Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Naruto
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Naruto Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yar, I'm suprised to see nobody has even mentioned this godly anime series here. ^^ I don't really know what made this show so appealing to me, lots of anime series' have great music, characters, VA's... But I dunno, this one just seemed to take all of that to the next level. ^^ There's lots of comic sections, and lots of serious sections, and quite a few sentimental sections where, I seriously almost ended up crying. ^_^ Like parts of the manga where I just felt it was a sad event(Sarutobi's death); I ended up breaking down and crying when it happened in the anime. ;)

Meef, it's just an amazing series all around (I forgot to mention the best battles in any anime series to date, yes you stupid DBZ fans, they're better then that. ^^) so if you haven't seen it, here's the best source for all things Naruto: www.narutofan.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't been able to see the anime yet, but I'm enjoying the manga quite a bit. It was one of the series which I was looking forward to when Shonen Jump was launched.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like the new Avatar Elc, that isn't from .hack/sign is it? anyway back to the post, Naruto I was thinking of downloading that but I have a few questions about it...

1 - How many series is there overall for Naruto?

2 - What is the genre for it (aside from teenage ninjas)
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To answer your questions, (1) There's technically one series for Naruto, but if you want to know how many episodes have been released so far; just this earlier today episodes 116 and 117 were aired in a super double special. ^^ I expect the fan subbing to be done around noon tomorrow(atleast by Dattebyo) although I'm not alound to post the source for the fansubbed downloads here... (2) I suppose a safe genre to go with is a Fantasy that's set in a feudal Japan type setting, but here and there they'll show things like video cameras, and TVs, and refrigerators and stuff... So it's hard to pinpoint an exact genre to call it. But I'd say it's a Modern Fantasy set in a ancient Japan-ish setting. ;) And of course, full of ninjas.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, JNX. My previous avatar (Elk) was from .hack//SIGN, the bonus episode from the Limited Edition of the final volume. This one is Chrono from Chrono Crusade.

Though I read all of the titles in Shonen Jump, Naruto is one of the few which I don't put off. Right now, the manga is at the second part of the Junin exam in the Forest of Death with Orochimaru targeting Sasuke. As for the genre, I think an accurate description would be Action/Comedy.

Ever since the latest issue of Shonen Jump, I've been wondering if the translated manga is being editted at all for content (visual or otherwise) as in the latest chapters for Shaman King, the marijuana leaf on Yoh's t-shirt has been editted out. I found this odd since Shonen Jump is rated Teen.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Naruto Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
Meef, it's just an amazing series all around (I forgot to mention the best battles in any anime series to date, yes you stupid DBZ fans, they're better then that. ^^)

Funny you mention that, because Naruto is considered the DBZ of today...

All the way to the edge of this world
kagematsuri

Cannon Fodder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
Ever since the latest issue of Shonen Jump, I've been wondering if the translated manga is being editted at all for content (visual or otherwise) as in the latest chapters for Shaman King, the marijuana leaf on Yoh's t-shirt has been editted out. I found this odd since Shonen Jump is rated Teen.

I don't think it's being edited, but I haven't really taken a close look at the manga. I know it's not always being translated properly though, like calling the Byakugan the "evil eye."
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I'm not too sure if it's edited visually, considering I don't get the American Shonen Jump, though I do know the Japanese manga can be very bloody at points (Haku's death. O_o)Although something I do hate about the american release of the manga is that that translations are godawful. Viz does a horrible job translating the manga. I'd give you a few sites that have the manga translated much, much better, but I don't think I'm allowed on these forums. ;) There are other little things... like I think I remember them renaming all the ninja classes from he official names (Genin, Chuunin, Jounin, and the various Kages) to stupid things like 'Pathfinder', although I might be mistaken. I also heard they changed the names of the ninja techniques aswell. If you want I could PM you a good source for much better manga translations. ^^

Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is one of my favorite mangas out of shonen jump. I like Nuruto, he is my fovorite charicter his aditude is compulsive and funny.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read the manga, it's allright...nothing too special IMO. Enjoyable for a lark, though I can't see myself watching 100+ episodes of it :shock:

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
KonRei

The Sharingan Archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also like the anime Naruto!! Did you ever get the chance to play the game on PS2 Titled Naruto: Narutimate Hero and Narutimate Hero 2?

Today's angel are tomorrow's devil...fear it, live it, die with it... -Kon Rei
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never watch the anime but I always download the manga everytime it updated, and I think I really like the manga. It has a not so ordinary character development and a nice storyline. I wonder if the anime would be as good as the manga?
But I have heard the soundtrack from Naruto the Movie, "home sweet home" that sung by the former Judy and Mary vocalist Yuki. It's quite nice and I somewhat like it.

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

very good serie, naruto is funny,, hinata is too cuuuuute... :oops:
very good actiions scene, and references to many thing like .... GAMA BUNTA!!! he is soooo a cliche of hte japanese mafia.

hte only thing that bugs me in that anime is that half of it is flashback...so it tend to be.. a little... well i dunno but I still enjoyed it particularly the soundtrack and the fight.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, SChala, if you're a fan of the mnga the Anime is 20 times as good. Seriously. You must get it. ^_^

Gamabunta, the Frog Boss... he's so awesome... it's kinda neat how Naruto Sasuke and Sakura all end up being just like the Konoha Three... and they all even Spoilers: end up becoming their apprentices

I love the flash backs, provides alot of insight into the many, many, many, characters that Naruto has. The recent 'Kakashi Gaiden' was very cool. ^^

It's too hard to import games from Japan.... arg, If it wasn't so difficult and expensive I'd definitely own the two games.

Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm also a huge fan of the series. I didn't notice this thread before... As you can probably tell from my avatar and my username, I'm a fan of both Gaara and Orochimaru.

I'm such a huge freak, I know the names of every single character along with their last names, even those that appeared for like a second.

Also some might disagree on the anime being 20 times as good as the manga, I know a lot of people that prefer the manga, I myself prefer the anime but I'll admit the fillers do tend to piss me off. I don't mind filler arcs like the recent Rokusho Aoi filler, but I hate it when they add fillers tidbits in the anime. For instance, 64 fists of the Jyuuken style, that's Neji's ultimate move. In the anime they made it 128. That was downright annoying, another thing was during the Jiroubu fight, Kiba and Naruto attacked Jiroubu. That never happened in the manga, and Jiroubu attacked Kiba head on while Kiba was using Tsuga, that underrated the Tsuga, it'd normally have shred Jiroubu's hands into little pieces.

And in the American Shonen Jump and translations by Viz, the more accurate mistake you mentioned above Gil-galad would be they translated "chuunin" as ninja journeyman, not only that but with the release of the recent volume, they stated that the creator of Naruto manga was the same creator of Rurouni Kenshin... which it isn't. The creator of Naruto is Masashi Kishimoto.

As for the question asking for the genre, well there isn't a specific genre you can put on to it, it has a mix of everything like comedy, action, martial arts, adventure.

And also the only reason it might be called the DBZ of today would be in terms of popularity and how long the series has become.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 1 of 43

Jump to: