Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Interesting/ Original Weapon in Suikoden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True Suikoden has the popular ideas especially unique weapons--considering the Stars of Destiny were chosen for their uniqueness

Anywise, I'll have to choose Nanami's weapon as the most interesting one considering it looks good and the strenght depends on your speed and aggresiveness. Nash's Glosser Fluss seems original but no thoughts came to me yet--officially..... :?
Scherazade

Destiny

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always like the variety of weapons seen in the Suikoden games. I was especially pleased to see Riou's tonfas (an okinawan weapon), Nanami's three sectional staff (a chinese weapons) and Jowy's Bo or Jo staff (I can't tell which one he used).

Other favorite weapons are the Star Dragon Sword, Killey's daggers, Sierra's Full Moon, Clive's gun (forgot the name) Landis' scythe, and the weapon used by the Harmonian's in Suikoden III.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

and the weapon used by the Harmonian's in Suikoden III.

yup thats why i also like s3 coz of the weapon of those soldiers. the tonfar of riou and glosser fluss of nash. killey's night/shade of course my bodyguard clive for his sturm and the star dragon sword for always pickin on viktor hehe! i like the way they spat at each other so humorous! :lol:

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aren't those Halberds? I adore Halberds. The Duck Clan use them too. I really like Rhett kicking ass with his four swings.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned those HUGE swords from Suikoden IV. I thought it was pretty interesting, especially when an elf and a teenager wields it!

Rita and Belle's weapons were pretty interesting. Yes, they're hammers, but the way they are designed... they look like those little plastic hammer toys little kids have. Then to have Belle use the Comet Rune with that hammer.... :shock:

I'll put the twin swords in here as well. Not really original like only Suikoden had them, but it was refreshing to have some people have swords, but not use them the standard "one-handed hack" thing.

The magic rings were also pretty great. Like VikiFanatic has mentioned, it was good that they gave magicians a different weapon instead of the stereotypical rod or staff. Only the "elite" magicians (Luc, Sasarai, Estella) wielded them, but still...

And the others have already mentioned Nanami's three-piece rod, Riou's tonfa, and Nina's book belt anyway, so there's no need for me to mention them. Oh wait....
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highwind wrote:

Aren't those Halberds? I adore Halberds. The Duck Clan use them too. I really like Rhett kicking ass with his four swings

I love you highwind! :mrgreen:
SuikoCrimson

The Lion Hearted

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Star Dragon Sword.

The only sentient and talking sword exist. It is the reincarnation of the Night Rune and it is known to kill vampires and monsters.

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

halberdier wrote:
Highwind wrote:

Aren't those Halberds? I adore Halberds. The Duck Clan use them too. I really like Rhett kicking ass with his four swings

I love you highwind! :mrgreen:

I said I love HALBERDS, not halberdIERS. The only halberdiers I love are Rhett and Lorelai. Besides, you still owe me twenty fresh eggs. :x

I forgot to add Sierra's weapon. What is it, really?
Scherazade

Destiny

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, and I was also a fan of Amada's weapon in Suikoden II. It is called an oar but the weapon is actually an Okinawan weapon called a Kai Bo (I wonder if the creators themselves knew about it or if it was just a coincidence). Trust me, you do not want to be hit with the flat part of a Kai Bo or the edge of it. It hurts... a lot.
Pepe

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the Star Dragon Sword had the most personality, making it most interesting :D but who didn't love leveling up and fighting with antonio's frying pans in S1 in one of those "do everything you can" playthroughs? Or Mel with her wolf puppet (what was its name?) I like the humor that Konami puts into its characters and fighting like that :lol:

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Branky was my favorite; the only weapon besides the Star Dragon Sword to have a personality :D. I also loved Hugo's smaller sword, and McDohl's staff. Hugo's "sword" was very cultural, and definitely added to his already-cool character design. McDohl is one of the only heroes in the genre to wield a staff, and he made a cool mage :D.

I must say, the weapons is one of my favorite parts of the Suikoden series. The only game to have better weapons was Shadow Hearts: Covenant (you can't beat a puppet, fan, random big objects, and a floating Easter egg!).

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my favourite was prolly Kahn's a mysterious shadow object in his cloak pretty cool other favourites also include Rious Tonfa and Tir's "Bo" Stick and u gtta love Hix's with its abnormal handguards and strange blade its almost as if he forged it himself
LOL
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always liked the duck weapons. They look like fish. I also like Riou's tonfas because tonfas are the coolest. I like Nash's uh....thing that he uses. Does anyone know what his weapon is because I can't really tell. II thought it was throwing knives, but it's hard to tell.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they're throwing knives that are shot out of a launcher on Nash's forearm.

I always found Killey's weapons the most interesting, officially they're clubs but in the game they look clearly like swords/daggers, plus with names like Shadow, Shade and Night they're automatically cool. Gretchen's (who was the tenbi star like Killey) last sword was the Night Sword too. I also liked Riou's Tonfas and Jowy's Quaterstaff because they were simple weapons put ended up causing a lot of damage.
Orion the Mage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about Landis from S3, and his scythe. I thought that was a pretty awesome weapon, it would have helped if he had of used it more skillfully.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Byrch wrote:
I also always wanted to put a poison rune on karens weapon, just so she would have poisoned infected nails.heh.

Karen's nails have an non-removable *Sleep rune attached... that in itself is bizarre, sure she dances which could be so mystifying that the enemy falls asleep, yet she IS scratching them! oO

I have to say I didn't like the weapons of the heroes in Suikoden 3/4. Suikoden heroes by personality try to save everyone rather than killing, and having a blunt weapon inherantly goes with that quality, they can beat people without killing them. This seems a lot less convincing with Chris/Geddoe/Hugo/Lazlo. Some of them like Chris it is understandable why she uses a sword, yet it still doesn't seem right for a Suikoden hero.

I'm happy that GS5 is returning to having a blunt weapon hero.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: