Suikoden United and Illusional Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Naruto
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol I guess I'd rather not see it go that long.

386 anyone? ^^

spoilers Alright, so if I ever had any kind of concept of Itachi having a justified reason to kill off the Uchiha clan, it's long gone. After that little speal about eye harvesting and all the insane laughter, I'm pretty sure he's a few shades of crazy. I guess I can't say I'm all that surprised, but I was expecting a bit more out of his character I guess.

I suppose I can still be less than impressed by him and continue to like the younger Uchiha. I'll like the emo over the nutjob, k thanks.
/spoilers

What did everyone else think?

-My DeviantArt-

Last edited by Elzamine on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spoilers

I was surprised a bit, i though madara and itachi had a different reasont than the one expalined by itachi. I was surprised with the fact that madara controlled the nine beast i was not aware of that and now itachi realy seems to be the ideal enemy someone that would do anything to obtain power and he is even trying to be stronger than madara

As for the episodes its slow paced again if this keeps on going i woldent watch the anime anymore probly just read the manga.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The anime is moving more slowly than my dead grandma. That "special" a while back was at least 30 minutes of just watching the characters stare at each other. It's really starting to annoy me. Very little dialogue and very little action. It's just a lot of nothing, really. Very disappointing.

What's going through their heads? "Hm, we've been staring at Naruto for five minutes, let's check on everyone else and make sure they're still there....*10 minutes later* yup they're still alive, but let's watch Naruto some more, he might do something....*another 10 minutes* nope, but he's still scary...."

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its called the DBZ effect, if the characters don't spend at least a week standing there powering up they're clearly not committed to the fight blah blah etc

Basically the Naruto anime went into fillers and there is now like twice as much filler as story... so its not getting better anytime soon.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Concerning Chapter 386, in response to Elza and Shikator, here are my comments on it:
*SPOILER* Well, we get to see more about Itachi and the secret of the Mangekyou Sharingan. I was hoping that Itachi would have a somewhat more altruistic agenda in mind, though. But who knows, he could be lying, and is hoping for Sasuke to get stronger by letting him kill him, right? Right? Well, at least I got to see a different emotion from Itachi other than looking bored.

I was interested in finding out the name of the clan that the Shodaime hailed from. And it seems that there was only two founders of the Leaf Village. I really want to know more about how the Leaf Village came to be some 80 years ago. That seems to be a story worthy of being told, IMO.
*END SPOILER*

Yeah, the naruto Shippuden episode was nothing worth watching, especially if you read the manga, like most of us here. And i didn't know that it was called the DBZ effect, though i can understand why it would be called so. I of course noticed that they did this for Bleach a little bit as well, but i found it more understandable considering it's precarious situation. I'm guessing that the producers of the anime are getting fat from the huge Naruto fandom and letting it get to their heads.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any thoughts on the newest chapter? I'm expecting another genjutsu. Or perhaps I'm just hoping for it. ^^

-My DeviantArt-
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same here. It's got to be another genjutsu, or at least a kawarimi jutsu, involving snakes, since that's just him nowadays. But a wicked side of me is curious to see what would actually happen if it really does happen. Hey, it can help build character...

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spoilers for recent "manga"

It's obviously one of those "O-No gang scobby is in trouble!" where you know the hero will get out of it, I've noticed bad things never happen over two chapters with a cliffhanger. Bad things happen over several chapters or suddenly like when Jiraiya lost his arm or Lee is hurt for a while by Garra.

End.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well.. spoilers It wasn't quite what I expected, but Sasuke made it out of it anyway, thus far. Of course noooow they're going to get serious. At least I can justify the reasoning behind this fight being long, since there's been so much hype for it. I don't want Sasuke to die, but I don't know what outcome I want in this fight.

Milan and I were talking and he mentioned wanting Madara to show up and try to kill them both, and I think I like that idea best.

Really, I wouldn't mind seeing some of what Naruto and company are doing against Tobi.

Guess we'll just have to wait until this week

/spoilers-

-My DeviantArt-
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i didn't see the Shippuden episode, since i downloaded a whole lot last week and had to conserve for the quota. But i did read the manga chapter. And here's my thoughts on it:

*SPOILERS*Well, i thought that i was wrong at the beggining, but it turned out that i was right, sort of. Have to admit, it fooled me good. Well, i was forgetting the Naruto/Tobi and the Kisame/Suigetsu fights, because truth be told, i am finding this one very interesting. I would like to see what's coming up next.

I'm guessing that from the story, Madara mastered the Mangekyou Sharingan, but his brother attained Amaterasu, and with that, Madara learned how to use the Amaterasu, and so he was able to teach Itachi both Sharingan "modes". But this is all speculation.
*END SPOILER*

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just thought that i would BUMP this thread, since the Bleach one got revived. But really, what's there to discuss?

There's apparently that new Naruto movie about Sky Ninjas. Does anyone care? I stopped caring to see any Naruto movie for about 3 years or so.

Oh, and a warning: The next few paragraphs will contain spoilers. Again, you have been warned!

The anime's gone back to the main plot, which is good. Story was still going slow, But i'm interested in seeing Shikamaru and Asuma fight the two Akatsuki members. Hopefully it'll be as good as the finale of the Sakura/Chiyo vs. Sasori fight.

As for the manga, I was surprised at how short the Sasuke/Suigetsu/Juugo/Karin vs. Killerbee fight was. It took about how much, 5 chapters worth? Maybe it's because Sasuke's gotten that much powerful.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't care too much about Naruto movies either. I've only seen one of them though.

I'm glad the the filler arc is over...it was really boring too me so I pretty much neglect it and remind myself it's not canon (or at least with the manga). I've been behind on the anime though, darn schoolwork! lol

[manga spoilers]
I was quite surprised at how short the fight was too, but it was no easy battle for Sasuke's troop. It it wasn't for the Ameratsu, they would've been done for. Was it just me or when Kirin caught on fire, she looked completely melted...may have just been a bad angle.
[/spoiler]
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ill be posting spoilers below.

Sasuke was not able to kill a healty orochimaru, he himself said that the outcome would have been different if he would have been healty or atlest able to walk. Itachi planned his death on his brother's hands so basically sasuke is still weak.

And to be honest, I hate this sasuke thing in shippudin eversince shippudin started its all about him.......and im ******* sick of it. and naruto is being to gay about sasuke this kind of relationship is unrealistic and i cant help but think that the producers love sasuke alot. or they are gay as well.

anyways, sorry if i said all those stuff, but i had to let it out. original naruto was so much different and a million times better.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, i know how you feel, Shikator. Actually, i remember reading in this one forum about whose better Naruto or Sasuke. The argument for Naruto was that Sasuke is a whiner who keeps on talking about revenge this and revenge that, and was being a total tool. And the arguement for Sasuke was that Naruto keeps on whinging about Sasuke leaving and being a little b!^c#.

And to Seraphblade, i'll have to read it again and get back to you on that one. BUt i don't recall it looking like that.
And for further discussion (SPOILERS)How do you think Naruto will utilise his sage energy? He's got to come up with his own new jutsu, shouldn't he? Like how he made that Rasen-Shuriken from his Elemental training. Or maybe he'll use it to control the Kyuubi chakra so he won't lose control. Or he'll make his own Hermit mode, similar to Jiraiya's. Any ideas? (END SPOILER)

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woooow, I come back to talk Naruto, and no one has touched the thread in months!

So, thoughts on the manga's current storyline?

***************SPOILERS*************************

Question: Kakashi done for good?
While he isn't my favourite charcter, I do like him a lot, and think he's a very important figure in the story. I've been a bit miffed ever since Jiraiya died.. I thought his death was timed poorly and all in all, wasn't that climatic, considering how important of a character he was. It did however, cause a turn in the storyline eventually, so I've been able to forgive it. The fight between Kakashi and Pain was even worse. I don't feel much happened, and if Kakashi dies now, a character that was amde out to be very strong, did virtually nothing. For someone who's Hokage level in skill, I believe he can do more. My gut feeling tells me he's not down for the count (I was right about Gaara when this feeling hit!) but I suppose it's all still up in the air. In the third, and latest data book, the author states that in chapters to come, we'll be informed of how Kakashi got his Mangekyou... This helps make me hopeful that he'll live through this for us to see,

Pain vs Tsunade?
A lot of people I've talked to are expecting her to die. I think it's expected that she will, and if she does die, it won't be surprising. I'm hoping the author decides to be a bit creative and have her survive through it. That said, I don't think she can actually beat Pain, but perhaps live long enough for an event to come up.. I expect her to take quite a beating regardless. I eventually expect Naruto to become Hokage by the end of the series, and I really think that Sasuke or someone will take out the current elders, so.. I think having Tsunade live to become one of the new elders, would be a nice plot closure. Or maybe she'll just die and it'll be completely unsurprising, hoo huum.

As for the series in general.. While there was a shit load of Sasuke focus in the time skip up until recently, I do think it's something that needed to be done. I feel it could have been paced better, but in the end, I think it'll be helpful with further plot development.

What did everyone think of the Itachi/Sasuke plotline? While I was a bit uncertain at first, I was really happy with the outcome. It was one of the most hyped fights of the series, so the author would have a hard time trying to please fans, I'm sure. I liked the route it went, and I was happy to see my predictions on how Itachi's true character would turn out were right.

I guess those are my thoughts for now. I'm hoping that we see some more fights with this invasion, it'd be nice to see some of the other characters do some stuff. I'm also wondering who'll show up before the end of this little invasion. We've got the Cloud team out there, killerbee, Sasuke's group, nutso Kabuto.. ^__^

-My DeviantArt-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 41 of 43

Jump to: