Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: History of Suikoden Fansites
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Yes, but I would like to see different types of articles. I'd like to see articleson the drma that aries out of Suikoden fandom, like anything including Suikodenfan01 or all of that stuff. Those are the things that I think stick with people the most and have had the largest impact on people going to and creating different sites.

2.I liked the recomendations for succesful sites and the tone of the article. i wish a little mroe detail would ahve gone into the other sites that were sucessful and gone, such as Suikoworld and the others.

3.Not really.
mergle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Do you like to see more articles on issues of Suikoden fandom?

---As others have said, while this was a good nostalgia trip, there's really no need to do any others for quite some time. I would be interested on hearing more about what the Japanese fandom is like, in terms of what the general quality of fanfiction and fanart and attitudes at message boards are. (For example, do they, too, have to have official sticky threads for Pesmurga/Yuber speculation? Are the same characters popular in general? How much of the extra-game information Konami puts out does the typical fan know/have access to?). But that might require too much research to really be worth your time.

2. What did you like/dislike about the article?

--- I was saddened to realize how many of the first wave of Suikoden 1 information/fansites are gone without a trace, since your research turned up nothing on them (at least, you didn't mention them). If you really wanted to make a good history/survey of old sites, I would've advised talking to some fans who were online before Suikoden 2 came out. Back when rumor was, Suikoden II was called "The Emperor's Countryside" and you played the bad guys.

3. Did the article change your perception of the Suikoden fandom?

My perception of my relation to it, yes. I thought I was somewhat late coming to the fandom, because I didn't play the first game until a few years after it had come out. But I guess I'm more of an old fart than I thought. ^_^
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

awsome, I wanted to do this for the "ecco the dolphin" community(ies) I belong to.
only more indpeth.

the thing I didn't "like" was the part about using offical art Admin is, some of us cannot draw it, some peple are "gifted" with the abity to draw like the orginal artist, then they mope when somone steals their art thinking its offical art. I don't want a suikoden site with shoddy images, I don't want to make my self look bad, and getting the elite to do things for me for "free" isn't a possiblity, because i lack the popularity. Really, who wants eye-chocolate coverd poop?

acctually, suiko sprite comics I think are a good idea! yes, lets make sprite comics.
now how do I get good pictures? my TV card is awfull.

I think i went to the souleater.org forums once.......lost contact then, lost the place

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Judgement of Lorelai

Carthage Royal Guard

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1 - of course i want to see more of those articles especially those in the late souleater.org.. want to see the art section where drawings, poems, essays, short stories are in..

2 - it was very sad that those things we wrote there were gone in a one fell swoop.. something wrong has happened to the site

I was a Mod in souleater.org under Seed as admin.. I remember i registered Sept 2000 if i am not mistaken.. Suikosource is already there.. So sad it was gone.. and I lay lowed for a while...
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh come on, you can write a lot more about some of the other fan sites, and you have to also include the old "house system"!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: