Suikoden Unique and Informational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How to grow good mushrooms/mints
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: How to grow good mushrooms/mints Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mushrooms and Mints can heal your MP in Suikoden 4, but are very rare. However, you can grow them in your ship once you get Mao and Nao recruited.

They ask you how you want to grow them, asking what sort of humidity, lighting, aerating, and fertilization you want to give. It usually takes about three steps (each taking about 5 minutes) before you can have a finished product.

Depending on your choice, you will get various types of mushrooms or mints (Mao for mushrooms, Nao for mints), but most of the time they have side-effects, such as causing confusion, poison, etc. However, there is a way to always get the best one that has no side-effects. It's simple, just choose the first choice for everything when asked for humidity, lighting, etc. After you do that, you will always get a "Mushroom" or a "mint" without any side-effects.

I recommend focusing on mints though, because they heal more MP than mushrooms.

Also, by favoring mints, you will trigger the mushroom vs mint war event every three cycle, which is fin. If you win the war, you will get a "Mixed Herb" which completely heals your MP.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This looks fun! I can't wait 'til i get it! Gardening in Suikoden like you've never seen...

kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I truly don't understand it, I got one mushroom, I forgot which one, I don't want to name it after a Bahamut Lagoon Mushroom. that would look dumb.

what does 3 cycles mean? 3 battles? 3 times in and out of somthing?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

3 mushrooms or 3 mints grown.
Marth

Pancake Masters

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:

what does 3 cycles mean? 3 battles? 3 times in and out of somthing?

For me it meant three battles, But I only did one battle every time The guy said "they are in their devolpment stage Etc. " I dunno if that helps.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got one from a box, otherwise I'd talk to the guy, he tells me "how the're doing", but then he wants me to say how I want to grow them. just after the progress was just ducky. so I messed up?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mine just keeps asking me about humidity and never gives me squat. Or for that matter, I've never gottne any mints grown. Why in heaven's name do they stay in the same room together if they despise one another so much?

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because it's funny.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hahah...Harukaze swiped the words right out of my mouth.

anway I got one Mysterious Mint! it sounds....funky.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1128479 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Emissary Peregrine, you've never gotten any of the mints which were grown? When they're ready, they appear as a shining dot on the table in the center of the room. After the Mint/Mushroom war, it becomes a Mixed Herb if you win. (which really isn't too difficult)

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've also only gotten one mushroom and one mint; it seems I'm never in there when I should, or maybe they naturally rot on the table or something.
Even though Harukaze had told me about the war, I gave up on it quickly. Bit of a shame, but since I had 3 mixed herbs for the last fight I was cool with it.
Atavaka

Werewolf Brigade

Location: Fort Retto, which just got a Senseo Cappucino Maker ^_^
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I've grown both mints and mushrooms about 6 times each... Unfortunately, I didn't figure out that you had to do three in a row to get the battle until the last three times I grew mushrooms. For some reason, the mushrooms seriously outnumbered the mints, which makes me think that I might've grown more shrooms... but who knows.

Also, I got regular mushrooms by choosing all seconds, too. The only undeviating sequence that hasn't yielded a good mushroom for me is all third choices.

Mints appear to be different. I think I got a bad mint once by choosing all seconds.

Has anyone else discovered any other combinations that work? Also, does anyone know if the size of the armies in the battles reflects how many you actually grow?
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played 7 times the Mint versus Mushroom mini-game,and i got Mixed Herbs every time.Though,i had to do this first:

Ask for mushrooms,and make this sequence: 3/1/3/3/3 (the numbers represent the answers that you must give).I did this process 3 times and the third time the mini -game began.

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Marth

Pancake Masters

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those Little Mini Games are the coolest. They are just like Suikdoen 1 war battles :) I was wondering wh ywould they even put mushrooms that hurt you in this game. I made a Slince mushroom but i could only use it on me, Then i got a Bucket Mushroom. Its really weird.
suikoguild

Magicians With Attitude

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What is the best combo !?!?!? Too bad nobody made an FAQ regarding this! I didn't know about the Mints until the end. In the beginning the guy was still setting up his workshop!
Too bad We can't have them grow it together ! ! :twisted: That would be awesome ! !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: