Suikoden United and Irenic Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Attackers and Defenders
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Attackers and Defenders Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know that each nation has a unit [always the leader, I think?] that does double damage, and a unit that takes half damage. Is there a list somewhere of the latter group of individuals? If the former truly is always the leader, that's simple to find, since you can see it on the Usergroups page for each group; but the "shield" unit isn't listed. Is this knowledge secret? I don't think it is, since I've seen a few whose titles suggested this position, but I can't find a single list of all the "special" units for the nations.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some of the Royal Guards are listed in the Battle Questions thread on page 4 I think.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol Lord Dredd, you just wiped my whole response before I got a chance to post it!

There is no list of Royal Guards, nor will there be a list, but it is not a secret. The Nation Leader do double damage, the moderators do not have any stat bonuses as far as I'm aware. If you wanted to find out who was a Royal Guard for each particular nation, you'd have to search through it. It makes it a little more rewarding to do the searching yourself ;p

Some people have said they cannot tell who are mods and who are royal guards; but usually the clue is fairly obvious in the title. For example, Falena's royal guard has the title "Queen's Sheild" whilst the moderator has a non-fighting title "Viceroy of Falena". The same can be seen for all Royal Guards who have a battle-ish title, while other with titles have a political-ish name.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whereas some other nations such as Nameless Lands have a National Guard but we do not have a clue as to who it is as there is no nifty custom rank under that guard and some other nation(s) perhaps we do not know about.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Intriguing. Well then it -shall- make fniding out all the sweeter. Royal Guard is the official term? Good to know, good to know. Well, I know my own Royal Guard then, and think I know a few others, so I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled. Thanks all!
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's no official term... you can call it Royal Guard, National Guard, Nation Guard... I prefer Nation Guard myself as it goes well with Nation Leader.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always figured it was Royal Guard lol nevermind, learn something new everyday ^_^ Thanks Gaara.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uhh... Don't take my word on it! I might be on weed and making stuff up out of nowhere! (No, I'm not actually on weed), but I'm not really sure if it is Nation Guard or Royal guard... I'm sure I heard nation guard somewhere.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gah, I'ma have to find this out I guess.....I think the official Royal Guard title was made in one of SARS's posts. I'll ask him and chuck this piece of info into the newbie guide. I think it is Royal Guard though.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Correct Answer: Royal Guard
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some country have their Royal Guard changed as time goes...
Some that I remember is Gwendal (Is he a royal guard? the platinum spear?) and Bugg. In Bugg's case it's because he decided to be inactive and Gwendal is more likely had the same case. For Jowston, the RG position was given to me by the nation members after Bugg's given up his position.

Sigh... I wonder where are they right now (and some older members like Falcon Critical, Roschacma, etc.)

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sad thing with forums are that people often do drop off the map, sometimes without so much as a goodbye. And if the forum was the only point of contact you had with them.... It's kinda why I don't often join forums; I, way too often, am the same way. I'll drop off the map without warning, my attention span expended. Happened once before with Blue Moon's boards, two years ago *sheeps* I think, though, that something interesting like this strategy game here, is more than enough to keep my interest going. Until, of course, Grasslands rules the entire world. Then maybe I'll leave. But not beforetime ;)
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical was known, and still should be, as Stallion on the Suikosource boards, but he hasn't visited there in a while either. He got really involved in a computer game, and visits fairly sporadically.

Gwendal was the Royal Guard, but he left, and we're in the process of electing a new RG in Highland at the moment.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry for the false information on my behalf, Fliktor! :roll:
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dammit, Staillion was a kiwi too.....that takes us back down to two kiwi suikoden fans. O well....better than one.

O and Harukaze.....it would actually be really funny if Grasslands managed to take over the whole world from this point on hehe, being the weakest and fighting on three fronts this turn and all.

I think a country can change a Royal Guard as often as they like but it just creates more work for SARS and Synci and besides, its a position given to the person the Nation Leader trusts. The mod position is given out so that the leader can sit around and do nothing and have their lil guy running the country for them...... :shock: ........well at least in some countries heh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: