Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Official S4 English Website Up: Did anyone know about this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm glad they kept it as Fubar, as it gave me something to constantly laugh about for the duration of the game (as he was always in my party)

However, I would have preferred "Nekobold", as I don't really enjoy using an excess of words (explaining why I use contractions so much). /rant
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nay-Kobolds may be an accurant translation, but that doesn't make it visually pleasing either. :{
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know what you mean himurokoken. I know what you mean...
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
On the Jowy/Joei subject, the Prima Games guide had pictures and wrote in the guide calling him Joei, how did they get it that way, and we got it as Jowy?

The more important question is why is it not Joey??? Jowy always looked stupid to me, and Joei was actually easier to read (for the 4-5 times it was used in the game). But still... Joey was the proper translation.

And I won't even get into Paul = Pohl. :evil:

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure Jowy is pronounced Joe-i, and not Joey. I like that idea, since it explains where "Joei" came from.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

heh, the almighty typo! why is Jowy called jowy, then joie? Its even in the game! Nanami is talking about him, and she says Jowy...then uses Joie twice.

as for Nay-Kobolds, I read "there a kobold-like race from Nei island" Nekobold...but
thought "Neko" was "cat"

Polh was paul? maybe it wasn't exotic enough..Jowy is exotic.
whats Baanar? and how did hoover beome fubar? was it somthing to do with the vacume guys

ah who am I to say....I'm "qusar".

------------------------
anway that lingusisc lession was nice, In my sociology book, they made the "oriental steroytype of "fried lice" out to be a crule, non existant feature...OMG lets say evil white media people made up somtihing...like...prehaps some people don't have ceratin letter-sounds in their native toung (this is why i hate the book, for that fact, sure the stilted english they make "Indians" speek in cowyboys is mean, but when you have somone that didn't master English, don't tell me that its not true)

Ps.
is there any language that dosen't rely on S, Sh, C, SCH Sch sounds? Shirt comes out to be 'cert" for me and "bits" is (female dog)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scary... The English translations are somewhat correct and some things are already cleared up but i'm overwhelmed by all the vocabulary and changes. Perhaps i should take this slowly....

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: