you wouldn't know where I could find a picture of it do you? I can't seem to locate one.

Futch wrote:
Well in my humble opinion the weirdest weapon of them all is Simone's (From Suikoden II) Roses.

In my entire gaming experience I have never seen any character use flowers as a weapon, so that is at least for me VERY original, the fact that he also throws them in a most certain "unique" way mesmerizes me as well.

He must truly be a "Master Florist" to make that kind of Damage with a Rose, after seeing him make all that mayhem I understood the risk of underestimating the torns of the roses!

You didn't watch Sailor Moon growing up did you? There was a man in a mask and a tuxedo (I can not remember his name though, it's been a good ten years since I've last watched it) that was always throwing roses around at enemies.

Lastly, my vote is for Branky. Come on, who else attacks with a puppet? Mr. Rogers? It shouldn't be scary but it is. Especially that creepy thing.

Lunar Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nekomancer wrote:
You didn't watch Sailor Moon growing up did you? There was a man in a mask and a tuxedo (I can not remember his name though, it's been a good ten years since I've last watched it) that was always throwing roses around at enemies.

His name was Tuxedo Mask.

Though I've only played Suikoden 1 and 2 and read some of the manga of 3, one of the coolest weapons I've seen is Kasim Hazil's sword. Yes there's many swords in the Suikoden series, but his is the only one that I've seen thats the closest to a scimitar.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Besides the unique weapons that have already been mentioned (Nanami/Hero 5's three-section-staff and the Chef's cooking appliances), I am a big fan of Yoshino and Sanae Y's weapon, the naginata.

I read the history behind this weapon and apparently the naginata is a popular weapon among women; training with the naginata reflected virtues associated with women of the samurai class. During the Edo period wives of the samurai were expected to have capability to wield the naginata in order to protect their homes and children when their husbands were away at war.

Yoshino and Sanae Y. are the only characters in the Suikoden universe who wield this weapon and is one of the reasons they are my favorite characters who I often had in my party.

Statistically, Yoshino is more adept to combat than her wimpy husband, hahaha.
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Smirn wrote:
Clive's Sturm.

It's not really a spectacular sight to see being used in battle - although in the original it looked much more like a shotgun blast when fired, which is cool - but it's clouded in mystery. Rumors about it having a Rune with an own will dwelling inside or it being the gun version of the Star Dragon Sword peak my interest in the history of this gun.

I knew someone was going to beat me to it.

In Suikoden one, and world of swords, bows and shields... Clive enters the war very late armed with a shotgun, the first time I saw that I was like WTF this guy is crazy!

In Suikoden two, the "shotgun" got turned into a "rifle" type, where you clearly see him aim that thing. He also can take multiple shots in a couple seconds, which I don't believe is possible with a shotgun.

That, and the whole Rune thing, makes Clive crazy-interesting... as far as some 500-odd characters by now are considered.

Leader of the Dragon Company

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought in Suikoden I Clive's gun was more like a Blunderbuss....?

I though Hai Yo's Wok was pretty creative. Also, someone used a wrench in Suikoden I correct. Pure Gold. Oh, and Blackman used a Spade didn't he? That was unique.

Err....Oh, Gabocha's slingshot, I never get tired of watching him slay hundreds of Well-trained Highland soldiers with a....slingshot.

Oh and...Ace's...Sai I think they were called in game, were damn cool too.

"True peace is impossible. Only an illusion of
peace exists in the superficial calm of our lives.."
Hoodman

Saruzin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ace's sais and Clive's gun were great I like SII Riou's Tonfas and Jowys weapon is definitely a throwback to Tir but hey like I always say two swords rules(Killey in SII) but if you want strange weapons check out SV that one is full of Chakrams, Three-piece rods, Naginatas, 4-sided crossbows and three sided boomerangs.

-There is neither a more trustworthy ally nor fearsome foe than you, Your Highness
- Shula Valya

-Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie - Shu
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ramenNrice

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would like tir and rious weapon since it really stands out the most . oh , and yes of course ! jowys weapon as well.. haha i like it just because of its animation and such, especially on the unite attacks . and geoge weapon since i love the way he slashes the oponent , he slashes it as though its the end of the battle ^_^ . but best of all is harukis weapon! my is she the best! i just love the way she multi attacks with her katana , and its pretty much the most original since we all know that back in the day on japan , you see katanas everywhere .haha :*laugh*:
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The most interesting and original weapon has to be Simone Verdricci's rose. I mean, come on... who else would fight with a freakin' rose in a war? Who else would fight the Beast Rune and Luca Blight with a flower as a weapon? No one else but Simone Verdicci! It certainly is hilarious if you ask me. But the best part about it is that you actually get to upgrade the rose with the help of a blacksmith! Now that's something never been done before: A blacksmith forging a rose to be used as a weapon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: