Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Attackers and Defenders
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Fang wrote:
O and Harukaze.....it would actually be really funny if Grasslands managed to take over the whole world from this point on hehe, being the weakest and fighting on three fronts this turn and all.

1. Grasslands is definetly not the weakest country, I won't state which one is as it may offend some people.

2. They're only fighting on 2 fronts this turn:
-Battle for Amur against Zexen
-Battle for North Amur and Mountain Pass against Jowston.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, the Grasslands are far from being the weakest nation and, as with Gaara, I have no wish to offend so I won't state which is the weakest either. In fact, Harmonia is only stronger than the Grasslands by a few thousand soldiers. As far as the soldier count in concerned, Harmonia and Grasslands are ranked fourth and fifth respectively, out of ten nations.

Since the Jowston/Grassland battle for North Amur and Mountain Pass is contested in a single battle, it greatly improves the Grasslands' chances of victory. Sure, they will have to spread their army thin to combat both Jowston and Zexen, but they could come up with a winning strategy as well as the luck of the draw with the class advantage.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think what the Lord Bishop meant is that the Grasslands have the least number of territories left. The term "weakest" was a poor choice of wording and I apologise officially as leader of Harmonia to the Grasslands, although we have been opponents in the recent battles I respect the strength of the Six (or is that Four now that Safir and Chisha are taken) Tribes.

"Weakest" is really quite a subjective thing in this game, anyway, as there are so many factors that come into play when calculating the strength of nations. After all which nation is stronger, the nation with 10 Cavalry units who have 10000 soldiers each or the nation with 10 of each unit type who have 2000 soldiers each? I guess in terms of "winning" and "losing" the Grasslands have the least number of territories and could be considered the weakest in that respect- they are closest to being defeated but they may well be in a position right now where they have the potential to hold all 6 of their remaining territories and slowly increase that number until they surpass all other nations. Who knows.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Soldier count is a good start in judging a nation's strength, but it is only one piece of the puzzle. Like you mentioned Saben, if a nation was strong in just a single unit type, it would be far more likely for the "weaker" nations to take such a nation down in battle. A well-balanced arsenal will surely be key to the success of the nations in the game. For instance, regardless of how many soldiers I may be able to acquire, all it would take is an archer unit with but a single soldier to eliminate me from the battle.

The Grasslands are definitely in a challenging position at the moment, and this phase is sure to be an all important phase for them, as they need a win over Jowston to get the momentum moving back in their favour. If they can re-take Mountain Pass, it could be a turning point for them.

"All they need is a little strategy, and a lot of luck."

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Comments such as "I am stronger than you!" and "You are weaker than us" is considered immature behavior, and is severely discouraged here. I hope I do not have to see that again.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WOW!!! Didn't mean to stir this up heh. Firstlly I want to appologise to the Grasslands and anyone else as weaker was a shortcut for a longer sentance and definatelly a poor choice of words as my liege Lord Saben pointed out earlier.

What I meant by that statement is that Grasslands at this point has only 6 areas under its control....which means that they need to conquer another 94 areas for total world domination. Since each phase is a month old, it would take them 7 years and 10 months to take the entire suikoworld, which is more than any other nation at the moment. I never ment to say they are the weakest in terms of military might, just small land area wise.

Thats all I meant when saying that and I want to once again appologise if I insulted anyone in any way, but I'll try and be more careful in the future heh. :mrgreen:

O and by the way, one general of cavalry type with 18644 soldiers and another general with a magicians regiment and only one soldier would still win (strange but true heh), so even the number of soldiers can sometimes be completelly useless.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no offense taken; we have issues, mostly in regiment areas, but considering luck is a factor, we still stand a fighting chance *pun intended.*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Erm, anyone, Gaara, lol - I always thought I just assumed it was Royal Guard when there was no "official" name! Heheh!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

to be a attacker is the best part strategic games of rualty is my fashion
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not too sure what you meant with your post, but I think I could say that you sort of misunderstood the topic of this thread.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I doubt you very well understand the concept of the whole nation systems and wars at the boards here. You should read the FAQ in the Community Discussion to learn more about the war.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

to be a attacker is the best part strategic games of rualty is my fashion

not just review the faq, but write legibly in the future.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: