Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 4 Full Runes List
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Suikoden 4 Full Runes List Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Complete List of Runes

Magic Runes

Rune of Punishment
Level 1: Eternal Trial - 300 damage to one enemy. 30 damage to self.
Level 2: Double Edged Sword - 150 damage to all enemies. 50 damage to self.
Level 3: Beckoning Dirge - Possible instant death to one enemy. 10% chance to knockout self.
Level 4: Eternal Forgiveness - 500 damage to all enemies and heals 500 hp of all allies excluding self.

Blinking Rune
Level 1: Ready! - Teleport one enemy out of battle. Sometimes teleports one ally to HQ roster.
Level 2: Set! - 200 damage to all enemies.
Level 3: Go! - Teleport all enemies out of battle. Sometimes teleports one ally to HQ roster.

Souleater
Level 1: Deadly Fingertips - Absorb some HP from one enemy.
Level 2: Black Shadow - 300 damage to all enemies.
Level 3: Hell - Absorb some HP from all enemies.
Level 4: Judgement - 1500 damage to one enemy.

Fire/Rage Rune
Level 1: Flaming Arrow - 100 damage to one enemy.
Level 2: Dancing Flames - 150 damage to all enemies.
Level 3: Wall of Flames - 300 damage to all enemies.
Level 4: Explosion - 500 damage to all enemies.
Level 5: Final Flame - 700 damage to all enemies.

Water/Flowing Rune
Level 1: Kindness Drops - Heals HP and status of one ally.
Level 2: Ice Breath - 100 damage to all enemies.
Level 3: Kindness Rain - Heals HP and status of all allies.
Level 4: Silent Lake - Seals all rune use by enemies and allies for 4 rounds.
Level 5: Mother Ocean - Heals HP and status including "knocked out" of one ally.

Wind/Cyclone Rune
Level 1: Wind of Sleep - Makes all enemies go to sleep.
Level 2: Heal HP and status of one ally.
Level 3: The Shredding - 300 damage to all enemies.
Level 4: Funeral Wind - 300 damage to one enemy; 25% chance for instant death.
Level 5: Shining Wind: Heal 300 HP of all allies; 500 damage to all enemies.

Earth/Mother Earth Rune
Level 1: Guardian Earth - DEF and MDEF 20% increase on all allies.
Level 2: Revenge Earth - Cancels out all magic targeted at one ally (including healing magic).
Level 3: Mother Earth - Heals status ailments of all allies.
Level 4: Earthquake - 800 damage to all enemies.
Level 5: Canopy Defense - Protects entire party from enemy magic.

Lightning/Thunder Rune
Level 1: Angry Strike: 100 damage to all enemies.
Level 2: Thunder Runner: 300 damage to one enemy.
Level 3: Greased Lightning: 600 damage to one enemy.
Level 4: Bolt of Wrath: 900 damage to one enemy.
Level 5: Thor Shot: 1500 damage to one enemy.

Command Runes

Falcon Rune - x3.0 damage to one enemy.
Shrike Rune - x2.0 damage to one enemy.
Red Rose Rune - x2.0 damage to one enemy.

Special Runes (only on certain people)

Seduction Rune - Sometimes forces enemies to take hits for bearer.
Waking Rune - Puts bearer to sleep, but in fury status when awaken.
Firefly Rune - Makes enemies target the bearer.

Common Runes (anyone can attach)
Medicine Rune - Uses medicine when anyone in the party is near death.
Killer Rune - Increases chance for critical attacks by 10%.
One Slice Rune - Changes "Let Go" to "One Slice" (ends battle instantly while you get potch, exp, and items from the enemy).
Counter Rune - Increases chance for counter attacks by 10%.
Drain Rune - Heals bearer's HP with every critical attack. Ineffective when enemy is defending.
Violence Rune - Gains fury status after two hits from enemies during single combat.
Skunk Rune - makes enemies avoid hitting bearer.
Sunbeam Rune - Heals 5% of max HP every round.
Alert Rune - Gains alert status after 4 rounds and MAG multiplied by x2.0.
Double Strike Rune - Increases physical attack damage by x2.0 but also increases damage received by x2.0.
Warrior Rune - Cuts DEF value by half, and adds half of that to STR.
Wizard Rune - Cuts MDEF value by half, and adds half of that to MAG.
Fury Rune - Puts bearer in perpetual fury status and increases STR.
Champion Rune - Stops encounters with weaker enemies.
Fortune Rune Increases exp by x2.0.
Prosperity Rune Increases potch from enemies by x2.0.

Combo Magic
Fire + Earth = Scorched Earth - 1500 damage to all enemies.
Earth + Wind = Storm Fang - 1500 damage to all enemies.
Wind + Water = Water Dragon - 900 damage to all enemies; Heal all HP/status of allies.
Water + Lightning = Thor - 1500 damage to one enemy; Heal all HP/status of allies.
Lightning + Fire = Blazing Camp - 2000 damage to one enemy; 1000 damage to all other enemies.

Last edited by Vextor on Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the list.

Just one question. Mizuki did have a Shrike rune on her in the game, didn't she? Unless it's an entirely new rune, unfortunately having the same name as Kite rune for some reason.

I also remembered seeing Jeane's rune translated as Fascination rune in some trailer videos a while ago, too.
camus_greenhill

Office of the Merchant Guild Secretary

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They've neutered the Soul Eater! :cry:

They ruined two of the best spells the rune had, Deadly Fngertips and Hell. It was great being able to take out an enemy or a whole bunch of enemies, especially if you were in a hurry to get some place.

I know that sicne this game takes place 150 prior t S1, it probably is less powerfull...but it just won't be the same as being to cast Hell on a group of baddies and see them destroyed in one action.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well you have to look at it from the perspective that the rune was younger and also weaker back then so that could factor in to it as well. Not to mention that perhaps the programmers did that to make the game a bit harder for players. I mean if you could just use said spells to eliminate the enemies then whoopdeedoo. It could also be explained by saying that maybe it usually only does those spells storyline wise when someone is in trouble or maybe the incident on that mountain in Suikoden 1 unleashed the spell in that form. I dunno.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THey should have left Hell alone... Just changing deadly fingertips is fine...

And the overall damage seem to be lowered... Except for Judgement of course, and i'm not sure if i like punishment at all...

Anyway, how is Ted's magic like in the game? Is it good? I mean, does he get more than 1 judgement?
Kuromimi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The creators are obviously trying to make this game more challenging than previous Suikoden's. Having the Soul Eater with two instant death spells would make regular battles far too easy, especially since both spells worked 100% of the time in Suikoden I & II. Some people may be in for a shock when they realize this Suikoden is actually challenging at some points.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm very, very, very glad to see that the Fire and Rage Runes don't damage your own party members this time around. It rendered all of the Fire Runes useless in th previous game. -_- But it's good that that is gone.

Edit: Errr, is it just me seeing this, or is there no Pale Gate Rune for this game?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kuromimi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

'...is it just me seeing this, or is there no Pale Gate Rune for this game?'

No Pale Gate Rune this time. Not exactly a huge loss though. I am wondering though, perhaps it wasn't included since the rune summoned things to deal damage. Since it appears Konami wanted spell animations to be rather quick for this one, maybe the Pale Gate Rune wouldn't have worked. The animations were certainly long in Suikoden III. ;)

Upon looking at the Punishment Rune, it doesn't seem all that bad. The second and third spell aren't very useful, but the first and fourth definitely have their uses. A level one spell that deals 300 damage to one enemy would be useful during boss battles. That's very large damage for a level one spell; the loss of 30 hit points is worth it.

Double Edge Sword should have dealt more damage. The fire rune's second level spell does the same damage with no hit point loss. The Soul Eater's second level spell does twice the amount of damage! Beckoning Dirge would have been better if it effected all enemies and worked 100% of the time. Instant death spells that target all enemies are fine as long as there is a 'catch' involved. Since this spell only targets one enemy and may not even work, it doesn't seem worth it at all.

Regarding the first and third level spell for the Soul Eater. This is a spoiler for Suikoden IV, so I've made the text for this in black. If your background isn't black, beware. I would use Code, but it doesn't work.

SPOILER:
"While recruiting Ted, don't you have to fight a demon that has control of the Soul Eater? I certainly wouldn't want him to use Hell if it instantly kills all party members 100% of the time. Of course, draining hit points from all party members is going to hurt, but not as bad. ^^;"
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they got rid of the instant death of Hell and Deadly Fingertips because people used that during random encounters to end them quickly. I would rather have slow, but more cinamatic spell animations, I have nothing against quick animations, but more cinematic ones seem better to me.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Instead of the instant death spells they made the One Slice rune for that function. The One Slice rune would make the process quicker because you don't have to enter commands for every fighter just to kill all the enemies.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kuromimi wrote:
SPOILER:
"While recruiting Ted, don't you have to fight a demon that has control of the Soul Eater? I certainly wouldn't want him to use Hell if it instantly kills all party members 100% of the time. Of course, draining hit points from all party members is going to hurt, but not as bad. ^^;"

SPOILER:
He uses a watered down form of Hell (or maybe my Magic Defense is really high), and I'm pretty sure he has an instant death move on one person that doesn't always work. I don't remember if the latter spell is from Soul Eater, but I believe I've seen the rune animation before it's cast.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found an interesting plus to the shorter rune animations. (From the Demo), I got into a battle with four crabs, and had each character attack one crab, but instead of attacking, I had Kika use the Falcon rune, and everybody still attacked AT THE SAME TIME. It ruled. Now if they could only find a way to do that with attacking and magic runes. I assume this works with Shrike and Red Rose as well.

One question about the three command runes: are there any downsides at all, or do they simply amplify the characters' damage.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hurrah...combo magic. its like Crono trigger...but not!

its not much of a spoiler....to me at least...well the spell list.

ah..i'm going to find a differnt way to aquire S4, maybe preownded....or in a trade.
no skin off my wallet.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes! Blinking Rune is HERE!!! Plus the new One Slice Rune is interesting. Another thing one may take note of is the "baby" SoulEater. It's powered down but to a point that won't make rabid fans file a protest.

The Rune of Punishment is kind of good but isn't my type of rune. I have no choice though.

More good news includes the presence of combo magic again which i'm thankful of! I do hope that the rune animations aren't THAT short. That would be disappointing.... :shock:

Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree.....I love Letting Go. Getting stuff from that = awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: