Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Beat'em'up animes and movies

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Beat'em'up animes and movies Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well now which video game-turned anime based on fighting games have you seen or movies of course? do you like it? what do you think?

*Edit to once again answer it myself...*

Well I have seen almost all that I have mentioned and will rate them and let you know what I think about the ones I have seen...

Tekken the motion picture- this is a manga animation also known as an ove which stands for original video animation. Firstly would like to say that this animation lacks some action, has a average story lne and has an above average graphics... heres the plot, in the beginning Kazuya was thrown off a rocky cliff by Heihachi, his father, June witnessed thi and the story continues around ten years after the incident happened... ten years after a tournament has been anounced to fighters chosen across the world, of course only the best fighters re chosen... this tournament is being held by Heihachi Mishima, everyone entered in this tournament has a personal vendetta against the main, javing their families killed by him and so on...I would give this around 7 to 8 out of ten...

Avenging Fist- now this will surprise you all... this is a chinese Tekken based movie, it has Jin kasama in it, Hwoarang and some other characters... though I haven't seen this film myself... I have heard that this movie was almost sued by Tekken producers and so the name was changed to the avenging fist...

Fatal Fury the motion picture- This is based on the game Fatal fury or Wild Ambition... It contains most of the characters that are in the game. The story is this... in the beginning we see a group of people attacking a group of men who has found a piece of a legendary armour... this armour has a curse, who ever wears all the pieces of the armour at once, shall become a god... Terry ogard and gang are asked to help stop the man obtaining the armour... by his sister... (The mans sister by the way)

(though there are many Fatal Fury, I have only seen this one)

Street Fighter the motion picture- like Tekken the motion Picture this is also a manga based animation... so expect great graphics from this. The story is very good... Bison, is recruiting warriors to join Shadow law, while sending out a group of cyborgs to scout the world and bring back data showing the best fighters... Ken has a fight to settle with Ryu, Chun li is having a hard time keeping her beauty maintained while trying to recruit Guile. The music in this animation is unbelievably cool and really a treat for ya... the fight scenes are better than any other animation I have seen in my whole life (so far anyway) the amount of action in this is great. everything about this seems to be good... no wait, better than that, this must ba the best licenced beat em up game animation I have ever seen!!! get this and watch it now!

Street Fighter 2V... well this consists of 29 episodes which use to be shown on TV, this is not that good in my opinion... it lacks good action and the graphics are not highly detailed as what should have been at least average... instead they thought that it would be funny to manipulate the pokemon graphics... get this if you have patience and all...

Street Fighter Alpha- This is an underated animation... it fairs well in the graphics department, but the music is not that great... some of the acion in this animation are really gripping and this is so far the ONLY street fighter animation or movie with the great Akuma in it! worth a watch for street fighter fans...

Street Fighter the Movie- This is a complete disgrace to the street fighter series and all... I don't like it so I will not say much... where is all the fireballs and moves that make the street fighter series what it is mean to be? why does Ryu and Ken look the way they do? why is Dhalsim Bison's slave? so much twist and such makes this a disgrace... in my opinion...

Mortal Kombat the movie- this movie ain't all that bad, the fight scenes are unrealistic... but good. it shows great special effects and finishing moves such as Sub-Zero's freeze finisher and scorpians spear move which is definately a treat indeed... watch it if you haven't!

-Mortal Kombat : Annihalation- this one is even better than the first, has better fight scene in it and Jax! yes the blonx (muscular) man with the handy metal arms... great fight scenes, good music to grip viewers and designs are good... no dumb story plots here... get this and watch it as well... The story is this... Shao Kahn has broken the elder Gods rules and created a portal which will allow him to take over earthrealm... he leaves us with a saying which goes something like this... " God created earth in 6 days and rests on the seventh... now I will take over this world in the next six days... and on the seventh day, mankind will rest in peace!" right in the beginning we have action and it's action all the way! Spoiler (I feel sad to say but for you Johnny cage fans out there, he dies at the very beginning) the bad thing is, some of the characters here are not the same people from the first Mortal kombat...
well that's all I can review for now... gotta go eat something lol

enjoy... hope you do get some of these though...

*don't combine capitals and small cases like this; use one or the other, but not both...*
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the first Mortal Kombat movie. I remember my friend got the soundtrack, it was so fun to listen to back then.

"Moooortal Kombaaaaaat!!!" *Insert awesome beat that everyone knows*
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't watch the fighting movies much, I'm supprised how many games turned into films, (though how many are animated?) though keep in mind some fighting games had animated series, like Mortal Kombat. I really wish they would of made that Primal Rage one....i may of been a rumor or somthng a friend had in a dream. Though each chara has their own agenda, so finding the winner I guess would take lots of thought, and how is the most peacefull (some characters treat the humans at the end like cattle, others make realms of insanity or hells...others go back to sleep)

I was watching a show on G4TV and they did a segment on games and movies. if they do this always, I'd like to bring a hord of Suikofans submitting to their web site suikoden(any given one) for a "a game that should be turned into a movie"
(in this particular show...I think it was a metal gear game or somthing like it)

anway they had polls, best game turned film and worst. Street fighter got worst for fighting, Mario brothers got worst overall. Mortal Kombat they said did good because of um....no real need for a plot, just your typical "OMG KUngFOO action violence!!11" or somthing.

i have an intersting MK story, kind of OT but I drempt my friend had the Radin card...and then I go to his house and he really did. I talked him giving it to me. Cuz...Christopher Lambert plays him, and Connor Mcleod in Highlander. Still made me feel psycic.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VAD

Dark Centurion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i liked fatal fury, tekken the movie and streefighter (although they are old) and when adven children coes it will be on my list
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: