Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Interesting/ Original Weapon in Suikoden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

and then setting the laundry on fire then the enemy gets burnt! Or lightning for that :D.

Hix's sword animation was sloooow in Suikoden 1 but so was Pessy's. I was like "the enemy could've dodged"

I still don't understand why fisherman don't use fishing rods. Stick the hook right in their eyes. :D

Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I loved the really wacky ones already mentioned, but to bring something new to the topic:

Squirrel 'buckets' - Sure they don't technically HAVE a weapon, but the whole head bouncing was brilliant, especially when they put a bucket on your head to reduce accuracy!! That's the best! ^_^

Karen's 'Black Nails' - the very idea of scratching someone to death... plus she doesn't wear shoes, and in her Twin Ring combo there are some kicks!! o_O Sharpened toenails anyone..?

Also Mina uses a 'shawl' in the first game, though I can't say I remember how she attacks with it. I would like to see the wet laundry attack too!

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sarah could grind some poor schmucks face across a washing board. Or she could take him down to the river and lay him over some rocks and beat him with a big ol' stick. Now that's an old school laundry ass kicking if i ever saw one!
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually you can use Sarah in battle but I don't remember what she used. I just remember that you could stick her in your party.

The squirrel buckets amazed me. When I was playing Gensui 1 for the first time and they stuck the bucket on viktor, I was like "WOAH wait. What the hell are you doing Viktor!?" and I thought it was a status thing or an armour and I was just going nuts over the bucket.

I swear Hai Yo's wok was pretty interesting to watch sometimes.

KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe Sarah used a dart-type weapon, like she threw boring knives or something.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the rings that some mages used in S3. It was a refreshing change from the wands and staffs which are usual "givens" when it comes to mage weapons.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:
You mean like kama? http://kobudo.okinawa.free.fr/weapons/kama/
Try Guilty Gear or Samurai Warriors to see it used.

No, you are mistaken. What Marshmallow really meant was the kusari-gama. A kusari-gama is a kama attached to a weighted chain.

Pictures and desctriptions here: http://home.online.no/~rogelia/kusarigama.html

Also, Nanami's weapon is known as a sansekkon staff, commonly referred to here as a three-section staff.

As for my favorite weapons in the Suiko series, I'd have to go with Riou's Tonfas. They are highly entertaining to use and unique in style. While most people believe tonfas were designed to be purely defensive, they are misguided. While they are greatly defensive, tonfas are still declared as offensive weapons.

Pictures and description here:
http://tkdtutor.com/15Weapons/Offensive/Tonfa.htm

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.

Last edited by Raze on Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sarah definitely used knives in Suikoden I. I know this because every time I play through the game she is in my party. :D

My favorite weapon in the series...Either Rina's tarot cards or Lorelai's scythe.

Tarot cards are just very unique, and fit her perfectly, whereas scythes in general are just awesomeness. :)

The trend toward sword using main characters is the only thing that's disappointed me about the third and fourth Suikodens.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow Wand - |Viki's weapon has a unique structure that changes every game. But there's an omnipresent hollow sphere holder at the top.

Book Belt - I also agree that it is unique!!! It's the most unique and usable weapon by any student! I actually do own a bookbelt. I hope to use it sometime! The most hilarious and most interesting weapon Konami ever made!

Rapier - Yup... Valeria's rapier has a unique design... Unless it's actually a saber... I can't seem to see it that well.

Tarot Cards - Rna's weapon is VERY unique. I can't see how physics would make it fly that way. But that would be interesting...

Rings - usually, magic users use staves or wands. But rings are a unique curve.

Claws - Claws are unique as well... Though Kasumi's claws are especially made for ninjas... Pretty good...

Nails - Karen uses her nails? That's also my favorite... I have nails like hers... Deadly... XD

Moon Power - Sierra's ability to use the power of the Moon as the weapon is amazing.... :shock:

Three Segment Nunchaku - Nanami's three part nunchaku is very unique. Not many use this because two is easier to handle...

Puppet - Mel's Branky is very unique... Hitting an enemy with a deranged wolf puppet is really an interesting idea.

Duck Halberd - Now that's unique....

Those are what i think as very interesting weapons... not all of themmm but these are what i remember so far... :mrgreen:

Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wok: Hai Yo's wok was an unusual weapon. I believe Lester and Antonio used pans in battle as well, but I don't remember.

Book Belt: Oh yeah, that was fun to watch. Poor Nina getting a headache...

Fists: There's something about watching Oulan attack that makes me frightened of her. The fist attacks in S4 were also interesting.

Suffice to say, the MOST interesting weapon I've seen doesn't hail from the Suikoden series, but from Thousand Arms, where Nelsha uses a dinky pin and pokes her enemy to death.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marshmallow wrote:
In response to Kobold: I believe Nanami's weapon is called a segmented rod.

And Twaikin uses a shovel . . . which is pretty interesting since he has a unique counter attack with it; he scoops up dirt and throws it at the enemy.

Another weapon that I always found interesting is Kahn's Shadowbane. What exactly is it? I believe it's a trident, but you only see it when he attacks, which makes me wonder where he keeps the thing.

If you notice it only looks like a trident when he does a critical, all other times it looks like a regular sword or spear...I'll go investigate it now :D

I must also say that I found the Lizard clans weapons to be pretty unique, although they are reminiscient of halberds they seem to have qualities of their own. There is also the fact that they are quite effective in battle.
Inactive07

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ninjar wrote:
Marshmallow wrote:

Another weapon that I always found interesting is Kahn's Shadowbane. What exactly is it? I believe it's a trident, but you only see it when he attacks, which makes me wonder where he keeps the thing.

If you notice it only looks like a trident when he does a critical, all other times it looks like a regular sword or spear...I'll go investigate it now :D

Ok, I thought I was the only one that noticed Kahn's shadowbane got extra blades on a crit.Glad Im not crazy.
I must say, beating people with a wok ala Hai Yo would be awesome.
Everyone seems to have forgotten about Amada from S2. C'mon, he uses an oar! Thats savagely hardcore. Could you imagine getting hit in the face with an oar?
I also always wanted to put a poison rune on karens weapon, just so she would have poisoned infected nails.heh.
But I think my favorite is Killey. Just for the fact that he is like " Im an adventurer that has been all over the world looking in ancient ruins and have a nifty red suit and I will beat the crap out of you with two glorified sticks."I love that guy.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I were to get hit in the face by an I oar..I would cry from shame or pain. Not sure which one.
Deirdre

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nanami's weapon is a three section staff, thats what it is, its not a nunchaku

the two are actually very opposite in theory, the three section staff is applied mainly using counters/locks, while the nunchaku is almost purely offensive. Nunchakus are actually slow weapons (very hard to weild unless you know what your doing), the flashy crap you see in movies is purely for flare, using the high grip close to the rope/chain..... they are actually held towards the bottom of the nunchaku and use long, exaggerated blows, must like the medieval flail because of the recoil factor, therefor if you do not go THROUGH your point of impact (as in your body moves by the target) the nunchaku will give you a nice snap in your forearm or elbow and of course :oops:

The tonfa momentum spin is for flare as well, it somewhat builds momentum but striking that way gives just as much, impact as a normal swing/spin of a tonfa, I would also like to note that Rious are WAY big, normal length is suppopsed to meet your elbows, his go far beyond

Anyways I like his character + tonfas the best, very original

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So you want the ultimate weapon...
presenting....
Lord Hai yo's wok!
imagine beating the likes of lucia and the bone dragon with his mighty unique weapon!
if not for that wok, the dunan army will surely starve to death and highland will win!
and i bet that secret recipe is making the mighty wok stronger and stronger and stronger... hehehe
and i also like nina's book belt!
Ha ha ha ha! Power to the wok and the book belt! He he he he
you know what they say!
"Knowledge is power!"

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: